Follow up to the June 28 Balance Update Preview

Josh Davis.7865

1 minute ago, Storub.5907 said:

Choosing to release the update anyway, even with the level of feedback given, does no inspire confidence.

We will be stuck with these changes for at least 4 months, making several classes unplayable, Guardian and Engineer dominating PvE yet again.

I have see such an approach ("release on time and kitten the consequences") in a game before.

That game is dead now.

Lmao, this game will far from be dead, just stop.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 21

Appreciate you going on detail to talk about that there was some intent behind the changes and a phoilosophy, however, i dont care much about thatb because it was obvious. What i care about is obviously bad or barely thought out changes being shipped tmrw  and that nothing was done about that. Lots of builds will be worse off needlessly or miserable for weeks. DO BETTER.

• Like 22
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I wish Anet would stop apologizing and just do it right the first time. It isn’t that hard to communicate effectively. This post is a great example of good communication. Too bad you are wasting time writing an apology than just doing the notes correctly the first time.  What really chafes is that Anet has told us multiple times over the years ‘we are going to communicate better’ and yet, here they are apologizing for not doing that, yet again. 

It was a BAD IDEA on their part to release the notes without the explanation (they should know better!!!!) and on the Friday but there isn't a point in doing it so close to patch day so ... hopefully it doesn't happen again. I would rather see NO preview than the preview without explanation. IF anything, if something MUST be released, it's the explanation and not the actual changes. 

On the flip side, lots of people need to bring their 'mature' game forward. Death threats? Wow, those people should just be outright banned TBH. If that's not worthy of it ... not much is.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

It should be clear, you need a public test server where changes can be assessed by players in real time and you can gather more accurate results with monitoring. Show us the results of this testing and how it influenced your future balance patches. Let our voices actually be heard cause it still feels like we're ignored. 

I wish the devs all well, im sure this is a rough time. Thanks for your communication with us.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Finally, I’d like to thank those of you who have approached this discussion in a civil manner. To those that have chosen extreme toxicity, called for developers to be fired, or sent death threats–you're not welcome in our community.

This is the only thing in the whole post that i can relate and agree with. 
The rest is just fluff and - "enjoy tomorrows patch and see you mid fall". 

• Like 31
  • Sad 1

While I appreciate the post, this doesn't solve the issues the balance patch will create.

And it's fair if you want to address balance step by step until we get to a very good state across professions, but the reality is that you have a couple of specs that are too good for the game right now - Engineer, Necromancer and Guardian. No matter which changes you make with the intent of having an effect in your "balance philosophy" 6 months from now on, the result will be the same: why should I bother with X class when there's 3 specs that pretty much cover the same role/function in a much easier and more effective way?

Looking at the changes announced Friday, many don't make kittening sense, just look at warrior's. But the irony of this patch, that supposedly you're making to open way to more class diversity and accessibility, will cause the opposite effect: the usual suspects will have their position strengthened and the rest will see less play because changes made them worse.

For me personally, this just puts me in a position where I won't even bother with group content, as I know I'll be declined. 

Edited by Everwyn.8537
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Finally, I’d like to thank those of you who have approached this discussion in a civil manner. To those that have chosen extreme toxicity, called for developers to be fired, or sent death threats–you're not welcome in our community.

I don't normally post on these forums but this time I just want to thank you so much for saying this. It was extremely disheartening to see the absolute vitriol a part of the community was throwing at a certain dev, pulling their messages out of context to make them look incompetent or even malicious, while if you read the full conversation it is obvious this person cares very much about the game and is a driving force behind a lot of positive changes as well. It is great to see ANet leadership going out of their way to support their devs in the face of this hate mob.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 34