Health concern: Aim Assisted Rocket [Content Note - Flashing Imagery] [Merged]

Epileptic (and other disability) Issue: With the new change, and how power Mechanist is currently, the amount of people playing this has grown, SUBSTANTIALLY. This is VERY similar to collecting Volatile Magic orbs in LWS4, big flashes, but at least those end right? With mechanist, this effect triggers every few seconds, from golem and player. Imagine 30 mechanists with 2 rockets and the orbital strike every few seconds in combat. Please change the affects from this, or both mentioned honestly. I honestly had to take a break after Dragon's End today, bc we had at least 20 mechanists in the group, and my eyes were hurting from all the constant flashes.

Edited by Xunlai.3460
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

If anyone else can think of any other things that can cause a health concern, please feel free to add to the post! These concerns need attention, and honestly are more important and should be prioritized over the current balance of the game!

Edited by Xunlai.3460
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Xunlai.3460 said:

If anyone else can think of any other things that can cause a health concern, please feel free to add to the post! These concerns need attention, and honestly are more important and should be prioritized over the current balance of the game!

Another topic was created about Health concern (motion sickness) in March nothing have been done on this part 😕
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/108653-character-select-screen-camera-movement/?tab=comments#comment-1576761

About Aim Assisted Rocket visual effect, it seems to have the same issue as old effect of Shortbow autoattack of the Renegade.
The effect seems to scale with the height of the target.

They need to change this quick.

Edited by valfx.5416
  • Like 5

Hi all,

With the recent patch and Mechanist becoming more prominent, while seeing a number of tweaks to its abilities, people are noticing that the visual effect noise is now quite severe for people with visual issues such as epilepsy and photophobia, leading to possible seizures and severe migraines

Examples below contain flashing imagery.

Examples of this can be seen here:

And there are prominent visual effects that have been present in PvE for well over a year now, that are major accessibility issues, such as those during the dark phase of Ai in Sunqua Peak CM.

Please can these new, and longstanding, issues be considered from an accessibility stand point?

I would quite like to be able to continue playing PvE content with my partner who suffers from photophobia (and resultant migraines and nausea) for years. While they have been somewhat locked out from regularly doing Sunqua Peak CM, I don't think it is fair that they now run this risk in all group content.

Thank you for considering this feedback.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

It's long past time this game got an option to tone down and/or hide visual effects. And for cases where it's mechanic-necessary to see what's going on, there should be ways to replace them with something more basic visually for those who need or want it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I've commented times and times again, that the game needs a seizure warning when starting the game and that we need an option to reduce the particle spam drastically.

Arenanet has never bothered to comment on that issue or at least officially acknowledged its existence. I doubt that'll change in the next years.

• Like 3

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Health concern: Aim Assisted Rocket [Content Note - Flashing Imagery] [Merged]
4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

we need an option to reduce the particle spam drastically.

The sad part is that, actually, the game *does* have this option. It's a check box in the graphics options called "Effect LoD" that reduces the level of detail/frequency of other people's skill effects. 

It just doesn't seem to help with AAR at all.

• Like 1