Superspeed access should be in Acro, not in Shadow Arts

lkilian.1854

• Meld with Shadows: This trait has been reworked. Players now gain Superspeed when entering or exiting stealth.

This is an absurd change for many reasons. Not only Anet gave more utility to a traitline that already gives a lot of it and makes stealth more powerful, they forgot that thief has an entire traitline where half the traits to pick from are useless or way too weak.

It only makes sense, imo, that being superspeed a mobility effect, it would be better for build variety and balance in general that one of near useless Tier 1 major traits from Acrobatics be replaced by something that gives thief access to superspeed.

Anet repeteadly gives us proof that they have no idea about how thief works every time they make changes thinking stealth is the only thing thief has available.

Edited by lkilian.1854
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Acrobatics should have a 25% movement minor for one thing, let alone superspeed. Signet of Shadows is terrible.

This. Never understood why we don't have that in a line somewhere, although personally I'd have given trickery the 25 percent move speed (instead of preparedness, making the extra 3 ini baseline) and acro the superspeed. Acro should be about sheer mobility, trickery should be utility/QoL and SA should be stealthy & tanky but slow, no movement buffs at all. I'd also take the swiftness off of daredevil's dash too so acro has that niche and there's less redundancy between the two lines, but that might be a bit much before the dust settles on this upcoming patch. 

• Like 1

We still don't know the duration's of any of the effects that the new traits will apply, for all we know it could end up being a whopping 1 second of superspeed (total) from stealth and 1 second of protection. Traditionally these things are woefully under-tuned when first introduced rather than the other way around.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Don't worry about it.  It'll probably be nerfed to Swiftness sometime in late July.

This is so very true and unfortunate. But yes, we won’t have the superspeed forever. Community will complain that they can’t catch thieves due to stealth and SuperSpeed, and will be nerfed to swiftness. This is how anet operates.

Edited by AikijinX.6258

Would an acro trait giving projectile reflect on dodge/evade be cool or way too OP and frustrating (especially on Daredevil)? 

Because i feel like that could really spice up acrobatics, fit the fantasy and provide something unique. (as well as providing counterplay to harbinger pewpew)

The line would still need some other changes too though. 

Edited by Wulfhearth.7962

On 6/27/2022 at 11:43 AM, Wulfhearth.7962 said:

Would an acro trait giving projectile reflect on dodge/evade be cool or way too OP and frustrating (especially on Daredevil)? 

Because i feel like that could really spice up acrobatics, fit the fantasy and provide something unique. (as well as providing counterplay to harbinger pewpew)

The line would still need some other changes too though. 

Depends on cooldown. Although it would be hilarious to make rangers kill themselves by dodging rapid fire. 

1 hour ago, ASP.8093 said:

It's necessary where it is so that you can reposition for Backstabs.

Sorry if this offends.

As much as I want to pack stuff into Acro that's true, but Acro builds also need to boost positioning somehow, especially considering you'll probably be visible, in radius, or within reach mitigating hits the entire time. Acro should at least be able to get out of lanes and cones quickly to land Tactical Strike or quickness autos for a second but other trait lines kind of scooped up the good ideas, like better trajectory on base dodge is great on Drd, but that should have been and still should be an acro thing. Daredevil should be more about wacky high risk and high reward bursts and sequences.

On 6/26/2022 at 2:28 PM, Doggie.3184 said:

Acrobatics should have a 25% movement minor for one thing, let alone superspeed. Signet of Shadows is terrible.

It has swiftness on dodge.  Then it give you lots of dodges by feeding you vigor.  Does that not count?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

As much as I want to pack stuff into Acro that's true, but Acro builds also need to boost positioning somehow, especially considering you'll probably be visible, in radius, or within reach mitigating hits the entire time. Acro should at least be able to get out of lanes and cones quickly to land Tactical Strike or quickness autos for a second but other trait lines kind of scooped up the good ideas, like better trajectory on base dodge is great on Drd, but that should have been and still should be an acro thing. Daredevil should be more about wacky high risk and high reward bursts and sequences.

Id lile to see an acrobatics trait called trapese artist that gives a dodge back if dodging near an ally

56 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Id lile to see an acrobatics trait called trapese artist that gives a dodge back if dodging near an ally

That would be reasonable and in tone with current Acro having situational modifiers on traits, although that can get stifling when those parameters are lacking. I used the jump dodge as an example of good positioning potential, like Death's Retreats arch, as something that Acro should lean into because I think that approach to a fight makes more sense then trying to goad attacks to create evades.