Core ranger pet cooldown

The Game Slayer.7632

25 minutes ago, Erkki.9145 said:

In PvP pet usually dies in a blink of an eye in larger fights, so removing the 60 secs penalty is the least they should do...

In pvp if the pet dies in a larger fight then them being back 20s later changes nothing.
They will just evaporate as soon as you swap them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

In pvp if the pet dies in a larger fight then them being back 20s later changes nothing.
They will just evaporate as soon as you swap them.

At least we'd get our profession mechanic back and have a chance at doing something with it every 20s instead of every 60s. Ranger in wvw I feel would improve at least a little if our f1-f4 wasn't essentially a liability to groups.

• Like 3

There are traits that affect pet swapping (gives boons, superspeed, quickness) and a pet is actually nice to have at any times unless you're a soulbeast...

I get that if the pet was actually strong and though then I understand the longer cooldown after dying, but at the moment it is not. So the pet cooldown after dying should not be 60 secs.

Edited by Erkki.9145
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Erkki.9145 said:

There are traits that affect pet swapping (gives boons, superspeed, quickness) and a pet is actually nice to have at any times unless you're a soulbeast...

I get that if the pet was actually strong and though then I understand the longer cooldown after dying, but at the moment it is not. So the pet cooldown after dying should not be 60 secs.

This. So much this. There are several traits/skills that proc on pet swap.. Even if the pet instantly dies again, I will at the very least have access to some of the traits again.

Furthermore, is there any real reason why it needs to be 60s? Answer: No. Not in the slightest. In fact, swapping right before the pet dies feels like a work-around for a 'bug', despite it actually not being a bug and simply being a 10 year old outdated mechanic.

Edited by The Game Slayer.7632
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1