New banners are a disgusting joke

Zsoak.5409

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Dev: A Warrior called me dodo head ones. So I decided to use my God powers to punish every single Warrior in existence. I actually wanted to delete Warrior but grouch didn't let me. 😢 This is the closest to deleting I could get. 

DUCK them Wars. 🦆

(...sad quacks....)

• Haha 1

To be honest, while being disappointed is the standard (see what i did there) for warrior players, i honestly did not expect to be THIS BAD.

In fact i was think, yes warrior is kitten but if support is passable ill get easy groups supporting... 

Then again warrior so....

Edited by Apolo.5942
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Guys listen I have an idea. Perhaps the God of War Balthazar can save us.... Oh.... Wait...

Oh I finally get it now! Warriors are servants of Balthazar, Balthazar go by by, warriors lose their power! I’ve figured out balance philosophy, it’s all about the RP! 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Haha 3

On 6/28/2022 at 5:38 PM, Zsoak.5409 said:

So let me summarize it: you occupy a slot on your utility bar with a 60s cooldown skill.

There is 3 sec of Quickness (4.5 sec traited) every 60 sec, when you plant the banner.

You can choose from 4 of the shittiest and most common boons to provide (no Resolution, no Protection, no Aegis, no Stability - these are reserved for the golden Blue and Brown childs of ANet).

Then to reposition the banners, you can pick them up every 3 sec. When you pick up the banner, you get an empty weapon skill bar, so you can effectively do nothing while carrying it, just plant again. Planting again does not do anything.

This is not 2 but 6 steps backwards. This is way worse than what I imagined to be.

Not even mentioning the other egregious things (+5% crit chance in Arms; Tactics grandmaster traits straight up competing with each other so you can decide to Quickness support or Might support or Shout heals but only one of them; no real compensation for the lost 600 raw stats, effectively gutting pure PDPS Zerk as well etc.)

This really is just disgusting and a huge slap in the face.

I guess I will see myself out to play other games.

Couldn't have written this better myself.

Original Banner buffs were unique Warrior attribute to bring support to your group/squad, and now this has been completely decimated by the fact other support classes are far superior.

As OP states so well, I've just finished a Desert Highlands Bounty run, dropped some banners and everyone saying just no point, their completely useless now, ergo other classes support well....

ALSO I went to ressurect some fellow player in downstate, but it picked up my Banner instead, all my weapon skills vanished, the Bounty was static so no point to reposition it anywhere: it was just kitten annoying and an awful mechanic imo.

Nice one Anet you completely trashed Banner Slave Warriors. 

Edited by Greg.7086
  • Like 4

July 19

After today, our next opportunity to make changes will be the July 19 release. The build for this release is already “locked down” and moving through the pipeline, so we don’t have much time to make changes here. Our priority here will be to address Furious Burst, the warrior’s +5% critical hit chance trait that’s currently residing in the Arms specialization. We may make additional changes in this release as we continue to monitor game metrics and your feedback, but from a development ‘best practices’ standpoint, we’ll be focusing our attention on the following release.

August 2

As we mentioned earlier this week, we’ve added a follow-up balance update to our schedule on August 2. For that release, we'll be looking at addressing warrior banners and chronomancer’s relatively low damage output through chronomancer-specific traits and increasing the damage on core weapons (like the treatment ranger is getting today). Once we’ve released today’s hotfix we’ll move onto planning the details of this update.

ahahahahahahahahahahahha

we made you worthless IN E V E R Y GAME MODE, now wait a month for MAYBE some breadcrumbs IN PVE

in case you for some reason thought war was not at the back of the backlog (even ele got its 5% crit back apparently)

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1