Deadeye - Silent Scope

MarkBecks.6453

I love to play rifle Deadeye in WvW, and the Silent Scope felt so balanced to get in and out of tricky situations when you were trying to dodge a zerg, 2 or 3 players trying to cap your camp or even cap camps. I know nothing was mentioned that I can see, but will wait to see the outcome, as this has now changed to 1 second stealth in WvW. I know the PvP was reduced to 1 second, but twice now I have died extremely easily as I have to use my other stealth options and Elite spec to stay stealthed, and finding I am spending more time trying to get away rather than engage anyone. I am just trying to find out if anyone else has found a workaround to this, as my Deadeye felt so balanced with the extra stealth, and now feels a bit clunky. I feel that this  was the most important spec of rifle Deadeye for me and my play style, as I hardly bothered swapping, just enjoyed rifle 90% of the time. Would it be better to just go back to core thief, staff, or change this track, as I prefer stealth over speed any day as I do struggle with rotations due to my old PC. I also think that if you couldn't  swap weapons in combat, you would be forced to disengage when things got hot, and it would help alleviate the perma stealth Deadeyes but at least give you back this great skill. Thought please, no complaints I need help to figure the way forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Its 1 s & I suggest, you choose a new class.

De is not in a good state and nobody cares really. Many ppl enjoy the changrs bc thry hate this class bc they cant counterplay invis.

maybe hidem thief becomes a de trait in future,maybe 3s invis on doge come back.

It was the class, with most invis.

The class was redesigned after release. First they got invis on knee, later on doge, but I recomment, dont stick to one class & 1 mechanic.

I really wish they would revert these Shadow Arts changes. The stealth playstyle was really fun, and the amount of stealth we can upkeep now is too little. The change most devastating is probably the one for Hidden Thief. This trait was actually fundamental to a specific rotation/playstyle, and the replacement for it is actually a joke. 

At the very least they should increase the amount of stealth granted by Silent Scope. However, I don't see this happening as we've been getting bombarded with nerfs and undesirable changes for years now. 

For now, I recommend you try playing with Shadow's Embrace and Shadow's Rejuvenation. With the first one, you remove condis upon entering and exiting stealth, so you should be able to immediately remove two every time you dodge since stealth will last less than a second now. With the second trait, you will feel like you have lot of initiative because every time you dodge and Death's Judgement, you will refund 3 initiative (two ini from entering stealth, and one ini from exiting stealth). Besides from that, try to utilize the new superspeed granted by Meld with Shadows to reposition or to escape. You get 2 seconds when you enter and when you exit, so every dodge should be 4 seconds of superspeed. Try to let your stealth run out instead of stacking it now. Again, I know it sucks that we can't have an "in-sealth" playstyle anymore, but the devs and the community hate us.

Overall,  if you were decent at the build before, you should still be able to 1v1. It will be a lot harder to 2v1 and 3v1, and trying to escape or sit in stealth will feel pointless. Good luck. 

• Confused 2

I think you shouldn't be so quick to write off DE.

Silent scope has incredible synergy with the new SA traits.  Every dodge roll now has the ability to remove two conditions from you, grant you 6 stacks of spider venom which leech health, grant permanent protection to you, or grant THREE initiative.  

You may just need to take some time to figure out some new builds and playstyles, build for more mobility or other sources of stealth, but the rework is incredible for DE.  You just can't sit in stealth nearly as long, which I guess is personal preference but I always hated that playstyle.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

I think you shouldn't be so quick to write off DE.

Silent scope has incredible synergy with the new SA traits.  Every dodge roll now has the ability to remove two conditions from you, grant you 6 stacks of spider venom which leech health, grant permanent protection to you, or grant THREE initiative.  

You may just need to take some time to figure out some new builds and playstyles, build for more mobility or other sources of stealth, but the rework is incredible for DE.  You just can't sit in stealth nearly as long, which I guess is personal preference but I always hated that playstyle.

There is definitely potential and interesting  synergies as silent scope basically fires off the entering/exiting traits immediately, but the point is that they've seriously hindered the stealth playstyle. Stealth was the tool that allowed thieves to compete with the overloaded tools that other classes have to fight in direct combat. We're too fragile in our defenses and too precise in our attacks compared to the aura/aoe/boon spamming builds out there. I won't deny that the synergies have potential, but losing stealth uptime is an overall net loss for DE.

Besides from the loss in power for DE, we've lost a playstyle that is fun and rewarding. Being able to choose if and when to fight was absolutely invaluable. A playstyle that required being patient and observant is something that is only possible if we are able to prolong stealth. I get that you don't like that style very much, but we're weaker in WvW now because of this patch. 

• Like 1

You may be right..  but so far I feel more powerful.  I feel like I have unlimited initiative regen.  But so far i have only played rifle and p/d.

I'm excited to play sw/d, I feel like that could be very strong even against Bunker type builds with these changes

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MarkBecks.6453 said:

I love to play rifle Deadeye in WvW, and the Silent Scope felt so balanced to get in and out of tricky situations when you were trying to dodge a zerg, 2 or 3 players trying to cap your camp or even cap camps. I know nothing was mentioned that I can see, but will wait to see the outcome, as this has now changed to 1 second stealth in WvW. I know the PvP was reduced to 1 second, but twice now I have died extremely easily as I have to use my other stealth options and Elite spec to stay stealthed, and finding I am spending more time trying to get away rather than engage anyone. I am just trying to find out if anyone else has found a workaround to this, as my Deadeye felt so balanced with the extra stealth, and now feels a bit clunky. I feel that this  was the most important spec of rifle Deadeye for me and my play style, as I hardly bothered swapping, just enjoyed rifle 90% of the time. Would it be better to just go back to core thief, staff, or change this track, as I prefer stealth over speed any day as I do struggle with rotations due to my old PC. I also think that if you couldn't  swap weapons in combat, you would be forced to disengage when things got hot, and it would help alleviate the perma stealth Deadeyes but at least give you back this great skill. Thought please, no complaints I need help to figure the way forward.

Yeah, I enjoyed dead eye in WvW too, now it's just pointless. They should just remove the whole shadow arts line and call it a day because dead eye is dead now anyways. Really bad patch.

• Confused 3