Spirits Feedback

Swagger.1459

They are still useless outside of Raids and Strikes. Missed an opportunity to make these skills viable, and contribute to build diversity, in modes that have higher participation rates and interest among players. 

Facets are useful, so a “facetesque” design to spirits would probably go a longer way. 

Edited by Swagger.1459
  • Like 7

Also, 1 might on frost spirit. One might. Really??? That's all it does??? Give it 3 like Cold Snap at least. Druid struggles to keep up 25 might now. Should it be effortless? Probably not, but comparing it now to other specs, it's a pain to keep up 25 might, and quite often I'd end up burning all my might generating skills AND full CA bar with GoTL just to try and keep up 25 might, and have it drop! And this was just in the golem room. I haven't played any encounters with it yet, and I doubt I'm going to.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:29 AM, InsaneQR.7412 said:

My three changes:

Make them mobile again. 

Unkillable with a fixed duration.

Make the active an AoE ground target.

Two changes to your idea:

-make the pulses come from you not the spirits (like the bug that's currently happening).

-Make them untargetable and use the hp as duration. (Unless that was a part of your idea)

With this the boon pulses are always moving with you instead of spirit active skill which takes up to 20s.

22 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Two changes to your idea:

-make the pulses come from you not the spirits (like the bug that's currently happening).

-Make them untargetable and use the hp as duration. (Unless that was a part of your idea)

With this the boon pulses are always moving with you instead of spirit active skill which takes up to 20s.

Two inputs to your inputs:

Making them mobile is mainly for visuals. Yes the boons should pulse from you.

More or less yeah. But I would just make them a fixed duration and purely visual with nomhealth or health loss. To compnsate the Gm could then be like: When you heal an ally the duration of your nature spirits are extended. The active of your spirits grant alacrity to nearby allies.

Or something like this.

1 hour ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

Two inputs to your inputs:

Making them mobile is mainly for visuals. Yes the boons should pulse from you.

More or less yeah. But I would just make them a fixed duration and purely visual with nomhealth or health loss. To compnsate the Gm could then be like: When you heal an ally the duration of your nature spirits are extended. The active of your spirits grant alacrity to nearby allies.

Or something like this.

I agree the boons should pulse from you, or it could stay on the spirits if them regain mobility and follow you around.

Conversely I think we really need to get away from the duration of spirits being tied to either healing the spirit or allies, or really any healing at all. It turns the Core utility skills into something only fully utilized by the Druid elite spec. Ideally their functionality would be closer to mantras, facets, or spirit weapons. Something in that vein.

8 hours ago, Canidae Canis.2861 said:

I agree the boons should pulse from you, or it could stay on the spirits if them regain mobility and follow you around.

Conversely I think we really need to get away from the duration of spirits being tied to either healing the spirit or allies, or really any healing at all. It turns the Core utility skills into something only fully utilized by the Druid elite spec. Ideally their functionality would be closer to mantras, facets, or spirit weapons. Something in that vein.

Yeah I generally agree.

But i really like the active aspect of keeping them running through healing, so I wanted to conserve that. 

But overall I dont mind if they would just get a fixed duration.