New banners are a disgusting joke

Zsoak.5409

I swear this feels intentional. I refuse to believe anet messed it up so incredibly bad, gave it the go ahead to go to patch and didn't catch that its this incredibly garbage. I feel like there is actual malice in this patch. 

Meanwhile mechanist is playing with its new machine gun. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

All i wonder about is what were they smoking.. 

At this point i think they really humiliated themselves. To go live with such an update?  I'd be embarrassed to even expose my company in that way and show how incompetent my employees truly are. And even if it will be fixed in a few weeks still it will be such an unforgettable moment that you can't really "damage control" it anymore. I bet they'll try to polish up those "design notes" and share a beautiful post of their future vision and explain why they did such changes...i can't wait for an explanation 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

problem is these decisions are unforgiveable from a company stand point.

literally wasting company resources to achieve something that does not sell.

and this is my first time saying this, even though I've been through years of balance patches.

the only goal of these changes i can think of is to delete banner from the game.

now you can only pick banner one by one, and nobody but you can pick up and now you get an empty skill bar for picking banner up, without mentioning how garbage the boons are.

clearly, if they simply wanted to make something not mandatory, they would've not make all these changes, just change stats to boons and keep everything like before, requires less work, and would achieve better result.

they simply made sure it is dead dead but with extra steps.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave.6819 said:

And even if it will be fixed in a few weeks still it will be such an unforgettable moment that you can't really "damage control" it anymore. I bet they'll try to polish up those "design notes" and share a beautiful post of their future vision and explain why they did such changes...i can't wait for an explanation 🤦‍♂️

Hehehe, a few weeks? They said they will monitor and address this patch Mid-Fall. We got this kitten show for months to come, brother.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

How did they manage to make them worse then I thought they would be, the fact you need to PICK THEM UP TO MANUALLY REPOSITION THEM invalidates what  l i t t l e hope boon warrior had

Not like it had any hope to begin with, 4 seconds of swiftness every 60 seconds, what a joke

• Thanks 1

it was all intentional they can say whatever they want, they're just incompetent, i have years of experiencing them to back it up, tbey have 0 credibility, and i'm not waiting another few years for them to get their kitten together.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

Clever, rather than just blanket nerf the skills, they instead did a functionality nerf. Disguising a nerf by making it look like a re-balance. I'm not surprised either they've pulled of similar tactics even before Guild Wars 2. It's just their way of saying that they don't want banners in the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:04 AM, RazielTheUnborn.2189 said:

Hehehe, a few weeks? They said they will monitor and address this patch Mid-Fall. We got this kitten show for months to come, brother.

Well they said "We’ve added a follow up balance update to our release schedule in the coming weeks to address critical issues. Then, in mid-fall, we’ll have our next major professions update. Somewhere in between we’ll share our profession balance philosophy."

But yeah, knowing them i wouldn't really expect banners will fall into a category of "critical issues". Over 9 years i learned one thing - set your expectations very very low. So yup, i wouldnt really expect any major changes in following weeks. I guess i should feel mad or something. But all i can feel is just confusion and i feel so embarrassed for them, they've humiliated themselves so bad 🤣

On another note.. engi spams #1 while being afk - 25k dps. Zerker weaver plays piano with some sweat on their forehead and barely manages to reach 27k (yes, we tested it on golem..). New benchmarks are "fantastic".  🤣

Edit: ok apparently not 25k, more like 33-35k. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

Well they said "We’ve added a follow up balance update to our release schedule in the coming weeks to address critical issues. Then, in mid-fall, we’ll have our next major professions update. Somewhere in between we’ll share our profession balance philosophy."

But yeah, knowing them i wouldn't really expect banners will fall into a category of "critical issues". Over 9 years i learned one thing - set your expectations very very low. So yup, i wouldnt really expect any major changes in following weeks. I guess i should feel mad or something. But all i can feel is just confusion and i feel so embarrassed for them, they've humiliated themselves so bad 🤣

On another note.. engi spams #1 while being afk - 25k dps. Zerker weaver plays piano with some sweat on their forehead and barely manages to reach 27k (yes, we tested it on golem..). New benchmarks are "fantastic".  🤣

Oh god...poor eles lmao...

...sigh...I also play an ele secondary....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

do not despair fellow warriors.. soon we will get The Philosophy and everything will be ok. Because that was the issue... the missing Philosophy

Bladesworn has been in a great place with strong support, power, and condition builds that are successful in all content.

- Anet 29th August 2022.

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

do not despair fellow warriors.. soon we will get The Philosophy and everything will be ok. Because that was the issue... the missing Philosophy

Dev: A Warrior called me dodo head ones. So I decided to use my God powers to punish every single Warrior in existence. I actually wanted to delete Warrior but grouch didn't let me. 😢 This is the closest to deleting I could get. 

DUCK them Wars. 🦆

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Luckster.4076 said:

Somehow they made the banners worse than when I'd started playing in 2017. That's concerning.

In my opinion, they made them worse than they were at launch in 2012.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2