anvil buff

Plz plz no more of those UI clutter buffs

Food buff utility buff guild buff jade station offense defense buffs enough is enough. 

That Anvil is another thing i feel forced to go now like a daily log in (ppl jump out of the woods if u dont like it just ignore it)

sadly game is balanced with all those buffs in mind and in a game world where ppl ask for experience player only after a strike mission is 2 days old i am forced to touch that anvil to play with the cool kids

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Plz plz no more of those UI clutter buffs

Atleast update the UI a bit so that boons/conditions/buffs each get their own row instead of being mixed into one long row that dissapears behind my minimap... how hard can it be?

Edited by Scratchpaw.1069
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I must say, even though I have the infinite canister myself, I'm also against more temporary buffs.

The amount of stuff you need to remember to apply before you can start playing is getting ridiculous.

I don't even bother with the utility buff at the moment, and if it weren't for the cake (and generously placed Ascended platters), I would probably not use food buffs either.

But I'm one of those players who never uses potions or scrolls in traditional CRPGs.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

Atleast update the UI a bit so that boons/conditions/buffs each get their own row instead of being mixed into one long row that dissapears behind my minimap... how hard can it be?

Good god, please!

Better yet, find a way to have each buff+boon appear in a set position on the UI. Maybe illuminated/changed colours or whatever when active and when not active.

Trying to read the tooltip for a unique buff/debuff is an exercise in frustration. Bounty bosses, for example. Because boons and conditions are applied and expire so ridiculously offten in a given fight, it makes every icon jump around so you can't get your mouse on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Boon/buff bloat.  There are so many it's just a clutter fudgey of chaos during combat.  Sometimes I would genuinely like to know what that was before it gets lost in all the tiny icons. Also yeh I feel like I'll forget about it, unless it's like the guild perk buff and permanent until I change it.

• Like 3

I really want to know why they went about with this change. Who was exactly complaining about armor repair being tedious? The OP is right, the number of buffs that are being added to the game is becoming ridiculous. If anything is tedious it is managing the inventory. Talk about priorities!  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

And the fact that players with the Endless Repair Cannister now have, basically, a permanent buff. Isn't that P2W?

What permanent buff? I did NOT buy this nor do I want it, I want my money back Anet. This buff thing is a rip off. Can't even sell my " what once was repair canister". You get 1k health and 15 armor, if that's what u are envy about then man don't know what to tell you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

And the fact that players with the Endless Repair Cannister now have, basically, a permanent buff. Isn't that P2W?

You can get the buff from any anvil for free. It's not paywalled. You can also buy the infinite repair canister outright with gold (although it's now inflated). 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You can get the buff from any anvil for free. It's not paywalled. You can also buy the infinite repair canister outright with gold (although it's now inflated). 

That's what I mean. So, in the heat of a WvW battle, a guy with the Endless Repair Canister can constantly pop that buff. While mere mortals have to get to a keep/tower with an anvil. Regardless of how small the buff is. It's still a buff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Black Canary.4238 said:

What permanent buff? I did NOT buy this nor do I want it, I want my money back Anet. This buff thing is a rip off. Can't even sell my " what once was repair canister". You get 1k health and 15 armor, if that's what u are envy about then man don't know what to tell you.

"envy"...what "envy"? It's just an endless buff, regardless of how small. Though, it does seem ridiculous that Anet would not refund you the gold you spent getting it. Though, I have to ask, how often did your armor get damaged that you needed to use a canister to repair?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, misterman.1530 said:

That's what I mean. So, in the heat of a WvW battle, a guy with the Endless Repair Canister can constantly pop that buff. While mere mortals have to get to a keep/tower with an anvil. Regardless of how small the buff is. It's still a buff.

If you wanna go to war over a 1% buff to armor/vitality (based on the numbers report from another thread) go for it. I'm not PR. Seems kinda insignificant to build a case around though. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, misterman.1530 said:

"envy"...what "envy"? It's just an endless buff, regardless of how small. Though, it does seem ridiculous that Anet would not refund you the gold you spent getting it. Though, I have to ask, how often did your armor get damaged that you needed to use a canister to repair?

Well I bought it mainly for halloween since there is no anvil xD but it served purpose in raids, stories etc. Was lazy to run to anvil all the time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

If you wanna go to war over a 1% buff to armor/vitality (based on the numbers report from another thread) go for it. I'm not PR. Seems kinda insignificant to build a case around though. 

Sigh. Who's going to war? Just pointing out that the buff can be endless for people with the gold. Frankly, I could not care less about it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

But it's a 12 hour buff and there are repair guys at each spawn point in WvW why would you need to constantly pop it? Does it go away when defeated?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

But it's a 12 hour buff and there are repair guys at each spawn point in WvW why would you need to constantly pop it? Does it go away when defeated?

It's a persistent 12 hour buff that's pretty miniscule.  Any complaining about it is not justified and just white noise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Not sure. Good question. I thought the Anvils were gone from WvW - they have a different Icon now, so I missed it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Not sure. Good question. I thought the Anvils were gone from WvW - they have a different Icon now, so I missed it.

Yeah, they are asura called "Arcane Eye Agent [Reinforce Armor]" and have a little helmet icon on the map.

19 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

The buff increased my armor by 9 and my health by 160 in WvW. 

The buff is so tiny you will never notice it. 

It's irrelevant. 

Also the buff lasts 12h. That's multiple days on gameplay for many people. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

Someone who's longer than 12h in WvW without leaving has probably other problems...

• Like 3