Axe/axe build suggestions.

Leonidas Spartian.3921

19 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

So, are you using the build editor from gw2skills.net? If you are, the full link to your build didn't show up in your post. On the forum text-field, go to the top and click the chain icon where it says, 'Link' to post a link. That tends to be a better way to post links.

Take the bracketed section of the OP's post and paste it into in-game chat to view it.

Here's my current core axe/axe template for solo PvE play:  Axe/Axe Warrior Build

Some context:  My first main was a core pistol/pistol thief and he was a glass cannon.  I got tired of dying when I got into the Heart of Maguuma so I made a tanky warrior.  I was happy to sacrifice damage for survivability and IRL I'm a competitive axe thrower, so it felt good to beat things up in the game with dual axes.

I tried out different configurations and I settled on Celestial (Dolyak) for my armor and Commander (Blood/Accuracy) for my weapons because I found most of the status useful for solo play.

The second weapon set is just an offhand axe because the main hand stays when I swap weapons (saves some coin).  I swap weapons fairly often because Brawler's Recovery removes a condition on weapon swap (good for poison or slows).

For the skills I went all sigils except I chose Mending for heals (big heal, removes conditions, fast recharge).  I have a banner build, but I don't like it.  I die while trying to get the kitten banners planted.

For the specializations I went Arms for crit, Discipline for weapon swap and axes, and Defense for Last Stand (I was tired of constantly being knocked over).  

Fighting is a slog, but I rarely die.  However, I played my core pistol/pistol thief again and was amazed at how fast he killed, and it showed me just how slow my warrior is.  

I'm not up to speed on the upcoming balance changes, but is there a way I can maintain decent survivability while upping my damage output?  I'd rather slog and live than have to rez and run back half the time.

Thanks!

Edited by ZioGio.9102

28 minutes ago, ZioGio.9102 said:

Here's my current core axe/axe template for solo PvE play:  Axe/Axe Warrior Build

Some context:  My first main was a core pistol/pistol thief and he was a glass cannon.  I got tired of dying when I got into the Heart of Maguuma so I made a tanky warrior.  I was happy to sacrifice damage for survivability and IRL I'm a competitive axe thrower, so it felt good to beat things up in the game with dual axes.

I tried out different configurations and I settled on Celestial (Dolyak) for my armor and Commander (Blood/Accuracy) for my weapons because I found most of the status useful for solo play.

The second weapon set is just an offhand axe because the main hand stays when I swap weapons (saves some coin).  I swap weapons fairly often because Brawler's Recovery removes a condition on weapon swap (good for poison or slows).

For the skills I went all sigils except I chose Mending for heals (big heal, removes conditions, fast recharge).  I have a banner build, but I don't like it.  I die while trying to get the kitten banners planted.

For the specializations I went Arms for crit, Discipline for weapon swap and axes, and Defense for Last Stand (I was tired of constantly being knocked over).  

Fighting is a slog, but I rarely die.  However, I played my core pistol/pistol thief again and was amazed at how fast he killed, and it showed me just how slow my warrior is.  

I'm not up to speed on the upcoming balance changes, but is there a way I can maintain decent survivability while upping my damage output?  I'd rather slog and live than have to rez and run back half the time.

Thanks!

Fighting doesn't have to be slog. If you're trying to push that signet warrior, you could just switch out those Dolyak runes for more damage while still keeping the toughness. (Remember, you're not using Strength spec) For example, Brawler runes. Warrior has enough base HP to get by, it doesn't need as much as say ele does. You can safely loosen up the vitality.

• Like 1

For those who may be following this thread, I took @JTGuevara.9018's advice and dropped my Dolyak runes for Brawler and I also replaced the Defense trait with Strength.  I feel like I'm slicing through mobs more quickly now while still maintaining survivability.  I'm liking this new build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKzAceflJkwmaaURNrsWZlO6KaLPA-zRRUVRw3HY0iALFApPKJw+KqISVZXlnC-e