My hammer is grayed out !!??

RickPrice.2730

I built up a Scrapper last night to use in WvW and tested it out in the Desert on eels, scarabs and sand lions with excellent results.  Today I went to WvW and the Hammer is grayed out.  My Daredevil had the same issue losing the staff he was built around.  Any help on what's going on and how to fix it would be a big help.  

• Confused 1

Just now, RickPrice.2730 said:

I built up a Scrapper last night to use in WvW and tested it out in the Desert on eels, scarabs and sand lions with excellent results.  Today I went to WvW and the Hammer is grayed out.  My Daredevil had the same issue losing the staff he was built around.  Any help on what's going on and how to fix it would be a big help.  

You likely have a different build for WvW which isn’t a scrapper, (might be either a mechanist, or engi, etc). Same likely is true for the daredevil.

if the elite spec isn’t selected for the build that you default to in WvW the weapon that is only for that elite spec would be greyed out.

• Like 2

Never mind. I found the issue.  WvW was using an incorrect build for my character.  It substituted a generic Engineer for the scrapper.  Once I reentered the correct one (in WvW) and saved it, all is fine.  The Daredevil/Staff kills Veterans/Guards in just a few hits. and the Scrapper is unreal on the hit points/barrier start mounting.

6 hours ago, RickPrice.2730 said:

Never mind. I found the issue.  WvW was using an incorrect build for my character.  It substituted a generic Engineer for the scrapper.  Once I reentered the correct one (in WvW) and saved it, all is fine.  The Daredevil/Staff kills Veterans/Guards in just a few hits. and the Scrapper is unreal on the hit points/barrier start mounting.

WvW uses a different build template than PvE. It's not that it applied an incorrect build, it's just that you didn't apply the PvE build in WvW. I was confused about this too at some point. Afaik you don't have to save the WvW build. It will apply it each time when you enter WvW until you change it again within WvW.