More Dungeon Runes seeing use in endgame

Is it just me, or we’ve been using more of the Dungeon currency runes, recently?

Monk Runes (AC) and Nightmare Runes (TA) were always popular.

But now, we’re also using the Superior Rune of the Golemancer (CoE), Rune of Sanctuary (HotW), and Rune of Aristocracy (C’sM) in some PvE endgame builds…

I’ve almost wiped out the newly consolidated Tales of Dungeon Delving. 😆

(Possible implications in the next post.)

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Confused 3

It’s interesting that out of all ‘healer’ runes, the one ANet chose to buff recently was Sanctuary. It’s also interesting that the people optimizing the AA Power Mech build are stumbling on Golemancer Runes.

Total wild guess on my part:

I wonder if even the Rune of Baelfire (CoF), Rune of the Forgeman (SE), and Rune of Orr (Arah) will see meaningful changes and uses in the future?

Even if those 3 don’t, we’re seeing 5 types of dungeon-only runes in some endgame PvE builds now.

This direction looks promising. Considering we need to do the story mode now to unlock the merchant, I hope this helps dungeons as content moving forward.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Confused 2

These runes were always heavily used in WvW, and PvP (when they're available). The reason you're seeing more of them in PvE is because before, players didn't want to do specific dungeons (due to frustrating mechanics), but now all runes are available from doing any dungeon.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chrysline.2317 said:

Thanks for that perspective, Hannelore. 😲👏

I’ve only recently dipped into WvW and haven’t gotten to sPvP yet.

By “when they’re available,” what happens for them not to be? 🤔

Many runes, sigils and stat combinations are removed from PvP for balance reasons, and those that are present often have weaker effects since players have alot less health than monsters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dungeons in general need to be completely overhauled. As well as getting new dungeons. People like dungeons in MMOs so why they were abandoned since launch is baffling to me. There are great group mechanics in this game but it's all kinda meaningless in open world events since you can count on basically having 100% uptime on every boon. You also hardly have to think about striping yer own condis or *gasp* striping the enemies boons. Remember when we used to have to think about each open world encounter in GW1? we actually had to focus on specific targets... try to pick each enemy off. Yeah.... forget all that. Everything is just a zerg now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Fractals are the new dungeons.

I get where yer coming from, however fractals do not have branching paths. They aren't designed like GW2 dungeons. Also each unique fractal doesn't have it's own unique gear to get from it like dungeons do. No unique runes, weapons, armor. You also have to build up your agony resist in order to do certain fractals. 
Sure you can call fractals dungeons, they just don't come with anything that makes GW2 dungeons.... well dungeons. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Chrysline.2317 said:

Is it just me, or we’ve been using more of the Dungeon currency runes, recently?

But now, we’re also using the Superior Rune of the Golemancer (CoE), Rune of Sanctuary (HotW), and Rune of Aristocracy (C’sM) in some PvE endgame builds…

Pretty sure "it's just you", as they were already in use.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kikokuma.9405 said:

I get where yer coming from, however fractals do not have branching paths. They aren't designed like GW2 dungeons...

I know, but at least there is hope for fractal development. Dungeons are dead content -- not per me, but per Anet. But who knows, maybe with this little "go back and fix stuff team" something dungeon-related will happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kikokuma.9405 said:

Dungeons in general need to be completely overhauled. As well as getting new dungeons. People like dungeons in MMOs so why they were abandoned since launch is baffling to me. There are great group mechanics in this game but it's all kinda meaningless in open world events since you can count on basically having 100% uptime on every boon. You also hardly have to think about striping yer own condis or *gasp* striping the enemies boons. Remember when we used to have to think about each open world encounter in GW1? we actually had to focus on specific targets... try to pick each enemy off. Yeah.... forget all that. Everything is just a zerg now. 

No I dont remember thinking about any open world encounter in gw1 it is a instanced game.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 5:31 PM, Chrysline.2317 said:

bruh Golemancer rune is based. Im poor to buy End of Dragon so im gonna use scrapper with my mark 2 golem instead lmao. Also its more balanced ai than mechanist golem

Edited by XenMaster.7165
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 12:51 PM, Kikokuma.9405 said:

I get where yer coming from, however fractals do not have branching paths. They aren't designed like GW2 dungeons. Also each unique fractal doesn't have it's own unique gear to get from it like dungeons do. No unique runes, weapons, armor. You also have to build up your agony resist in order to do certain fractals. 
Sure you can call fractals dungeons, they just don't come with anything that makes GW2 dungeons.... well dungeons. 

This isn't quite true, several Fractals have branching paths, its just only one is available at a time (like Aquatic Ruins). Also Fractals have a far better difficulty and reward system.

If anything they need to turn all dungeons into Fractals like they did with LWS1 dungeons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1