What's the definition of balancing?

For me balancing is an act of adjustment to make different playstyles (classes) equal. This equality includes in my opinion DPS roles and support roles to be mentioned and compared. Some classes have specific indentitys to fit in a roll perfectly, others fill the gap. Boons are buffs to yourself or players around to help to get more successful in the environment. Boons are part of the spec's identity. With so many different spec's it's hard to make a good balancing without serious calculation. This needs time and testing to be what it pretends to be...a balancing! However the current balancing with buffs and nerfs feels very unfinished for me. You can't make things equal by nerfing without any good tradeoff. I'm disappointed and i'm not a friend of half balancings.

Let's see what the future brings. Maybe i'll quit this game, maybe not. It's time for a break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Balancing - making it so that mechanist autoattack does 25k damage while builds that require learning an actual rotation get nerfed to the ground. Alternatively, making it so that ranged builds deal more damage than melee builds. Or, favouring condition damage over power damage. Or, making it so that 2 classes can provide every support boon, while pretending that other supports are viable by giving them random boons at high payoffs.

Balance is a myth. Some classes are more equal than others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

"Balancing" apparently means effectively deleting the warrior class in favor of Mechanist rifle now making all other classes and weapons obsolete. Because that's exactly what this "balance" patch did, and someone at ANet needs to answer for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Balancing - making it so that mechanist autoattack does 25k damage while builds that require learning an actual rotation get nerfed to the ground.

don't forget to give them quickness access. i don't know if i should cry or laugh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

balancing according to ANet : Let´s remove all Stealth capability from Thief´s Shadow Arts tree and give it trash and useless boons so the Mechanist can get all the goodies, making it look good in the picture.

Let´s admit, Stealth was Thief´s unique ability and they turned it completely useless ! Its better to just sit and die !!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't know, maybe its like, if you see 2 necros and 1 guard in almost every conquest party you start to wonder, maybe there is some balance issue?

Or if you see 2+ necros and 1 guard in every wvw zerg party, you start to wonder?

Or if you see 4+ necros & guards in every fractal party, you start to wonder?

Naaaaah, you drop eod. But your new guard and necro specs are still not quite there yet (huh, maybe its cause the baseline for guard and necro is already absurd). So you buff them. Conquest dies even more but who cares. Wvw doesn't change cause you don't understand zerg fights but you don't care enough about that either, gotta work on raids (which were dead too but I guess, riding the dead horse for the  steam release? probably the "best" dead horse for that).

Ah right, and if you play engi you buff it, like duh. Why would you not?

Am I summing up the  last 3 years of "balance" relatively accurately? Oh, I forgot, you also promise you'll start balancing the game again.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Balancing - making it so that mechanist autoattack does 25k damage while builds that require learning an actual rotation get nerfed to the ground. Alternatively, making it so that ranged builds deal more damage than melee builds. Or, favouring condition damage over power damage. Or, making it so that 2 classes can provide every support boon, while pretending that other supports are viable by giving them random boons at high payoffs.

Balance is a myth. Some classes are more equal than others.

That seems to be the current dev team vision.

A Guide to Balancing:

1. Remove all attacks but autoattack and make it no longer auto.

2. Change damage of autoattack to equal damage across the board

3. Remove all traits and abilities

4. Remove all stats from Armor, Weapons, Trinkets

5. Change every weapon in the game into a variation of a gun.

6. Change perspective to first person.

7. Award extra damage for headshots.

8. Add a temporary sprint ability that is enabled by holding down shift.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1