Contrast for cursor is nice, but what about crosshair cursor (action camera)?

The new contrast options for the mouse cursor are a nice feature (though in high contrast the cursor should be centred within the circle, seems a bit off). But I think you forgot the crosshair cursor from the action camera, which can also be very hard to find, especially while in combat situations.

Therefore, could you please add another option for different contrast options for the crosshair cursor?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Have you tried using custom crosshair apps?
(example: Crossover)

These kind of apps are lightweight, usually offer tons of different customizable crosshair options while being easy to setup/use. They work the same as the apps that people use to customize their cursors, and I personally wouldn't count on Anet implementing this feature ingame themselves any time soon. Might as well beat them to it 😉

• Thanks 1

I'd like to see further actioncam development, particularly with the issue of aiming at your player character's feet. However making a high contrast option to it isn't something that's needed because, as was pointed out earlier, it's in the middle of the screen.... and that's where your eyes should be focused at anyways if you're using actioncam.... so...

12 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Humm...  Isn't that one always at the center of the screen ? How can you loose it, then? 

Sadly, it isn’t. If you use different values for vertical position near (mine is far left) and vertical position far (mine is in the middle) under the camera options, the crosshair cursor changes its position according to the current zoom level.

Edited by AllNightPlayer.1286
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Humm...  Isn't that one always at the center of the screen ? How can you loose it, then? 

Actually, it's surprisingly easy. Pick a charzooka off the ground in the Cold War strike mission and try to aim at the choppers in the snowy sky. Most of the time I just cannot see it. It might be a display issue on my side, but that action camera dot is the single hardest thing to find even if we all know where it supposedly is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

Actually, it's surprisingly easy. Pick a charzooka off the ground in the Cold War strike mission and try to aim at the choppers in the snowy sky. Most of the time I just cannot see it. It might be a display issue on my side, but that action camera dot is the single hardest thing to find even if we all know where it supposedly is.

If you are holding down right mouse button by habit to move camera around you wont see the charzooka dot you need to release it after picking up the item and dot will show up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

If you are holding down right mouse button by habit to move camera around you wont see the charzooka dot you need to release it after picking up the item and dot will show up.

Really?!? I will certainly try that next time. If it proves to be true, many thanks to you.

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2022 at 11:34 AM, Bewt.9258 said:

it's in the middle of the screen

It's actually not. Try zooming in and out quickly and you'll see that the farther away the camera is, the higher above the center is the dot. And that behavior can't be turned off either.

I understand, why they did it that way (to make it easier to aim at flat platforms above where the character is), but it really screws with the ability to aim at your feet, and makes it a lot harder to find that barely visible dot, not to mention that it's screwing with everyone's expectations who has been playing other games with crosshairs. And it barely helps with the main goal either, because doing the new CM100 fractal is still next to impossible with action cam if you get unlucky with the platform you have to jump to.