Are there spvp duel spots

Hotride.2187

So I'm kinda done with wvw aside from camp flipping (gotta get 2 more legendary skins). And I'm kinda done with conquest, aside from getting the shark finisher, maybe the dragon one too.

But I still enjoy dueling normal builds and overall good duels. As those are few and far between in wvw, is there an active spvp duel spot (with spvp balancing, cause I can't stand wvw cele anymore)? Or multiple such spots?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2

Dueling servers are a thing but it’s not very populated and kind of “hidden” in the PvP UI (underneath even Mist Champions)

FFA is your best bet though, more accessible and way more opportunities for duels. Ppl always bring up ganks and outnumbering, but as long as your not an kitten it’s not very common. People are far more likely to jump you if you interrupt their fights, moreso than just bc “iTs FfA bRo”. A lot of people aren’t looking for complete chaos; most just stand, either chilling on rocks or waiting for a fight. Hit one, do a little movement jiggle in front of them, wait for one back, then y’all fight.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Ugh theres this thing where players "surrender" to "try again" to jump you. That is pretty weird, am I maybe at the wrong spot?

(TLDR; Nah that's part of FFA.)

The reason I say that FFA is particularly accessible is because players are quickly able to jump back into the arena after death. The surrender button is an insta-death that signals that the surrenderer does not want the interaction to continue (either bc you destroyed them, they are tilted, they got jumped by others, etc).

An important thing to remember is that the FFA is rarely about single fights with one person. A death (whether by stomp or surrender) is very likely to warrant the loser coming right back to get their runback. Even the most honorable player is running back and starting the next duel with you right after going to waypoint. You gotta be prepared and look out for them coming back.

Now if they jump back in and interrupt your new fights just to kill you at low health, then they're an kitten and there's no shame in surrendering yourself & resetting. Everyone recognizes the salt in a loser interrupting a duel. Though you could also opt to fight them straight away while you're at low health, and potentially win, making them even more salty. <you'll often be surprised who comes to help you out with this

Either way, while ganking after surrendering is fairly common, there are ways around it, and usually honorable fighters will either take the loss outright or wait for you to finish before reengaging.

***Often though honorable players will surrender to skip the end of an obviously lost fight, so you can't always assume a surrender is out of salt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Either way, while ganking after surrendering is fairly common, there are ways around it, and usually honorable fighters will either take the loss outright or wait for you to finish before reengaging.

Well I'm used to all sort of nonsense in wvw dueling, just this was new. I was thinking, maybe that was the wrong spot. But if its just tilted players, I get it.