How to fix Boon Banners.

DanAlcedo.3281

Traits Changes

• Double Standards replaces Soldies Comfort in Tactics.
  • New Effect: Increases Base Duration of Boons from Banners by 100%.  Increases Targetcap by 5.
  • New Trait in Discipline called Berserker´s Precision.
  • Effect: Gain increased crit chance when you use a burst skill; this crit chance is based on your adrenaline. (5% per bar. Works like Berserker's Power)
  • Phalanx Strength changes:
  1. Radius Increased to 900.
  2. Might Duration increased to 10 Seconds.
  3. Added effect: If you give might to an ally that has over 20 Stacks of might, you give Quickness. Base Duration of X Seconds. ICD of X Seconds.
  • Mending Might gains the effect: Gain 1% Boon Duration for every Stack of Might on you.

Banner Changes

• Banners now use Ammunition. 2 Charges.
  • Using a charge places a Banner below you. No Cast time.
  • If you use a charge while a Banner is already activ, it removes the old one.
  • Banners pulse boons every 3 Seconds. Base Duration 1 Second.
  • Charge Cooldown is 20 Seconds.
  • Banner Duration is 60 Seconds.
  • Radius 1200 Range.

Explanation

We now dont need to waste time to deploy the Banner and pressing our Banner Skill again "teleports" our Banner to our location.

1200 Radius because unlike other classes , WE dont pulse the boons. The banner do. So we have an easier time getting the Boons to our allies.

Traited Banners need 50% Boon Duration to get to 100% Uptime. With Buffed Mending Might we only need 25% Boon Duration from Gear.

Added Crit Chance where is belongs. 😠

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 6

I'm going to have to disagree with these changes, for several reasons.

Replacing soldiers comfort is a bad idea, as then you're competing with the warhorn perk.

The trait you suggested, berserker precision, is unnecessary, and besides that you already have several other avenues to gain fury. (I'm aware you want a stacking buff, but another 15% wouldn't do anything, and may end up being overkill)

The Phalanx strength changes would be plainly overpowered. It is ridiculously simple to get and maintain 20 stacks of might, and that would immediately become meta because it's a passive boon. Also, the might lasts 10 seconds according to the patch notes, so it's essentially a permanent 5 might while in combat.

For your banner changes, there are a few issues. The first is that we don't need more ammunition abilities. This would just solidify Bladesworn even more because of tactical reload. I don't mind the idea of instant cast banners on your position, that would be far more usable. The way you have the boon pulsing and duration would require you to not only be forced to take doubled standards for 50% extra boon duration, but also be at 100% boon duration from concentration to enable a full 3 seconds of boon duration, this enabling permanent boon uptime. Having to build for full boon duration to get full benefits from the banners is simply a no-go, as that would make them almost unusable on other specs, cuz I certainly don't want 1 second of 5 might. The charge system makes no sense, why even have ammunition if you can just keep them up permanently anyway? Just turn them into facets from Herald at that point. Also, I think 1200 radius is bigger than you think, you probably meant diameter.

I honestly just hope they adjust arms into total

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

How to actually "fix" banners:

Do not remove the unique effects.

Those are the only things making Warrior semi-viable for coordinated group play.

See...they've just added quickness IN ADDITION to the unique effects, but no we had to complicate things...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

See...they've just added quickness IN ADDITION to the unique effects, but no we had to complicate things...

And they'll be worse than they were on release, almost 10 years ago...

Being forced to pick Banners up again, but having no weapon abilities for them this time is just a concept that's pure failure, even on paper or whatever they write their ideas on.

Edited by Fueki.4753

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

How to actually "fix" banners:

Do not remove the unique effects.

Those are the only things making Warrior semi-viable for coordinated group play.

I disagree with this. Losing unique effects is fine as long as Anet adds something more interactive and fun to banners. Like in that reddit thread about banner rework. We don't need banners to have unique effects, we just need them to be fun, engaging and competetive with other supports as utility skills. These unique effects did not provide any fun/engagement value, they just made warrior relevant in PvE for like 10 years.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

I disagree with this. Losing unique effects is fine as long as Anet adds something more interactive and fun to banners. Like in that reddit thread about banner rework. We don't need banners to have unique effects, we just need them to be fun, engaging and competetive with other supports as utility skills. These unique effects did not provide any fun/engagement value, they just made warrior relevant in PvE for like 10 years.

It's GW2's Warrior, so your "as long as" condition automatically doesn't apply. After all, they seemingly refuse to do anything good for Warrior on principle. And thus, the unique effects were a necessity too keep Warrior semi-viable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

While I want my game to be engaging ... I don't think it's a good idea that engagement be focused on 'buffing players' instead of encounter mechanics and doing damage. Certainly it's more engaging to playing 52 pick up with banners and blow your warhorn compared to a static banner but at what point do you like ... you know, fight the mob or dodge the death ray?

That's where I think the 'non-engaged bannerslave' complaint really misses the mark. Frankly ... who cares if you place a banner for 60 seconds to give a buff? Like you didn't have something BETTER to do? Anyways, Tuesday we will see how bad this is. Hopefully, we all just misinterpreted SOMETHING and we can go back to the 'non-engaged bannerslave' team buff routine while having fun going berserk and swinging our axes.  

Hard to say how to fix banners at this point without actually playing whatever is going to happen on Tuesday, but if the quickness duration is too short considering having to take a trait and dedicate a skill slot for a banner to get it, that's the first place I would look. 

Also, if Anet is really trying to solve the 'bannerslave' problem, it's NOT without reason to think we couldn't lobby to  get a quickness stack for EACH adrenaline bar spent from Martial Cadence. After all, that's how most or all of the burst mechanic traits work ... why not this one?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1