Ele patch i heard about:

Axl.8924

Elementalist

Fiery Greatsword

• Clarified the skill fact for Lesser Fiery Eruption to indicate that each eruption can strike 6 times.
  • The tooltip for Lesser Fiery Eruption now matches the actual target cap for this skill.
  • Reduced target cap for Fiery Greatsword's Fiery Eruption and Firestorm skills to 5.

Conjure Earth Shield

• Stone Sheath: Increased cooldown from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.
  • Magnetic Surge: Increased cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only.

Air

• Zephyr's Speed: Now additionally increases critical strike chance by 5% while attuned to air.
  • Raging Storm: Increased fury duration to 4 seconds. This skill now applies to up to 5 allied targets within a range of 360. Increased internal cooldown to 8 seconds.

Staff

• Lightning Surge: Increased power coefficient from 0.91 to 1.13 in PvP and WvW.
  • Ice Spike: Increased power coefficient from 0.91 to 1.13 in PvP and WvW.
  • Geyser: Increased pulse base heal from 276 to 441 in PvP and WvW.
  • Frozen Ground: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Healing Rain: Increased number of conditions removed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.

Weaver

• Elemental Refreshment: Now affects up to 5 allies in a circle with a range of 360.

Tempest

• Lucid Singularity: This trait has been reworked. It now applies alacrity to nearby allies upon successfully completing an overload. Duration is now 6 seconds with a radius of 360.

Catalyst

• Deploy Jade Sphere (Air): The default boon applied by the sphere while in air attunement has been changed from quickness to fury in PvE only. It still provides quickness by default in PvP and WvW.
  • Deploy Jade Sphere: Damage coefficient per strike reduced from 0.668 to 0.5 in PvE only.
  • Spectacular Sphere: This trait now also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere from 240 to 360 in all game modes. In PvE only, it causes Deploy Jade Sphere in air attunement to additionally provide quickness and reduces all outgoing damage dealt by 10%.

Hammer

• Stonestrike: Damage coefficient reduced from 1.1 to 0.9 in PvE only.
  • Singeing Strike: Damage coefficient reduced from 0.9 to 0.6 in PvE only. Aftercast animation delay before repeating Singeing Strike has been reduced by 0.5 seconds.
  • Stream Strike: Damage coefficient reduced from 0.8 to 0.5 in PvE only.
  • Water Rush: Damage coefficient reduced from 1.1 to 0.5 in PvE only.
  • Chilling Crack: Damage coefficient reduced from 1.4 to 1.2 in PvE only. Aftercast animation delay before repeating Stream Strike has been reduced by 0.5 seconds.
  • Rain of Blows: Damage coefficient per hit (4 hits) increased from 0.45 to 0.5 in PvE only.
  • Sad 2

On one part i'm  kinda confused about the lucid singularity will this be enough to be competitive and be able to keep it up 100%?

The buffs to staff for support ele will have to be tested it looks to be a big buff to staff heal on ele  the rest look like buffs to staff dps  not sure if this will effect or not anything.

I don't understand what is wanted from catalyst is it meant to be only DPS? because they changed quickness to fury if  its self is it meant to be power dps for catalyst?

No changes to lava font i  see

Maybe we will be pretty decent offensive support in WVW i'd be willing to try since i do love support classes.

Edited by Axl.8924

On 6/26/2022 at 6:20 AM, Axl.8924 said:

On one part i'm  kinda confused about the lucid singularity will this be enough to be competitive and be able to keep it up 100%?

The buffs to staff for support ele will have to be tested it looks to be a big buff to staff heal on ele  the rest look like buffs to staff dps  not sure if this will effect or not anything.

I don't understand what is wanted from catalyst is it meant to be only DPS? because they changed quickness to fury if  its self is it meant to be power dps for catalyst?

No changes to lava font i  see

Maybe we will be pretty decent offensive support in WVW i'd be willing to try since i do love support classes.

No.

There are no 'big buffs' to staff.  Staff is currently garbage tier, and this does absolutely nothing to change that. 

They buffed the dps on 2 utterly irrelevant skills.  Ice spike, which is currently only used for water/ice field blast finisher, not dps, got a pointless dps buff.  

