We don't give explanations for changes because it's too much work to localize for all markets....

Gibson.4036

Eh, i'd rather get roadmap based communication than have them waste time playing apologetics with things they're doing to surly players, so I don't really have an issue with this. Now, I'll freely admit that sometimes *I'm* a surly player and they do lots of things that don't make much sense to me, but I'm fine with (mostly) passive consumption of players' views and considering them as part of their decision making process rather than waste time engaging in apologetics about minutiae that everyone is going to have their own opinions about.  

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Einlanzer.1627 said:

Eh, i'd rather get roadmap based communication than have them waste time playing apologetics with things they're doing to surly players, so I don't really have an issue with this. Now, I'll freely admit that sometimes *I'm* a surly player and they do lots of things that don't make much sense to me, but I'd rather they just passively read what my posts on the thread and consider them as part of their decision making process than waste time engaging in apologetics with me.  

Trying to defend against surly players is definitely an infinite time sink, and not worth engaging in.

But "Here's what we think these changes are going to do, and why we're doing them" is something that does sporadically appear, and grounds feedback in "Change C isn't doing what you thought it would" or "I don't agree with your goal, but Change C is doing what you'd said it'd do". That's a better foundation for confersation instead of "Change C sucks OMG!!!!" or "What in the world was Change C about?"

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

Trying to defend against surly players is definitely an infinite time sink, and not worth engaging in.

But "Here's what we think these changes are going to do, and why we're doing them" is something that does sporadically appear, and grounds feedback in "Change C isn't doing what you thought it would" or "I don't agree with your goal, but Change C is doing what you'd said it'd do". Tha's a better foundation for confersation instead of "Change C sucks OMG!!!!" or "What in the world was Change C about?"

That's fair, yeah. I just think a lot of the time these things become a pandora's box. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Einlanzer.1627 said:

Eh, i'd rather get roadmap based communication than have them waste time playing apologetics with things they're doing to surly players, so I don't really have an issue with this. Now, I'll freely admit that sometimes *I'm* a surly player and they do lots of things that don't make much sense to me, but I'm fine with (mostly) passive consumption of players' views and considering them as part of their decision making process rather than waste time engaging in apologetics about minutiae that everyone is going to have their own opinions about.  

By looking how much work they have done since the expansion release until now for this balance patch... a roadmap is a water paper thing if balance is involved. They can give  players a whole year roadmap with the name of the things they will update/change in each one and then release them with some random numbers changed,  some boon added or removed here and there and that is all, like in the upcoming balance patch.

It's on them if they want to change how much they value the balance in the game and how they work on it, hopefully in a professional and competent manner. That is the most important, then if they publish a roadmap, well, you will know the dates in which you could feel happy or disappointed. But nothing more. Don't expect details of specific changes they'll do to each thing of the list because, obviously, they won't.

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Sad 1

I would rather have honest justifications than the pr spin.  Like saying mirage staff is being buff because i hate how disorienting mirage axe is. Or i dislike how engi kits work, so I made mech signets OP. Honesty over pr spin will always be better when the truth eventually comes out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1