high contrast mouse pointer issue

The fact the contrast options were added is a step in the right direction. However, the way it was implemented might need some work (which I am aware will have quite a low priority right now...)

I'd suggest to rework the cursor in a way that:

1. The tip of the pointer actually is, well, the tip of the pointer (accuracy)
  2. People can choose outline thickness AND color (if a color picker is too much, maybe just from a small preselection of colors, including magenta and similarly visible ones)
  3. Let people choose whether or not they additionally want the circle around the pointer (same color as chosen for the border of the pointer)
  4. Maybe even add an option to only have a crosshair or dot with the circle around it (also with color picker)?
  5. And please make the mouse pointer/crosshair/dot be centered in the circle

Also, adding an option to not have the mouse pointer disappear when turning the camera could help.

Even the "Use Show Ally Names to find Mouse Cursor" option does not work, while the camera is being turned using the right mouse button. -> I'm not sure if that's just me, but I go full camera helicopter mode during active gameplay (raids and the like), so an option like this would be really useful to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rayti.6531 said:

The fact the contrast options were added is a step in the right direction. However, the way it was implemented might need some work (which I am aware will have quite a low priority right now...)

I'd suggest to rework the cursor in a way that:

1. The tip of the pointer actually is, well, the tip of the pointer (accuracy)
  2. People can choose outline thickness AND color (if a color picker is too much, maybe just from a small preselection of colors, including magenta and similarly visible ones)
  3. Let people choose whether or not they additionally want the circle around the pointer (same color as chosen for the border of the pointer)
  4. Maybe even add an option to only have a crosshair or dot with the circle around it (also with color picker)?
  5. And please make the mouse pointer/crosshair/dot be centered in the circle

Also, adding an option to not have the mouse pointer disappear when turning the camera could help.

Even the "Use Show Ally Names to find Mouse Cursor" option does not work, while the camera is being turned using the right mouse button. -> I'm not sure if that's just me, but I go full camera helicopter mode during active gameplay (raids and the like), so an option like this would be really useful to me.

i approve all of this. Especially the idea of an option to prevent the pointer from disappearing.

• Like 1

I just open the forums to say this exact thing. Thankfully i found this thread so i am not alone. The click pixel or whatever is called should be at the very edge of the cursor design. And the cursor should be pointy not round (accidental "The Dictator" reference).
QOL changes are always welcome. And this patch is godsent. But this mouse cursor just doesn't work.

• Like 1

Good it finally was added not needing some 3rd party software, but yeah, they simply took the same cursor in the same exact position and added 2 outlines while it clicks on the same spot. It'd take more work than the current approach but I'm feeling tempted to not to use it over that inaccuracy issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I did not care for the inaccurate point real estate, so only using the 'Show Ally Names' feature.  Which I will probably rarely use, as when I'm looking for the cursor in the heat of battle, I will probably forget or forget which key, or find it before looking for said key. 

Ditto on everything you wrote.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly this.. I was really excited especially for wvw where your cursor is barely visible in large fights.. But i had to turn it off immediately when i realized click area is not at left-top corner. Maybe if outline were semi transparent.. Still probably no... overall blund shaped cursor is bad idea.

Suggested picture is perfect except i don't like its bigger (height is increased for some reason) i would make it same size just pointy/sharp and click area should be exactly on top-left edge.