Anyone have a good survivability build for general solo PvE, World Bosses, achievements, and map completion?

alazar.1907

Hi all, 

I recently came back to the game after an almost 2-year hiatus and have been looking for a solid survivability build for solo warrior play. I play solo content about 90% of the time, with my only exceptions being low level fractals, and teaming up with some real-life friends for world / zone bosses. 

I am looking for a solid survivability build for warrior, preferably something that involves dual axe if possible. I currently have mostly exotic gear (berserkers) (except for a few trinkets of ascended) and have used vamp runes + MMR style build I found on these forums. That build was from a few years back, so not sure if anything better has come along. 

Thanks for reading all, I appreciate it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAcelFwwYWsLWJmUXeA-e

You can run these two trait lines as a base, and run whatever you want as a third. A couple of your stances are good for survival, and you can just run all shouts if you want. If you want stupid high survival while still running Axe/Axe, then run Bladesworn. I opted not to show that build here because it doesn't let you use the axe burst skills, and this is going to be the base of any "high survivavility" build.

Edited by Kalthea.4326
  • Like 1

I would recommend this build if you want survivability.  http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABk6dflFw0YXMMWJO+OppUA-z1QYionpjAdh0UB1bKUREo6hII7h3SKbaA-w this build runs soldiers Power main stat followed by toughness and vitality. For weapons and armor. Trinkets use sentinels vitality main stat and toughness power( runes armor weapons trinkets on trading post). For armor you can get full soldiers dragonic armor for about 4 to 5 gold. Soldier pearl mace and shield along with axes for about 4 to5 gold max total(mace used for breaking break bars and shield used for extra survival). For trinkets you want to get azurite orichalcum earrings (2),rings(2), necklace. At most it would be about 10gold. Then for runes 6 superior runes of the trooper which are around 20gold.now total.  Superior sigil of force on one axe, 1 superior sigil of cleansing on other axe. On mace super sigil of bloodlust(make sure to put one on your water weapon also) on your shield put superior sigil of cleansing. The cleansing can be gotten later only made through 400 craft such as weaponsmith. All together this build will have 26 to 28 condition clears and healing shouts.  If you feel that you are not surviving with this build change armor and weapons to sentinels(recommend only if you want more survivability) you also do not need to use the food shown as well. Altogether this build is around 45 gold for soldier sentinel mix. I have used builds similar to this for several years. Granted not with axes let me know if it helps. The full sentinels build can take on 3 hydras using mace/shield with hammer so perhaps even more with dual axes perhaps even greater challenges can be accomplish ed. Show the bosses that their silly aoes do not scare you as we all axe spin in unison!👏👍

Edited by prototypedragon.1406
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAcelFwwYWsLWJmUXeA-e

You can run these two trait lines as a base, and run whatever you want as a third. A couple of your stances are good for survival, and you can just run all shouts if you want. If you want stupid high survival while still running Axe/Axe, then run Bladesworn. I opted not to show that build here because it doesn't let you use the axe burst skills, and this is going to be the base of any "high survivavility" build.

Blade sworn is the new expansion elite specialization right? Don't have the latest expansion yet. I will probably pick it up in august, but I haven't even come close to finishing path of fire yet. 

25 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I would recommend this build if you want survivability.  http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABk6dflFw0YXMMWJO+OppUA-z1QYionpjAdh0UB1bKUREo6hII7h3SKbaA-w this build runs soldiers Power main stat followed by toughness and vitality. For weapons and armor. Trinkets use sentinels vitality main stat and toughness power( runes armor weapons trinkets on trading post). For armor you can get full soldiers dragonic armor for about 4 to 5 gold. Soldier pearl mace and shield along with axes for about 4 to5 gold max total(mace used for breaking break bars and shield used for extra survival). For trinkets you want to get azurite orichalcum earrings (2),rings(2), necklace. At most it would be about 10gold. Then for runes 6 superior runes of the trooper which are around 20gold.now total.  Superior sigil of force on one axe, 1 superior sigil of cleansing on other axe. On mace super sigil of bloodlust(make sure to put one on your water weapon also) on your shield put superior sigil of cleansing. The cleansing can be gotten later only made through 400 craft such as weaponsmith. All together this build will have 26 to 28 condition clears and healing shouts.  If you feel that you are not surviving with this build change armor and weapons to sentinels(recommend only if you want more survivability) you also do not need to use the food shown as well. Altogether this build is around 45 gold for soldier sentinel mix. I have used builds similar to this for several years. Granted not with axes let me know if it helps. The full sentinels build can take on 3 hydras using mace/shield with hammer so perhaps even more with dual axes perhaps even greater challenges can be accomplish ed. Show the bosses that their silly aoes do not scare you as we all axe spin in unison!👏👍

Thank you!!!