Wells after the profession update

Tseison.4659

I don’t know, We’ll of Action and Well of “Recall” just don’t seem worth it anymore and additionally they should’ve made Wells go off at the Mesmers location. 

I think the issue I’m having is Well of Action feeling almost “empty” without the quickness in it? The 5s of super speed is nice but as I mentioned, if wells went off at the Mesmers location, it would’ve been ten times better.

Then the new Well of Recall, again, the book removal is nice but wouldn’t that have been better on Null Field and then giving it something that randomly fully resets a weapon or utility skill?

Just my opinion. I guess we’ll have to wait another 3 months unfortunately 😔

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I share the same opinion.

In PvP :

2 boons removed considering the 3 sec delay, the having to stay on the well, and the CD is bad.

3 sec super speed considering the 3 sec delay, the having to stay on the well, and the CD is bad.

Mean today chrono hasn't the tools to stay inside his wells versus meta classes and it's worst versus coordinated players.

Not to say than one instant aoe of meta classes does more damage than our 3 sec delayed well...

Sure you can troll 1 average guy on a point but you will never going top with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Nah guys I figured it out. This is really good design. The new Well of Action has a perfect use-case, it'll see tons of play.

You can use it as the start signal for a foot race!
3...2...1... super speed. Someone cheats and leaves early? They miss out on the super speed. Truly perfect.
Great design on this skill. Hats off to you Anet!

In all seriousness, the final pulse mechanic is dysfunctional as implemented. If they really want to hang on to it, they should change Wells to be like Gyros (which are now Wells anyways) and stay centered on the Mesmer.

Edited by Arewn.2368
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

The new Wells are amazing since no longer do you need to play Chronomancer Wells support and now offer some utility to power builds especially in WvW where Chonomancer has problems vs Zergs.

As a support you can slot in Alacrity or Quickness based on what the party/zerg needs, an amazing trade off for an elite that traditionally was able to do both really badly.

Over all I'm super happy with the changes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 18

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

The new Wells are amazing since no longer do you need to play Chronomancer Wells support and now offer some utility to power builds especially in WvW where Chonomancer has problems vs Zergs.

As a support you can slot in Alacrity or Quickness based on what the party/zerg needs, an amazing trade off for an elite that traditionally was able to do both really badly.

Over all I'm super happy with the changes.

If you ever played a Well other then Gravity in Wvw, then you did something horribly wrong. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

I missed Mell's deranged rants based on nothing that actually happens in the game. Imagine we all got to play the GW2 from the alternate dimension he is from? I think that might be pretty fun.

Arg I guess I wont post anything for a while since nobody likes anything positive on this cesspool. Me and my wife will just play chrono in WvW by ourselves, I mean the biggest problem we has was the fact that it was so hard to land the boons from wells and outside support it had no real use case but now with the boonrip/superspeed it does.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Arg I guess I wont post anything for a while since nobody likes anything positive on this cesspool. Me and my wife will just play chrono in WvW by ourselves, I mean the biggest problem we has was the fact that it was so hard to land the boons from wells and outside support it had no real use case but now with the boonrip/superspeed it does.

What are you talking about? No real use case!? 

Chrono has some of the best utility skills in this game and was even before the patch S Tier in Wvw. 

And it had nothing to do with boons.

• Veil
  • Portal
  • Null Field
  • Illusion of life(!!!!!!!!) 
  • Gravity Well
  • Even Feedback is better then any Well
  • Add Cleans and Stab Mantra
  • Blink
  • Focus pull
  • Etc... 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Chrono has some of the best utility skills in this game and was even before the patch S Tier in Wvw. 

• Veil
  • Portal
  • Null Field
  • Gravity Well
  • Blink
  • Focus pull
  • Etc... 

