Raids

All good if they want to improve the raiding experience.

But abandoning/mangling other game modes to achieve that? Gets a pass from me. I'm not gonna switch to raids cause the content I like has not been touched in a few years; if I want to raid I'll play a game with solid raids. Not a game that has a track record for introducing instanced content and abandoning it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There haven't been any new raids in a few years, and as far as I know they haven't had any updates except occasional bug fixes. The upcoming buff to help new raiders probably didn't take a lot of work, since functionally it is just a buff, so I doubt it's taking time away from other areas of the game.

• Like 4

Hope Guild Wars 2 stops focusing on PvP as I'm never going to play it (raids are way more interesting  and a good bunch of them are soloable too) 

Love Guild Wars 2 but only as part of a group that achieves things together rather than spending hours on my own

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

There haven't been any new raids in a few years

While this is true, a lot of things in the game recently have been made to drive people towards playing raids, the most obvious of which being Strikes, which are raid-like encounters, just extracted from the rest of a raid's "filler".

Personally, I'm not a fan of repeating instanced content over and over in order to get rewards. It strikes me as being a cheap way to expand a game's longevity, and I get bored after playing the same instance only a few times in quick succession.

This is even true of Fractals, as the amount you have to do them to get anything actually decent out of them ensures you will have rinsed every last ounce of enjoyment from them long before you reach your goal.

But that seems to have been ANet's design principle since introducing titles in GW1.

The game's at it's best in the open world with players randomly coming together to overcome things.

It feels a lot more organic, and increases variety.

I lead a fantastic Drakkar run the other day which came down to the last 6 seconds, and the jubilation and sense of achievement from everyone was palpable.

Similarly, myself and 2 others managed to beat the Wyvern Patriarch in Verdant brink, and it felt great, and again, organic. I started the fight on myself, didn't even pop my tag, and a couple of other nutters joined in.

To me, these experiences are way more cool than instanced content that plays out the same every time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The upcoming buff to help new raiders probably didn't take a lot of work, since functionally it is just a buff, so I doubt it's taking time away from other areas of the game.

The whole boon rework was aimed for instanced content. Almost all of the hyped balance patch is actually for pve instanced content, to allow for more relaxed group compositions in 10 player content (instances). Or at least to me its hard to interpret it in any other way...

There were a few tweaks for spvp/wvw and one weapon rework (maybe two, if I missed something). No zerg fighter in wvw is going "wohoo, more boons" and in spvp you have different goals. The boon rework is at most harmful for wvw and maybe some spec grants a bit of quickness for team fights in spvp (considering not touching harbringer... "awesome" improvement).

And if a dev lead says it will be hard to stop the patch rollout, I assume enough work went into it. Assuming that the statement is true, ofc..

Though yeah, as far as the new raid "buff" goes it does look low effort (ofc you never know the spaghetti so maybe it was a respectable amount of work). WoW had like 4 raid difficulties last time I saw, raid finder, normal, heroic, mythic? Each easier mode having easier mechanics and being less strict on dps/tanking/healing roles... Basically each mode being balanced separately and with different loot.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

While this is true, a lot of things in the game recently have been made to drive people towards playing raids, the most obvious of which being Strikes, which are raid-like encounters, just extracted from the rest of a raid's "filler".

Personally, I'm not a fan of repeating instanced content over and over in order to get rewards. It strikes me as being a cheap way to expand a game's longevity, and I get bored after playing the same instance only a few times in quick succession.

This is even true of Fractals, as the amount you have to do them to get anything actually decent out of them ensures you will have rinsed every last ounce of enjoyment from them long before you reach your goal.

But that seems to have been ANet's design principle since introducing titles in GW1.

The game's at it's best in the open world with players randomly coming together to overcome things.

It feels a lot more organic, and increases variety.

I lead a fantastic Drakkar run the other day which came down to the last 6 seconds, and the jubilation and sense of achievement from everyone was palpable.

Similarly, myself and 2 others managed to beat the Wyvern Patriarch in Verdant brink, and it felt great, and again, organic. I started the fight on myself, didn't even pop my tag, and a couple of other nutters joined in.

To me, these experiences are way more cool than instanced content that plays out the same every time.

Great summary of how I feel about grinding out instanced content.  Been there, done that in WoW for many years.  It was refreshing to discover GW2, it's beautiful open world content, and that gear was available in all modes of play, not just by raiding (no issue with skins being exclusive to raids, pvp, etc).  