Lighting surge barely did any more dps than the lightning auto attack.  It was already ridiculously low damage, the damage buff barely changes things.

Geyser is a ridiculously small 240 radius heal field that only (base) heals for 1380 hp over 4 seconds.  Which means that in order to get that ridiculously low value heal, your ally would need to stand still in a tiny water field for 4 seconds.  No one in competitive pvp is standing still for 4 seconds to get such a low value heal.  Compare that to Guardian empower which (base) heals for 3k over 2.5 seconds to all allies with a 600 radius centered on the guardian.  Oh, and the guardian skill also grants might to allies.  Both the guardian and ele skill are on 20 second cooldowns.  The 'buff' to geyser takes it from a kitten tier skill to a kitten tier skill.

Frozen ground CD reduction is pathetic.  I don't even know what the point of it was.

The healing rain buff is literally the only meaningful buff to staff.  And it is nowhere near enough to make staff anywhere near 'viable'.

The only things these 'buffs' accomplish is to highlight how utterly clueless the balance devs are.

Edited by thepolishman.2348
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Are we all ignoring the raging storm nerf? before there was just a 1sec gap between having fury and and the ICD (2secs of fury, 3 secs ICD). now that's a 4 secs of fury but 8 secs of  ICD??? Yea let me land a kittening crit so my team can get some fury every 4 secs... That's a very reliable way to support my team *facepalm*.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zeesh.7286 said:

Are we all ignoring the raging storm nerf? before there was just a 1sec gap between having fury and and the ICD (2secs of fury, 3 secs ICD). now that's a 4 secs of fury but 8 secs of  ICD??? Yea let me land a kittening crit so my team can get some fury every 4 secs... That's a very reliable way to support my team *facepalm*.

actually that will really hurt power eles, in order to keep fury uptime in competitive modes we are forced to take arcane traitline no matter the option.

• Like 2

Was anet trying to just destroy ele? like really some of the pvp/WVW might be useful "MIGHT" being the word but most of the changes are just nerfs from what it looks like to me.

Why did they touch FGS someone brought up and he/She is right

Overall the ele changes are kinda disappointing me as a ele main i was hoping for some positives.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kapenike.6793 said:

There is no way Anet would give up so hard that they just say, if you give boon you do less damage. If thats actually their solution im going to laugh so hard. 

Yeap, thats a good old middle finger to all of the OW solo builds that used 3/3/3 for catalyst. But hey, top 0.1% of elite will now do less dps!

20 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

No.

There are no 'big buffs' to staff.  Staff is currently garbage tier, and this does absolutely nothing to change that. 

They buffed the dps on 2 utterly irrelevant skills.  Ice spike, which is currently only used for water/ice field blast finisher, not dps, got a pointless dps buff.  

Lighting surge barely did any more dps than the lightning auto attack.  It was already ridiculously low damage, the damage buff barely changes things.

Geyser is a ridiculously small 240 radius heal field that only (base) heals for 1380 hp over 4 seconds.  Which means that in order to get that ridiculously low value heal, your ally would need to stand still in a tiny water field for 4 seconds.  No one in competitive pvp is standing still for 4 seconds to get such a low value heal.  Compare that to Guardian empower which (base) heals for 3k over 2.5 seconds to all allies with a 600 radius centered on the guardian.  Oh, and the guardian skill also grants might to allies.  Both the guardian and ele skill are on 20 second cooldowns.  The 'buff' to geyser takes it from a kitten tier skill to a kitten tier skill.

Frozen ground CD reduction is pathetic.  I don't even know what the point of it was.

The healing rain buff is literally the only meaningful buff to staff.  And it is nowhere near enough to make staff anywhere near 'viable'.

The only things these 'buffs' accomplish is to highlight how utterly clueless the balance devs are.

Not only that, but they buffed them only in PVP, when staff needs just as much if not more help in PVE where it's pretty much unplayable outside of zerg content. Water, Air, and Earth all need dramatic overhauls to their #1 skills and miscellaneous changes to other skills to make them more generally useful. 

Conjure weapons are still bad which is silly since they are needed to compensate for the limitations of not having weapon swap. I.e. being locked in melee range at all times. 

Edited by Einlanzer.1627