Change e-mail adress

Be nice if i could change my e-mail adress without a painful ticket system most things i do not even remember i just remember my login e-mail and password and that i have 2fa, my old e-mail i disabled because it was leaked and receives a insane amount of spam daily.

Whats even the point if i cant change it you may as well delete my account then, oh wait you say you cant without a valid e-mail adress thanks so much....

No i am not posting the e-mail i wanna change it to in freaking public cos it would literally get spammed again, sorry for anger issues im very pissed off.

• Sad 1

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015814567-I-Want-to-Change-My-Email

Fill out the form as thoroughly as possible (but not all is required for the CS Team to help you). 

Never post personal information (email address, etc.) on the forum as it is a security risk to your game account and other.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oke i just made the ticket but somehow having my doubts they change e-mail adress or manage to messup because i want to add originalemail+guildwars2@gmail.com that way i would know if the e-mail is leaked i know who leaked it since my original e-mail got leaked which is why i disabled it cos i daily got like 100+ spam e-mails and some kept comming thru spam filters.

Normally you just go account information and update it honestly i do not see any point to just let me do it my self its as if guildwars team does't trust its own users.

Edited by zerokewl.4786
  • Haha 1

I think some features should be allowed if you have 2FA. But I'm sure the real reason is to prevent as much account selling as possible. Having to go through customer service is basically involving another human to verify you're not trying to sell your account. I think that's the reason behind the one-time name change and e-mail change being behind CS tickets.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, zerokewl.4786 said:

Im not a hacker and i litterally have 2fa enabled it should not even lock me out changing my e-mail

2fa is a good additional security measure, but nothing is 100% secure. And do you know how to tell the difference between a hacker and a normal player? Specially where hackers try to impersonate a normal player?

You filled out the form and I have no doubt that they will come back to you.
using the known gmail trick to add something to the first part of the mail adress in order to track leaks, is no issue at all and very common business

Changing my email address was smooth, but I had to change my password, except for some reason, it wouldn't send the password reset email to my new address through Desktop, after I missed the window to change the password after my email changed. 

It works through mobile though.