Ageism is now okay with Anet? Not with me. Remove Hate Speech from Guild Wars 2 Immediately.

I hate that we live in a society of people so easily offended.

If all it takes is words to hurt you that much, I shudder to think how some people exist in their day to day lives. It must really be tragic.

Edited by pallas.8150
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Atomnium.1532 said:

back in my days when a post of that intelligence spawned on a forum, people would gently remind the audience not to feed the trolls

I'd agree if we were still in 2012. In 2022 where people unironically use the term "safe space" and language is policed more than it ever needed to be, poking fun and pointing out the ridicule works better than addressing it as if it was an actual issue / not addressing it at all

• Like 3

First off, I think the name is a bit meh, but really it is not ageist. Besides, has OP even played Halloween yet? Even though I seem to recall them renaming a couple of things that people complained about, almost everything there has references to madness or lunacy in it. And again, even though I have had mental illness for over half my life, it really isn't meant as offensive (and I personally don't find it so either). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree , remove also the condition Blind , cuz as a a blind person it offend me , ... wait how am i tiping this , ... and how do i know you are complaining , ...

Jeez plz calm down ,senility is a state of condition , if we have to remove every skill who has the name of a disease or a mental or physical condition ,it will take 20 patch to do that.

Lets remove weakness then and cripple and rename them in a more Sjw style like " you suffer a physical condition , who actually allows you to dodge  50% less of the time , and somehow you cannot crit...."

There are more important things in the game actually to bother about, you see evil everywhere .

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, MakeItFit.7062 said:

Okay, so should Stage 4 kitten be a Skill too then? By your logic that would be just fine.

It says stage 4 "kitten" so not entirely sure what you wanted to say. However, I think it refers to a disease that's the number one killer of humans. I have Glioblastoma (GBM), also referred to as a grade IV astrocytoma. It's not exactly the same as stage 4 kitten,  but GBM is incurable as of yet and I don't know how long I have to live still, but it's not likely to be much longer. So that's rough. Really rough. 

I would not be offended at all by this if it referred to grade IV kitten, however. It seems like you have strong opinions on these things, but I'm not convinced you suffer from old age or  grade/stage 4 kitten. Would you care to comment on that, because if you're not old or have stage 4 kitten, then I don't think you have a right to decide what offends those people.

Edit: to clarify, I still wouldn't want skills referring to terminal diseases. The reason for that is that it would be confrontational but not because it would be offensive.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

No! Just no!

There are lots of emoji trolls that will spam the useless "confused" emojis regardless of what you say. Then there are those who would use that on every one of your posts if you disagree with them on an issue. And the funniest are those that will upvote themselves with multiple accounts because they think it shows them as winning an argument. Seen a few of those where a considerable number of "like" emojis are given to certain people within minutes but not to another who says exactly the same thing.

Those reactions, either for or against posts, are rather silly, imo.

Ah thank you for clarifying. It is has been confusing me, but I should probably just take these reactions with a grain of salt and move on then.

Crusading against offensive speech aside, I don't see the point of the name change. Well of Recall works perfectly fine for the upcoming change if you think about it. Recalling those boons from the enemies that are still in the well means they no longer have them. Seems more effort needed to be put into making skill changes over name changes though.