Anyone else...

Okhu.7948

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It took me about 3s after I equipped the rifle to realize that Anet put way too little thought into it because its just that stupid of an autoattack.

And it takes one look at the DPS meter to realize how ill-informed these statements are. Even the Aim-Assisted Rocket trait by itself can bring more DPS to the table then the new AA, but you know "gotta act like Rifle Burst is somehow an issue cause mob mentality is fun".

I swear this change is an IQ test in disguise and people are trying their hardest to fail it. Like seriously, if people really want to criticize what the devs are doing then they should at least pick an issue that has some validity to it. It's not like they are in short supply.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Remember: it's not the rifle that's op, it's mechanist!

(I've done dps checks with rifle autos only both pre- and post patch:
rifle dps at melee range: 1930 -> 2500

rifle dps at max range: 2350 -> 3000.

sword does 4.7k )

post-patch, rifle, close: https://imgbox.com/1lESEdfg

post-patch, rifle, far: https://imgbox.com/gR9YVMiC
pre-patch, rifle, close: https://imgbox.com/elYUV0kt
pre-patch, rifle, far: https://imgbox.com/mJmk0Rxl
pre-patch, sword: https://imgbox.com/kjKsjzOo

#nerfmechnotcore

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

And it takes one look at the DPS meter to realize how ill-informed these statements are. Even the Aim-Assisted Rocket trait by itself can bring more DPS to the table then the new AA, but you know "gotta act like Rifle Burst is somehow an issue cause mob mentality is fun".

I swear this change is an IQ test in disguise and people are trying their hardest to fail it. Like seriously, if people really want to criticize what the devs are doing then they should at least pick an issue that has some validity to it. It's not like they are in short supply.

I said it was that stupid of an autoattack, not that it was either strong or weak. It looks ridiculous with quickness and it doesnt at all match the animation. It's almost as if autoattacks was supposed to be continous single attacks going from one chain to another...

I mean, I kinda agree it is not the rifle, but Mechanist that is pumping too hard.  I tried rifle on my full power DPS Scrapper build and hammer still significantly out performed rifle.  Mechanist obv obliterated Scrapper though.  I swear, trying to make DPS Scrapper a thing is like trying to make Fetch happen, and yet I'm still trying.....lol.w

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Talking about IQ but not adding up damage from Rifle Burst Grenade to Rifle Burst when comparing it with Aim Assisted Rocket.... 

12 minutes ago, Forestnator.6298 said:

Talking about IQ but not adding up damage from Rifle Burst Grenade to Rifle Burst when comparing it with Aim Assisted Rocket.... 

Except I did, you have to take into account that Orbital Command Strike is part of the Aim-Assisted Rocket trait:

RB(15,1%) + RBG(6,2%) = 21,3%
AAR(15,7%) + OCS(7,4%) = 23,1%

Edited by Tails.9372

The rifle is whatever, it's Mechanist all around it that overloads it, but it pretty much overloads everything. You won't get any added benefit in running Rifle with Holosmith, Scrapper, or Core with the latest changes beyond an easier time maintaining the Explosives traits.

That spec cannibalized all the builds I have in PvE expect for Qcrapper.

Edited by MrForz.1953
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Okhu.7948 said:

Feel like Engineers are being propped up to take a huge fall in the near future, as a cover for Firebrands. So Anet can be like "See we listen to you" when they eventually gut our class back down to the dark ages.

No surprise honestly.

1. Forces Meta to be class XY
  2. Everyone plays class XY
  3. Nerfs class XY because people complain
  4. Repeat from step 1

What bothers me more is how quickly engineer players became undesirables in the eyes of the community.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Okhu.7948 said:

Feel like Engineers are being propped up to take a huge fall in the near future, as a cover for Firebrands. So Anet can be like "See we listen to you" when they eventually gut our class back down to the dark ages.

Nah. Rifle is still underpowered, fits only for LI power builds. 

53 minutes ago, Gajex.2386 said:

What bothers me more is how quickly engineer players became undesirables in the eyes of the community

What would be the reason? Large damage? Alot of classes has higher, MUCH higher dmg that power rifle engi. Honestly, rifle still needs updated to compete with other power builds. High sustain? Not that high at all. High utility? Yes, but only for yourself in case of power builds and with high dmg loss in case of party utility. 

Maybe because of fast animation on rifle AA?

Edited by LunieL.1738

People don't like mechanist because its seen as the parental favorite alongside firebrand. Because a certain dev may play or have created said class and chosen to give it preferential treatment when designing it. Had this patch not been so bad for other classes and had mechanist not been such a versatile and potentially in some cases easy success class. We wouldn't be mocked so hard. No one would have cared. 

Hate the game not the player. 

Edited by Jaricko.6143