Instead of Lucid Singularity, change Invigorating Torrents instead

Sunshine.5014

New Invigorating Torrents:
- Aura Grants Regeneration and Alacrity.

This opens up a lot of build flexibility. Give Ele something to compete with Mechanist. Right now there is zero reason to bring a squishy Ele (that can't even CC without losing team heal) over a Mechanist.

• Like 10

I would also be in favor of moving alacrity to "Invigorating Torrents" as it indeed would bring build flexibility, allowing tempest to be run both in damage and healing variations. Also for competitive game modes pvp and wvw taking the trait for alacrity would loose you Harmonious Conduit providing stability on your overloads. I belive this to be reasonable trade off to prevent power creep in pvp and wvw but allowing fun and effective way of playing the tempest in pve. I might be wrong for wvw balance in zerg play as stability is likely provided by other sources but for pvp should be reasonable. There might be better choices in bringing alacrity to tempest in a balanced way but this seems reasonable.

If the shouts and auras providing alacrity at 600 range is an issue perhaps there would be Ally Boon Radius: of 360 around the tempest similar to "Chaos Vortex" upon creating an aura that would only give the alacrity to allies whitin the 360 radius. This might cause problems in the way tempest is providing alacrity to a different player in the squad but an aura to another if someone in the party is outside the intended distance.

Just spit balling ideas and hopes.

• Like 1

I would rather Unstable Conduit be updated to give auras to allies on overload, then have Lucid Singularity give alacrity with auras. That way it could be given either with shouts or overloads, which would be more flexible for tempest healers and it wouldn't force dps to take the water aura share line. Both already lose out on their preferred grandmaster, and for wvw you'd also lose out on Gale Song, the instant stun break. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is a good point having to run water on a dps build to enable aura share would indeed be a painful dip on dps potential. Perhaps alacrity could indeed be here instead: Unstable Conduit and if need be have those pvp, wvw and pve splits on the duration of alacrity or even absence of it like done for some other strong boons in the game.

• Like 1