Don’t do this death perception change for wvw, anet

cobracommander.5861

Idk how you guys thought this was a good idea, but it’s not. You’re really hosing power reaper, and REALLY hosing core power. This will not make them more competitive for wvw outside of the mindless zergs. This will be less competitive 1v1. All of your other changes to reaper are inconsequential in the big scheme of things. Trust me.  It can’t help in pvp but I don’t do that anymore so can’t speak to it. Are you trying to make everyone play the already broken cele harb builds? Who’s doing this deving at anet? I’d like to see that person explain the reasoning.  Thanks. Darth. 

Edited by cobracommander.5861
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The only spec I see benefiting from this is Scourge, which doesnt even run soul reaping in wvw because its role is boon corruption so it takes spite and curses. Power core and reaper aren't even dominant in any meta and this will cut the legs out from under them, core being hurt the most. I just don't get who this is for. If harb needs a nerf just nerf it directly please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, eyestrain.3056 said:

The only spec I see benefiting from this is Scourge, which doesnt even run soul reaping in wvw because its role is boon corruption so it takes spite and curses. Power core and reaper aren't even dominant in any meta and this will cut the legs out from under them, core being hurt the most. I just don't get who this is for. If harb needs a nerf just nerf it directly please.

Yes. Exactly. 

49 minutes ago, cobracommander.5861 said:

Idk how you guys thought this was a good idea, but it’s not. You’re really hosing power reaper, and REALLY hosing core power. This will not make them more competitive for wvw outside of the mindless zergs. This will be less competitive 1v1. All of your other changes to reaper are inconsequential in the big scheme of things. Trust me.  It can’t help in pvp but I don’t do that anymore so can’t speak to it. Are you trying to make everyone play the already broken cele harb builds? Who’s doing this deving at anet? I’d like to see that person explain the reasoning.  Thanks. Darth. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwEE6M0R6ysZD-zxQYhom7cHEWZERKURFY7BRMqBk9Q8rhCLbA-e

This is the least painful route I am finding to crit cap post-changes.

However, should probably note that the crit damage change seems to be multiplicitive with Ferocity, so it will be a crit damage buff over what we see now (yes, it will be a buff even if you have 0 other ferocity).  The reliability of said crits is what takes the hit.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Thanks 1

The problem with deving from a wvw player perspective is that they’re trying to balance crit chance in/out shroud with best case/most optimal damage output/pve builds. Too much crit in shroud, not enough out. So why not even it out, right? 

But you can’t in wvw. I can’t run that build you linked. I need to build for optimal crit chance in shroud, accepting the loss outside, in order to build survivability and utility into my build. The traits need to allow me some grace so I don’t have to min/max to get the crit I need. I hear it’s Solar who’s deving this. This is what needs to be told. 

it used to be 50%, and it was absolutely necessary for core power builds to build for 100% crit in shroud way back. They nerfed to 33% and I made it work and thanked them for the ferocity. But now it’s this and it’s mind boggling. 

you can’t test wvw builds on a golem. I can’t sit in shroud for 45s and let damage even out with a mix of crit/non-crit rolls. In competitive, I may have a chance for 2-4 attacks to land in shroud, if I’m lucky. The builds need this to crit to be competitive. We need deving that takes into account wvw perspective. They broke something that didn’t require fixing. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, cobracommander.5861 said:

But you can’t in wvw. I can’t run that build you linked. I need to build for optimal crit chance in shroud, accepting the loss outside, in order to build survivability and utility into my build. The traits need to allow me some grace so I don’t have to min/max to get the crit I need. I hear it’s Solar who’s deving this. This is what needs to be told.

Exactly.
I mostly play WvW and when there, i play power reaper. Reaper compensate its lack of mobility by being an absolute beast at melee range and when fighting classes with high mobility thief or mesmer, you need to be able to pin them to melee and then burst them to low enough HP otherwise, even with axe#2 you will not finish them...
Crit chance outside of shroud has never been the problem as it has always been your LF build up and boon ripping phase to prepare for your burst in shroud.

But now RIP any kind of power build necro, there will just be the cele and condi tank builds that will reign supreme...

GG aNet, once again you kittened it up mightily...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Esufer.8762 said:

You can definitely play power reaper in wvw without death perception. Without the soul reaping tree at all, tbh.

Sure, I know, and I have a few other power builds in store, but this reduction in crit chance is gutting Reaper's burst potential and force you to go towards more conservatives builds.

Your crit chance in shroud drops from 100 to roughly 80, that's still a reliable crit chance. And that's without decimate defenses.

Marauder isn't viable anyway in WvW smallscale (including 1v1). If you win more than 50% of your encounters in marauder gear you should stop fighting noobs. All meta roaming builds played properly trash marauder reaper. Even soldier and celestial power reaper trash marauder reaper.

What you all ignore for some reason is that you get an additional 10% crit chance when not in shroud, which is nice. My biggest issues currently as a roaming power reaper are non critting axe2 and gs2 hits. A wet noodle gs5>skill cancel=>gs2 combo has a much more negative impact than critting only 4 out of 5 instead of 5 out of 5 hits in shroud.

Regarding that gs combo: It was buffed also in another way because the cooldown of gs5 was lowered to 20s.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Your crit chance in shroud drops from 100 to roughly 80, that's still a reliable crit chance. And that's without decimate defenses.

Marauder isn't viable anyway in WvW smallscale (including 1v1). If you win more than 50% of your encounters in marauder gear you should stop fighting noobs. All meta roaming builds played properly trash marauder reaper. Even soldier and celestial power reaper trash marauder reaper.

What you all ignore for some reason is that you get an additional 10% crit chance when not in shroud, which is nice. My biggest issues currently as a roaming power reaper are non critting axe2 and gs2 hits. A wet noodle gs5>skill cancel=>gs2 combo has a much more negative impact than critting only 4 out of 5 instead of 5 out of 5 hits in shroud.

Regarding that gs combo: It was buffed also in another way because the cooldown of gs5 was lowered to 20s.

Whiffing the crit on RSHroud1 into an aftercast cancel is a way bigger loss than getting an extra crit on GC from both a damage and reliability standpoint.  I'd rather have the crit chance than the ferocity.  Not being able to precalc crits before blows exchange is a HUGE loss to shroud builds since the base HP bar is the defense and not the other way around.

DD's not as good as SE, anyways.  Except on Celestial builds, which I've already out-innovated back onto Marauder.

I find it highly likely GC will get nerfed in a subsequent patch, too.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've actually got more damage but I had to readjust my gear to lean even more heavily into crit to make sure it maxes out so survivability takes a hit... kinda wierd changes I am more annoyed about the Warhorn change though will have to test a bit more.

Edited by Via Negativa.1059

no longer having an unblockable daze on a longer cast time is just trolling at this point. I get that fear can be used with some fear centric builds but overall it's just kinda insulting. But, ever since they removed cripple from wh5 it's been kind of a meme. I have no idea why they thought that was necessary. Been downhill from there.