Energy still not gained out of combat

Yogurt Goblin.5934

I was really hoping that they were gonna throw catalyst a bone when they anounced they'd be nerfing the quickness generation, and I still think that catalyst sorely needs to generate energy out of combat.

Sad that this didn't happen, finally time to jsut focus on a different class till it gets better.

• Like 3

Tbh the sphere cd mechanic is enough as it is. Energy needs to go. Since there is a "balancing" curve with energy. Good players will manage to get 3 spheres out per rotation, but average players 1-2 due to energy being limiting factor on 2 round of rotation and so on. 
Anet should remove energy and just allow players to set up all 4 spheres limited only by cd (sure they can nerf the dmg of spheres a bit to compensate). 

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ganathar.4956 said:

Energy should not even exist and should be replaced by a charge system or something similar. You shouldn't settle for a compromise by improving energy when it doesn't even belong there in the first place.

That Sphere needs nothing other than a cool down. It shouldn't have any kind of resource tied to it, be it Energy or Charges.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That Sphere needs nothing other than a cool down. It shouldn't have any kind of resource tied to it, be it Energy or Charges.

I am sure Anet don't want you getting the boons from all 4 spheres. This is why there is a restrictive system, though this one is by far the poorest implementation I've ever seen.

Theres another option.

Add an ammo mechanic instead of energy, that way they can limit how many you can put down at any time.

Energy mechanic is silly, since:

• main issue, you lose all your energy if you go downstate, so if you're low on hp you spam through attunements that you don't lose energy and miss out on quickness if you want to be a quickness support and you usually mess up your rotation
  • you can't gain energy out of combat or anywhere there is no mobs
  • you can't gain energy when the orb is down, so there are times where you must put down an orb to upkeep a boon
  • some weapons for instance staff have problems generating energy
Edited by skoda.4619
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ganathar.4956 said:

I am sure Anet don't want you getting the boons from all 4 spheres. This is why there is a restrictive system, though this one is by far the poorest implementation I've ever seen.

Now you get boons from 3 of them. Which usually is fire/air/water. Surelly a few secs of protection/resistance wouldnt make a difference at all for a dps build. Because in solo play you can easily use earth in water place and get urself some protection. While in group play protection/resistance is covered by the support. 

Yeah, as far as boons go this really only affects solo play because in groups you are going to have them anyway so there isn't really a point to a limit to where you can only put out 3 spheres and that's the only thing energy does at this point. They really do need to just get rid of energy and just leave it with a cooldown.

• Like 4