New signets are quite good.

Zhaid Zhem.6508

28 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Obviously perfect inscription change is a nerf to support FB and sadly has no more synergy with the trait Wraith of Justice, but I love the new signets of resolve and courage. 💗

That's all ... Just wanted to be positive for something from this patch.

We are on the same page. That's the only thing positive that affected me on this patch. The aoe reduction from 1200 to 600 on signet of courage tho😪

• Like 3

I will call the changes to signets…dumb. It does not achieve anything. Removing the sharing part of PI, renders the trait useless. As a trait that only effects guardian it cannot remote compete with the other two grand master traits for radiance in any game mode. Adding 4 extra seconds of root to wrath is kinda mote. Sure, could help in breaking bars, but unless the team is really struggling I’m breaking bars I would not use it to begin with. The elite seems to be geared towards pvp. What it does is useless in pve anyway. Then Aner removed the stability in pvp. It still might be good for core support. I guess this is the extent of usefulness of signet changes goes. No more of support. Maybe pvp support.

Bottom line, too much work for nothing. Arguably made things worse. Time that should have been used to fix WB issues, of which there are tons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This seems to be a buff aimed at OW/Story players. But a nerf for all other modes of play. The heal signet and elite signet are too easy to interrupt to even use for WvW roaming. I would've like Perfect inscriptions to do something about that. I mean, come on, an elite that has a channel that allows others to easily interrupt it? That's not an elite skill imo.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Skyroar.2974 said:

What do people think of the elite's new animation? IMO, it's one of the best animations this game has, and it's only unfortunate that it's tied to a skill that may not see much use outside of healing builds.

I really like the animation change too, it would be great if there is a video out there showing all possible animations.

I would rather see them change it to grant stability on the first pulse only.  Seems fair for an elite that you have to spec into to make it worthwhile. 

Either that, or have it share a short duration (5s or so) of passive effects of all equipped signets with allies in range after activating elite.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:58 PM, Threather.9354 said:

They should make elite signet castable while moving. I know it is redundant in PvE where it gives stability but absolutely essential for viability in WvW/PvP

23 hours ago, Exalted Quality.8534 said:

I would rather see them change it to grant stability on the first pulse only.  Seems fair for an elite that you have to spec into to make it worthwhile. 

I take it you mean getting stability on the first pulse with a longer duration. I tested the elite in WvW though and even with the stability they still manage to interrupt the channel each time. So that's a problem. I guess they have boon removal followed by an interrupt, but they're quicker than the 1 second pulse with that.

Signet of resolve:
Its good but cooldown 35 sec in pvp seems way too high. But its okay heal option now before patch it was useless.

Signet of courage:
In pve as heal support guard have to use feel my wrath.
Try to join group.. Hi i'm heal fb without quickness but i have nice elite signet.

Even if for whatever reason you would want extra burst heal instead of quickness. It has one minute cooldown. So it cant be used like staff-4(20sec / 16s). Even book2 is 42sec. This elite signet need cd like 40 sec max. Maybe even less heal and shorter cooldown.

In pvp as heal support guard you have to use renewed focus.

Every support need o'sh** button. Or youll be dead support. Activation heal you for 900 each interval with avatar stats. In game where people hit for 5-10k+ or spam conditions what eat you in 3 seconds, during the cast that is completely unprotected and roots you in place. There is large heal at end of it but I garantie you by that time you be interrupted or dead before that happens... probably both in this sequence.

When it comes to wvw No stab. Can't move.. try in blob vs blob stop following tag for 2 seconds.. RIP. Not to mention you be kicked in 1sec once you don't provide stability for you party.

-------------------

Also signet trait "perfect inscription" in radiance (damage trait line) I cant imagine on which build you could get there and pick it over righteous instincts or amplified wrath..

Now don't get me wrong signet rework is good. But now finish what you started and make it useful. Move perfect inscription somewhere so healer can reach it. Allow us to move during signet of courage cast. If its ment to be used in pve it need quickness (or some interation from firebrand trait that give quickness) and shorter CD. If its ment to be used for pvp than it need stab or invuneability and in that case cooldown should be high.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:30 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

I take it you mean getting stability on the first pulse with a longer duration. I tested the elite in WvW though and even with the stability they still manage to interrupt the channel each time. So that's a problem. I guess they have boon removal followed by an interrupt, but they're quicker than the 1 second pulse with that.

I’m almost certain WvW doesn’t get stab like the PvP version. I might be wrong though.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 5:06 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

This seems to be a buff aimed at OW/Story players. But a nerf for all other modes of play. The heal signet and elite signet are too easy to interrupt to even use for WvW roaming. I would've like Perfect inscriptions to do something about that. I mean, come on, an elite that has a channel that allows others to easily interrupt it? That's not an elite skill imo.

This is definitely true. I think the change correctly improves the performance of signets the Guardian itself and yes at the expense of team or competitive play ... because don't we already do that a crapton already (like, are we really going to ignore the elephant in the room that is FB here?).

Hot take: I think these are changes that are aligned to the 'low intensity' styles of play that seem to be getting attention for the below top tier players. I don't see a problem with ONE trait being aligned to do that, especially considering the relative strength of the other choices in that slot. 

On 6/30/2022 at 11:06 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Agree with that, signets are much more usable now in simple OW pve.

On 7/10/2022 at 6:50 AM, TheRealGorthaur.1796 said:

Agree with that, signets are much more usable now in simple OW pve.

No, not really, especially if you know what you are doing. None of them deal any noticeable damage. Using Bane for CC in open world is not remotely needed. And you are giving-up quite a bit of damage, for? The elite passive heal is the same. Theoretically, having PI trait and elite signet should add a bit of sustain. Though, if that is needed, you could slot valor and mediations for a better result.

I am not seeing any game mode or any situation where you should use PI and signets, aside from the passive for power and condi dps builds.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:59 AM, Luna.6203 said:

Allow us to move during signet of courage cast. If its ment to be used in pve it need quickness (or some interation from firebrand trait that give quickness) and shorter CD. If its ment to be used for pvp than it need stab or invuneability and in that case cooldown should be high.

I like your point here. They half the active radius but still keep the root? Wouldn't it be better if you could follow the ally you're trying to heal? I think I'd even be okay with it being a slow movement speed like Whriling Wrath slows your movement.

If it's going to get anything more added to it to compete with other elites in PvP, I'd like to see something other than more invuln or stab. What if it pulsed area blind? Imagine heal FB coming back from the grave dishing out blinds and heals with Signet of Courage and a buffed Mantra of Truth!