„S-Tier“ 😂 so S-Tier that you want max 1 chrono in your whole squad (most likely because it would be unfair for the enemy team then i guess?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

That’s a great idea to not post anything, atleast in the Mesmer section for that matter because I don’t see how us saying that the new well changes are problematic, especially in WvW because they clearly geared them towards PvP/WvW. (I.e the 2 boon rips and superspeed)

Because you mentioned WvW and since I’m there often, everyone is constantly moving unless you happen to be those players standing still along the walls of a tower/keep and attacking the enemy boon ball, or preventing a group from getting in. THAT would be the only messily exception. But for the most part, no one is going to sit around and stand still and wait for the final pulse of your wells to go off. Enemies especially and if you think the new 2 boon rip is going to be noticeable when boons are being applied faster than they can be removed, I don’t know what to tell you lol and you’d be lucky to even catch 5 enemies huddled on that Well to begin with.

You state that it’s hard to land a boon with the wells; regardless of that initial cast change they got, this justifies what I said about Wells being mobile/going off at the Mesmers location (minus Gravity Well) which I still believe will solve the boon application problem in PvP/WvW when players are running around and won’t stand in them. They have it on Gyros, they can do that exact same for our Wells.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SugarJohnson.4596 said:

„S-Tier“ 😂 so S-Tier that you want max 1 chrono in your whole squad (most likely because it would be unfair for the enemy team then i guess?)

Ohhh no.... A build that you can't stack.... The horror 😱

You always want 3-4 Chronos in a 50man squad. The utility that they bring is way to good to pass up. 

Yes, Chrono is S Tier in Wvw. Just not in the dmg or support roll. It's  a utility class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Ohhh no.... A build that you can't stack.... The horror 😱

You always want 3-4 Chronos in a 50man squad. The utility that they bring is way to good to pass up. 

Yes, Chrono is S Tier in Wvw. Just not in the dmg or support roll. It's  a utility class. 

What more offers chrono beside gwell and shield 5? Like seriously mesmer is rock bottom but as soon as you provide gwell and shield 5 it’s S-Tier? Someone need to explain me why this is the definition of S-Tier now.

17 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

That’s a great idea to not post anything, atleast in the Mesmer section for that matter because I don’t see how us saying that the new well changes are problematic, especially in WvW because they clearly geared them towards PvP/WvW. (I.e the 2 boon rips and superspeed)

Because you mentioned WvW and since I’m there often, everyone is constantly moving unless you happen to be those players standing still along the walls of a tower/keep and attacking the enemy boon ball, or preventing a group from getting in. THAT would be the only messily exception. But for the most part, no one is going to sit around and stand still and wait for the final pulse of your wells to go off. Enemies especially and if you think the new 2 boon rip is going to be noticeable when boons are being applied faster than they can be removed, I don’t know what to tell you lol and you’d be lucky to even catch 5 enemies huddled on that Well to begin with.

You state that it’s hard to land a boon with the wells; regardless of that initial cast change they got, this justifies what I said about Wells being mobile/going off at the Mesmers location (minus Gravity Well) which I still believe will solve the boon application problem in PvP/WvW when players are running around and won’t stand in them. They have it on Gyros, they can do that exact same for our Wells.

Stretched Time does make it much easier to land support skills. Everything is super situational but there are plenty of times you can AoE with Well's especially since you can target yourself for the boons when you get rushed.

I mean I run small scale groups through WvW and Chrono really had no use case outside quickness application before. No one understand how to play anything in this game so I suppose this goes on deaf ears.

• Confused 9

21 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

• Veil
  • Portal
  • Null Field
  • Gravity Well
  • Blink
  • Focus pull
  • Etc... 

I said Wells, Gravity Well was okay but the invisibility is the better utility in most cases in WvW.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Stretched Time does make it much easier to land support skills. Everything is super situational but there are plenty of times you can AoE with Well's especially since you can target yourself for the boons when you get rushed.

I mean I run small scale groups through WvW and Chrono really had no use case outside quickness application before. No one understand how to play anything in this game so I suppose this goes on deaf ears.

What support skills are you referring to?

