Stuttering Zones - 6-28-22 Patch [Merged]

Prior to this patch no graphic issues or stuttering.
After this patch stuttering in all zones, (Tested Mistlock, The Grove, Lions Arch, The Silverwastes, and The Mists before I gave up) have run into others with same issues, massive framerate drops, etc. Like playing at 3 FPS.
Not utilizing a lot of resources on my end, never broke 30% of CPU/RAM usage on a year old top of the line gaming rig.

Also the Repair client through utilizing the shortcut method will not trigger for me as of this update all of a sudden.
(Someone else wrote a post on the same issue at a similar time frame, please merge)

Tested a few other areas after reading other persons post, found HoT and PoF areas relatively unaffected, mostly seems like core Tyria locations.

Edited by Voyant.1327
  • Like 2

• Voyant.1327 changed the title to Stuttering Zones - 6-28-22 Patch
1 hour ago, Ray Koopa.2354 said:

ArcDPS seems to be at fault here, I read elsewhere.

If you disable it, it'll be fine again.

Okay yep, I had tried the usual keybind to hide it since it wasn't updated yet,  but completely uninstalling arc seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion!

This is particularly obvious in the Mistlock Sanctuary, near the portal and the crafting stations. Outside of this area, it's harder to spot and often, there is no stutter.

I am running Windows 10, 64 bit, Home Edition, RTX 3070 Ti, i5 9600k, 16 GB RAM (Corsair) and a Western Digital BE NVME drive, if it helps.

I did not have any stuttering prior to this update. Just thought I'd drop this here in case others are having the same issue.