How do I give Aurene a snack?

I'm doing the Outreach quest. I've just caught 2 fish. I prepared filets from the first fish and I've kept the second fish whole. I enter the cave and Aurene is laying there with the green story quest marker over her head. But I don't get any option to interact (F), talk, or feed her.  I can't go forward with the story. What should I do?

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Stand next to her and double-click the fish in your inventory, if I remember correctly.

I tried this, but it didn't work.

8 hours ago, SandraSolace.7682 said:

The quest asks you to go outside and catch a fish. 

Once you catch it, it will be in you chars arms. Do nothing. (this is an introduction to fishing, even without a lure or bait you can do this!).

You will see yourself holding the fish.

I didn't see this happen when I caught the fish. I saw character unhook the fish and put it away. But he didn't hold it in his arms. It was just in my inventory.

Maybe it's bugged. I will try again from the start. thank you for the replies!

EDIT: For anyone else who might run into this problem, I had the infinite fishing lure attached when the quest would not progress. After removing it, it worked just fine as SandraSolace said it would. 

Edited by Skull.8253
Additional info on resolution of problem.
  • Like 4

That might actually be it though. If you play through the story "normally", you start fishing after feeding  Aurene. At that point you don't have a lure or bait yet.

But if you start fishing before feeding Aurene, in the quest, you'll have a lure and/or bait equiped and the game treats it as the normal fishing where the fish gets put away.

I might be wrong on this but it makes sense in my mind 😉

Glad it worked for you though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Same issue this morning. Logged out to character selection screen, logged back in and re-did everything then it worked just fine. As mentioned, if your character is holding the fish it should work. Once I caught the fish and was holding it I accidentally ran forward, going into swim mode and lost the fish but once I got back on shore there was a clickable fish there.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Before you talk to Marjory, unequip any fishing bait or lures, she will give you Borrowed Bait and Borrowed Lure if you have none equipped. Catch a fish using them and you will have a fish in your hands as mentioned above. 

Link to see the Borrowed Bait image

On 6/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, SandraSolace.7682 said:

The quest asks you to go outside and catch a fish. 

Once you catch it, it will be in you chars arms. Do nothing. (this is an introduction to fishing, even without a lure or bait you can do this!).

You will see yourself holding the fish.

Edited by Phlack.1025
  • Confused 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 6:20 PM, DeathsRebel.7920 said:

Same issue this morning. Logged out to character selection screen, logged back in and re-did everything then it worked just fine. As mentioned, if your character is holding the fish it should work. Once I caught the fish and was holding it I accidentally ran forward, going into swim mode and lost the fish but once I got back on shore there was a clickable fish there.

Can confirm. Tried everything but in the end going to Character select and doing it again worked!