If you Were Anet (warning Critical Thinking Required)

Pimsley.3681

Yes I've quit the game for a while now, play a few min here but not like before, the patches felt the sustainability were sacrificed . To answer the OP...my strategy is do to NEITHER options. If I had an executive C-suite position, first thing I'd do is analyze and kitten the performance of the people in charge - then go from there. 

On 6/27/2022 at 5:45 PM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

There's a discord that exists somewhere in the metaverse in which; during the witching hour, the elite and former elite gather to talk balance directly to Anet.

Dr Strange and the multiverse pt 2

Travels to the metaverse where the discord exists

Does battle with RNGesus to reverse the randomly generated balance changes made in the 6/28/2022 patch

~ Someone call Marvel Studios, this is golden

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2022 at 4:17 AM, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

Legit the only good thing they did since I started playing this game was removing retaliation and nerfing resistance, other then this every single implemented change was either net even or dog kitten.

Though even those changes were almost exclusively find-replace, without care of how (or whether) existing skills are balanced.

• Like 2

If I were A-net I would STOP selling expac base on Professionals.İts clear A-net doesn't care balance.And when you look at history of Guild Wars 2.New Professionals always outshine their older ones..İts quite pay to meta and I absolute hate it.I would release to new expaction base on new lore and add new achievements and activities to old maps New races for make new characters.

Also another thing late game of this game giving me hollow feeling of progression getting more and more shiny things.But after a while getting shiny become boring too.Gw 2's lacking thing is lack of excitement.Constant grind for specific thing and when you complete it you don't feel happiness you feel relief for not have to do same thing every day.And in other mmo even in regular grind you can find a good item from low level mob gives you excitement.Push you to grind same mob over again and again.I would include that . 

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Like 3

If I was arenanet i would invest more in promoting the game. It is clear that according to their calculations focusing on skills content and endgame/pvp is not a priority. What matters is to make people buy expansions and buy gems. Unfortunately, both of the options you presented are irrelevant, tho I’m sure they will promise us they do the option 2.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Carnage.6751 said:

If I were A-net I would STOP selling expac base on Professionals.İts clear A-net doesn't care balance.And when you look at history of Guild Wars 2.New Professionals always outshine their older ones..İts quite pay to meta and I absolute hate it.I would release to new expaction base on new lore and add new achievements and activities to old maps New races for make new characters.

Also another thing late game of this game giving me hollow feeling of progression getting more and more shiny things.But after a while getting shiny become boring too.Gw 2's lacking thing is lack of excitement.Constant grind for specific thing and when you complete it you don't feel happiness you feel relief for not have to do same thing every day.And in other mmo even in regular grind you can find a good item from low level mob gives you excitement.Push you to grind same mob over again and again.I would include that . 

More and more elite specs just seems like a bad idea.

Coming full circle already with this homogenized hot mess, it can't end well.

I don't think they should do any more spec work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I can not answer these "if I were a dev" kind of questions since like... mid 2020. Nothing they are doing makes sense in the last few years. Literally nothing. The first somewhat sensible thing was how they released a 24 hour "hotfix-patch" after the 28th.... and even that was a bad thing if you look at the big picture:

14 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i don't understand how so many people seem to think they have any power in how anet balances the game. you are powerless, accept it and move on.

Ehm... they do. The mob just got its way. The civilised approach sure failed over the last 3 years, but destroying the games online spaces with negativity, spam and d**th-thr**ts seem to work. Now they only did promise a fraction of the changes we wanted but... nothing prevents the people who went goblin-mode over the patch to do it again. Which of course I disavow but... a-net you are literally training people to go ape**** to get what they want. 

• Like 3

Imagine if the Arenanet design team somehow was the God tier devs of this reality's balance.

Every 3 months our reality gets a balance patch:

"Our goal was to normalize the standardization of your life"

1. Cats nerfed
  2. Dogs can now fly
  3. We felt that breathing was too easy so we lowered the earth's oxygen coefficient by .15
  4. Everyone's mom now pulses alacrity
  5. Raised paper cut damage coefficient from .01 to .1, paper cuts now blind you
  6. Increased spawn rate of Bigfoot
  7. Total Genetic Makeover kits now available for purchase at all local churches & temples
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Dr Strange and the multiverse pt 2

Travels to the metaverse where the discord exists

Does battle with RNGesus to reverse the randomly generated balance changes made in the 6/28/2022 patch

Well that's just the everyday struggle with a bit of magical realism sprinkled on top, that.

I've even seen like 5 different Dr. Stranges in the PvP lobby.

The point being we are all of us; in a sense, Dr. Strange. One day I hope to infiltrate this discord, turn on my webcam, and Get Griddy on the balance developer(s?) and the corrupt conglomerate of former wintraders and influencers they've chosen to shadow balance their game.

Granted... I don't play American football, but I have been practicing my Fortnite dances IRL for the day CmC finally speaks.

• Like 2

If I were anet, you wouldn't be playing gw2.  You wouldn't actually like engaging combat anyway, though.  You aren't built to handle it.  You just want numbers to go up and down.  You have no idea what really defines organic player interaction if your universe generally orbits around GW2.

• Like 2

Not to discredit any of the criticism players had to the recent balance patch. Their arguments are valid and ArenaNet heard you and will take the feedback in consideration in future patches.

Having said this: I don't want the balance patch to be reverted because doing so would delay releases of other parts of the game. Besides, that. Guild Wars 2 professions/specs/builds will never be balanced. There always will be tweaks here and there, things in the meta and out of the meta and complaints about the flavor of the season. Stick with it for now and wait for future balance patches to change things again.

And if certain builds are overpowered: Join them if you can't beat them.

For me, personally. I just play DPS tempest. Not much changed for my build and I could not care less about what is in the current meta or not. My build was quite underpowered for years but I got some lovely buffs over the years so I'm happy. I still get destroyed by builds that are overpowered and more precisely: Players that outskill me. But I'm happy. I still get my rewards and you can't always win.

• Like 1

I like this thread and the comments made. Thanks for keeping it all friendly and civilized guys. PvP community so small now, best to be nice to each other practice both inclusion of newer players and solidarity amongst veterans. 

To answer the OP again, I chose None of your options though they were well thought of. 

• Like 1