Druid is about to be relevant again, but this white-tiger bug needs to be fixed for playability.

Ranys.4028

Right after switching pets, the white tiger sleeps about 5 seconds before it accepts the your command to start it's aegis roar.

This pet was exciting for ranger players, but together with 1 second cast time and this bug, it's pretty much unusable.

• Confused 1

Thank you for pointing that out. I only noticed it on tiger. Tested it a bit more and I encounter it on the Wallow and Phoenix too.
It doesn't happen on Siege Turtle for me, that one reacts immediately, though that might have to do with the fact that it is instant cast.

I don't see how one Aegis application every 30 seconds can make the Druid relevant now. I would say with the changes to spirits the druid will be even more irrelevant now because you won't need a druid for their unique buffs. I would say a ranger in general is not needed in any gamemode.

Expected as it seems none of the devs play with ranger and they get their feedback from some high level players whom may hate the class as many are very open about it.  I can see why all this extremely low quality balances have been sinking every single ranger elite during all this years. 

• Like 4

Druid is not gonna be competitive in PvE anymore. Many other professions that can give Alacrity, Support AND Damage.

Watch Soulbeast being the Alacrity pick over Druid. Actually, it's gonna happen. 

Ranger is depression. 

Edited by Krispera.5087
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Krispera.5087 said:

Druid is not gonna be competitive in PvE anymore. Many other professions that can give Alacrity, Support AND Damage.

Watch Soulbeast being the Alacrity pick over Druid. Actually, it's gonna happen. 

Ranger is depression. 

I don't think soulbeast will be, I unironically think Untamed will be.

Fervent Force is such a broken trait that is only balanced by the fact that Untamed (and a lot of core) is otherwise garbage. Easy alacrity without investment, and taking Nature Magic only results in about a ~1k DPS loss from what I know, talking with some of the more publicly active smart players in a SC public discord. This combined with Fervent Force means you only need 2 spirits (water and elite mean you lose no DPS) to keep up alacrity and can still provide DPS (or even more boons with different spirits). There's even a kind of memey kind of viable heal Untamed in the works (same concept, just healing oriented. Spam water spirit+elite spirit for alac, healing, and res, other spirits for other boons).

Such a bad spec only being good because of one absolutely broken strong trait. And even then it's not even THAT good.

5 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

I don't think soulbeast will be, I unironically think Untamed will be.

Fervent Force is such a broken trait that is only balanced by the fact that Untamed (and a lot of core) is otherwise garbage. Easy alacrity without investment, and taking Nature Magic only results in about a ~1k DPS loss from what I know, talking with some of the more publicly active smart players in a SC public discord. This combined with Fervent Force means you only need 2 spirits (water and elite mean you lose no DPS) to keep up alacrity and can still provide DPS (or even more boons with different spirits). There's even a kind of memey kind of viable heal Untamed in the works (same concept, just healing oriented. Spam water spirit+elite spirit for alac, healing, and res, other spirits for other boons).

Such a bad spec only being good because of one absolutely broken strong trait. And even then it's not even THAT good.

I do think storm spirit have more synergy since it's active, call lightning, daze. Now, if the damage of this skill could scale on the ranger's stats...

12 hours ago, Ranys.4028 said:

Thank you for pointing that out. I only noticed it on tiger. Tested it a bit more and I encounter it on the Wallow and Phoenix too.
It doesn't happen on Siege Turtle for me, that one reacts immediately, though that might have to do with the fact that it is instant cast.

Siege Turtle sadly also suffer from this bug. EoD pets also suffer from poor UI (Not showing the tooltip on beast skills if you pick the beastmaster traits that make it blind, traunt ect.). They also suffer from random kitten like Turtle's beast skill not getting it's CD reduced from the  beastmaster trait that reduce it.

Like in general EoD pets super buggy, which is a shame, cause they are interesting, in special the siege turtle 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I do think storm spirit have more synergy since it's active, call lightning, daze. Now, if the damage of this skill could scale on the ranger's stats...

The reason why you don't immediately take Storm Spirit is because you already have a good damaging CC in Exploding Spores that does scale off your stats. Helps your damage more. If you somehow need fury uptime you could take it, though.