Stretched Time is good in the sense of using the shield  and tides of time, but that’s the only “pass” I’d give in terms of giving boons to allies. 

If you’re operating in small scale like you say and you’re getting rushed, why on earth would you stand there in a well just to wait for the final pulse (I.e Superspeed/boon removal, whatever)? 

Chrono or MESMER in general does have its uses in WvW via the countless utilities as was already mentioned by another person in here. Even if a player is spec’s as Chrono, they are likely taking it for the utility refresh via continuum split and gravity well…

There’s a lot of people who DO understand the game and the Mesmer class better than you so that last statement is empty here.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/30/2022 at 9:14 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

• Veil
  • Portal
  • Null Field
  • Gravity Well
  • Blink
  • Focus pull
  • Etc... 

Ummm....

• Veil - CORE
  • Portal - CORE
  • Null Field - CORE 
  • Illusion of life(!!!!!!!!) - CORE
  • Gravity Well - CHRONO
  • Even Feedback is better then any Well - CORE
  • Add Cleans and Stab Mantra - CORE
  • Blink - CORE
  • Focus pull - CORE
  • Etc... 

Chrono is so S tier that it only brings one thing lol!

The only good thing about it is Csplit where you can double your grav well and some other things...

Yet, good luck using it for anything other than that 1 grav well application since you'll never have clones on you.

If it weren't for Shield 5 (which is now nerfed), and Grav Well, people would be running Core mesmer for the "utility"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

they should make the wells go off at target and self location, make them weaker damage with defensive boons and healing, but lower the cooldowns a lot. make it fun and still balanced

target location condis 

self location boons

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:
  • Veil - CORE
  • Portal - CORE
  • Null Field - CORE 
  • Illusion of life(!!!!!!!!) - CORE
  • Gravity Well - CHRONO
  • Even Feedback is better then any Well - CORE
  • Add Cleans and Stab Mantra - CORE
  • Blink - CORE
  • Focus pull - CORE
  • Etc... 

Chrono is so S tier that it only brings one thing lol!

This. It is also a topic frequently brought up when people argue about how much Virtuoso brings. It brings none. It's mostly core. Of course, core needs to be considered when discussing e-specs. But it is very misleading to argue that a spec offers a specific benefit while it's actually available to all Mesmer specs.

For example, it is so funny to see people currently complaining about Focus which hasn't been buffed for ages (I'd even consider the change to the Phantasm back then a nerf). And while they are busy complaining, they neglect that Focus just didn't work for other specs and Virtuosos mostly take it to pull together people so their Bladesongs can actually hit. Virtuosos don't pick it because it's great. They pick it because they have to. Still, it's not a Virtuoso skill. Never was, never will be. But I'm rambling...

Regardless, nowadays most of this Utility can be substituted or even performed better by other classes whereas they were limited to fewer classes in the past (e.g. reflects or portal). While Warrior certainly had it worst this patch (mostly Banners... I couldn't care less about the 5% crit in Arms drama), in many scenarios there also isn't a great reason to bring Mesmers tunless you really enjoy playing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

in many scenarios there also isn't a great reason to bring Mesmers tunless you really enjoy playing it.

Right? 
Necros can boonstrip, so can spellbreakers, everyone heals better than a chrono, scrappers have better invisibility that lasts longer, can clense better and i won't even start what firebrands can do. Half of those can also pull...

The only thing Chrono has is a good AOE CC Grav well, that's about it.

Everyone else can do Chrono's job as good or even better.

So it's funny to me when someone calls Chrono S tier...

• Like 3

I think their only goal is making it impossible for Chronomancer to maintain both quickness and alacrity in PvE. Everything else they don’t care. It’s a joke that they claimed to make wells easier to use by moving the effects to the first pulse, and then still keep last pulse effects and even add some new last pulse effects (this kinda reminds me a new 300s trait), as if only quickness and alacrity are something, and everything else are irrelevant.

They clearly don’t even care how Chrono performs in PvP or WvW. Zero consideration put into it. Not even one bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2