Sure raids need some love.  The fractal fans are annoyed that there haven't been any new ones.  The PvP and WvW community are irked.  Perhaps too many things going in too many directions.  With the push to get people into strikes (yep, did my mandatory one for siege turtle and it was ok but nothing super exciting to me) and raids, it feels like a very forced shift.  It feels like they can just glue on a raid to the picture instead of taking the time to world build and make rich, vital maps with active events and fun metas.  

To each their own, just not interested in more instanced content.  I do hope it's just to get some new activity in raids and not to take away from other parts of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"I don't like raids so I hope they stop focussing on them" I don't like PvP, should I hope they stop focussing on it? No, I shouldn't, because other people do enjoy PvP and it does not take away from my enjoyment of the game.

We haven't had a new raid in YEARS, and the new "update" is only making raids more accessible to people new to raids, or that want to get into raids.

It's fine that *you* don't like them, go play the content you do enjoy. You don't get to just make them focus on the content *you* like and ignore other content.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

"I don't like raids so I hope they stop focussing on them" I don't like PvP, should I hope they stop focussing on it? No, I shouldn't, because other people do enjoy PvP and it does not take away from my enjoyment of the game.

We haven't had a new raid in YEARS, and the new "update" is only making raids more accessible to people new to raids, or that want to get into raids.

It's fine that *you* don't like them, go play the content you do enjoy. You don't get to just make them focus on the content *you* like and ignore other content.

I agree that raids and other content need some work and some new content.  I think what a lot of people feel is that it's being pushed heavily and they're trying to get a feel for if this is the direction the game is going.  That may not be what they were looking for, and don't care to invest more time in playing if that's the future.

I doubt that it is, I think it's some updates for raiding and assume there have been enough players wanting an easier way to get into raids.  I hope it achieves that.  They increased their strike mission players by requiring it for a mount and then have said look players like this!  No, they wanted the mount.  Some probably stayed, some did not... much like requiring different game play for legendaries.  Maybe you learn to love WvW, maybe you do the bare minimum and flee. 

Should that mean no new updates for something I don't play.... absolutely not.  Raids should have more content.  Fractals should have more.  What percentage of players actually want more raids though? Genuinely curious.  Not those on forums or social media, but actual active accounts.  What content do people really want, not just the players who never leave the PvP lobby or the raid lobby....or even the ones who have never tried anything and are running around in all greens from level 45?

• Like 1

You are in luck, Sansar. Arenanet already stopped working in raids long ago.

But you also are in misfortune, because Arenanet stopped working on fractals as well. As far as I know, Sunqua Peak still has that wind phase bug on the final boss that makes it impossible to complete the instance.

And no, I don't count that new ramping up numbers buff in raids as "focussing on raids". To me, it's a half-baked attempt to get more player participation for next to no developer effort at best.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Hope Guild Wars 2 stopp focusing on Raids as i never going to play them ( fractals where\is way more inntresting  and a good bunch of them is soloable too) 

Love Guild Wars 2 but only as solo play in pve or smal scale in wvw

Hope Guild Wars 2 start focusing on Raids more as I really enjoy this content. (Fractals are less interesting and sadle a good bunch of them is soloable too and this is online game)

Love Guild Wars 2 but only as group play in pve or solo roamer in wvw.

• Like 4

Hope Guild Wars 2 start focusing on Fishing  more as I really "enjoy" this content. (Fractals/Raids/WvW/PvP are less interesting and sadly a good bunch of them is soloable too and this is online game)

Love Guild Wars 2 but only as solo fisher in pve.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 4:43 AM, Sansar.1302 said:

Hope Guild Wars 2 stopp focusing on Raids as i never going to play them ( fractals where\is way more inntresting  and a good bunch of them is soloable too) 

Love Guild Wars 2 but only as solo play in pve or smal scale in wvw

Umm whats this focus on raids you speak of? LOL they have abandoned them. The last raid wing was released in june of 2019. I wish they would have made a cantha raid, but noooo they focused on strikes and thats a shambles. Its not too late to add a Canthan wing anet

• Haha 1

Wish GW2 would focus on something. 😅

But yeah, in reality I don't think raids are focused on at all. Strikes are not raids...they are something else that are "raid-like". Fractals, the last new fractal was released after the latest raid wing.

I like fractals, raids, wvw, and even some pvp. I wish all of them had more focus. lol Fractals and raids are awesome because they can transport you to places like space, back-in-time, the underworld, the instide of the mystic forge. Creativity isn't bound by normal open world conventions.

Don't get me wrong I also like open world, but that's usually the kind of content that is focused on if anything. So that's fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1