Simple fix for banners.

ZeftheWicked.3076

Base quickness duration - 5s on summoning the banner instead of 3s.

There. That's all that's needed.

Now before you start going into berserk mode on me, keep in mind these simple facts:

1. It's a banner fix, not full warrior fix.
2. Core profession, let alone a warrior cannot have a 24/7 uptime on a critical boon for whole groups. Else his future e-specs will be crippled to ground due to stronk core..
3. Anet's banner change is very inline with warrior's role and playstyle. Warriors are about burst and opportunity plus simple and effective out of box solutions.
Breakbar got broken? Drop a banner and whole team gets quickness for 5~7.5s for a mere cost of one banner. Simple and effective.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

In an era where everyone and their mother can upkeep perma quickness/alacrity, no sane warrior would occupy a utility slot whith a skill which provides even 5s quickness every 60s. If you cannot bring full quickness uptime then there should already be a proper support in the party who can do it far easier while doing more dps or healing. Then why even bother with banners

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Base quickness duration - 5s on summoning the banner instead of 3s.

There. That's all that's needed.

Now before you start going into berserk mode on me, keep in mind these simple facts:

1. It's a banner fix, not full warrior fix.
2. Core profession, let alone a warrior cannot have a 24/7 uptime on a critical boon for whole groups. Else his future e-specs will be crippled to ground due to stronk core..
3. Anet's banner change is very inline with warrior's role and playstyle. Warriors are about burst and opportunity plus simple and effective out of box solutions.
Breakbar got broken? Drop a banner and whole team gets quickness for 5~7.5s for a mere cost of one banner. Simple and effective.

You forget that the bundle is EMPTY. You can have all the quickness in the world, you have 120 seconds of quickness, for all I care: it's not going to solve anything. Warriors cannot do ANYTHING with the banner in hand. Plus, they still have to pick up and carry them.

Nope. Sorry, this is just BAD lipstick on a pig.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

In an era where everyone and their mother can upkeep perma quickness/alacrity, no sane warrior would occupy a utility slot whith a skill which provides even 5s quickness every 60s. If you cannot bring full quickness uptime then there should already be a proper support in the party who can do it far easier while doing more dps or healing. Then why even bother with banners

Erm nope.

1. "Everyone and their mother" are all elite specs. Not cores. Ranger core can be subject to argument, but unlike warrior he has to go into specific grandmaster (nature's vengenace) inside a support traitline to get his big boon (alac). Banners provide quickness outta the box.

2. quickness is a side benefit next to banner's regular boons that are being pulsed. You don't take banner for 5s of quickness and then 55s of nothing. Though 1s base duration on these basic boons (with exception of resistance) is close to nothing. I think a-net should be more genererous with their duration. Something like 1.5s baseline, with doubled standards making it 2.25s (1.5s base + 50% bonus duration, leaving remaning 50% boon duration for player to pad if they want to).

3. Last time I saw warriors having dps issues in raids was never. Banners or no banners. At no point that I recall did warriors have no spec that could take dps slot due to subpar damage all across the board. Something that necros for one actually did face in their past.

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

You forget that the bundle is EMPTY. You can have all the quickness in the world, you have 120 seconds of quickness, for all I care: it's not going to solve anything. Warriors cannot do ANYTHING with the banner in hand. Plus, they still have to pick up and carry them.

Nope. Sorry, this is just BAD lipstick on a pig.

Now this is actually a very valid point and one that needs discussing.

2 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Erm nope.

1. "Everyone and their mother" are all elite specs. Not cores. Ranger core can be subject to argument, but unlike warrior he has to go into specific grandmaster (nature's vengenace) inside a support traitline to get his big boon (alac). Banners provide quickness outta the box.

2. quickness is a side benefit next to banner's regular boons that are being pulsed. You don't take banner for 5s of quickness and then 55s of nothing. Though 1s base duration on these basic boons (with exception of resistance) is close to nothing. I think a-net should be more genererous with their duration. Something like 1.5s baseline, with doubled standards making it 2.25s (1.5s base + 50% bonus duration, leaving remaning 50% boon duration for player to pad if they want to).

3. Last time I saw warriors having dps issues in raids was never. Banners or no banners. At no point that I recall did warriors have no spec that could take dps slot due to subpar damage all across the board. Something that necros for one actually did face in their past.

Now this is actually a very valid point and one that needs discussing.

But nothing of this is really a counterargument to what I said?

1. Yes core ranger is indeed in the same boat. And yes we warriors also need to take the Martial Cadence grandmaster trait to provide quickness (not for banners though, but taking banners alone is obviously a joke)

2. Yes I mostly agree, although I wouldn't call quickness a 'side benefit' because as you also mentioned the other boons they can provide are simply not worth it (really common boons with really low duration)

3. Well now we do have issues, power zerk currently benches at 32k and spellbreaker at 22k, condi zerk and ofc memesworn is fine though

But I don't know how any of these points really relate to what I said, which was basicly to expect a support build to provide full quickness uptime or gtfo, there is no inbetween (to just grab one or two banners for the flavor or idk)

Edit: not that I agree with or am a fan of 24/7 boons like quickness or alacrity, quite the contrary, I really hate that these became must-have perma uptime boons over the years. I would far more prefer for them to work like BL in WoW, like a big cooldown skill for a big burst setup. But unfortunately that's not how we're rolling in GW2, and in this meta, the current banners or the whole quickness support warrior has simply no place, while Firebrand exists

Edited by Zsoak.5409