WvW and Legendary items Hidden behind currency

23 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

I think a better solution would be to just add another legendary ring with a different way to acquire it (similar to Aurora/Vision). Conflux is fine as it is.

I'm kinda hoping they'll do one for whatever LW season comes after EoD (assuming there is one, I know they said there'd be another expansion supposedly).

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I'm kinda hoping they'll do one for whatever LW season comes after EoD (assuming there is one, I know they said there'd be another expansion supposedly).

im hoping more for a legendary aquabreather for lw1. cause its either crafting ascended which is wasting mats on it just to have the right stats, lucking out on a 1 in 1 bazillion rate wintersday only drop from personalized gifts for exotic (yes that's the ONLY exotic aquabreather in the game) or farming dumb snowberries.

• Sad 1

Since WvW rewards for outnumber have been change getting Skirmish tickets is a much slower process for newer players.  Granted the higher your level the more Skirmish tickets you get, but for those players that have been playing longer than newer players to WvW had an advantage over newer players due to how outnumbered used to work.    Yes Skirmish Tickets are locked behind playing WvW but gaining pips and levels is much slower for newer players.  The change to XP per kill has changed the mechanics in WvW, so now you are more likely to encounter people farming bags and XP instead of the larger rewards that come from keep and tower captures.  Something has to change to make it equally fare for the newer player on earning XP to get to those higher chest to gain those larger drops of Skirmish tickets.  I do not feel the cap should be raise on Skirmish Tickets because even in raids there is a cap on what you can earn in a week, but earning them should be equal to the newer player as it was for veteran players in WvW.

GW2 Wiki
Prior to the November 9, 2021 game update, while this effect was active, the player would gain 5 extra pips towards their Skirmish reward track progress per tick.

Edited by Quirin.1076
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:05 AM, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

im hoping more for a legendary aquabreather for lw1. cause its either crafting ascended which is wasting mats on it just to have the right stats, lucking out on a 1 in 1 bazillion rate wintersday only drop from personalized gifts for exotic (yes that's the ONLY exotic aquabreather in the game) or farming dumb snowberries.

Oof. I'm doubtful they would because water combat seems so abandoned, but it would be nice to see for the people who really want to have that finally, like yourself. I do wish they would revisit water combat at some point in general. I know it's a hard problem to tackle, to make vertical movement not feel janky in any game, and then there is the headache of extra balancing of abilities that they mostly seem to just ignore as an ability set. But I'd still like to see it. The state of water combat feels very "abandoned prototype" to me. It's kinda sad.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

You're rewarded for playing broader content of the game. If you refuse to play it, you just don't get the rewards, in no way it makes you somehow "penalized".

it's a copy paste of the original message , it was ironic....

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/30/2022 at 9:35 PM, Stajan.4581 said:

OK ANET need to fix what is required to make the legendary ring Conflux, you put it behind the longest waiting map currency in the game. You need a total of 2600 skirmish tickets to make conflux. Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game like it is a god kitten job, and with all the Rifle Mech crap that is going around on WvW it is impossible to even get close to getting those numbers. At present with the 2600 tickets needed at max chests you will need to full complete 7.1 weeks in a row. This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all. You need to fix this, if you want to keep conflux hidden behind the skirmish tickets than make them so you can sell them on the TP.  The same thing can be said for PvP. Some players just do not like those parts of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do them.   Please fix this over sight, and either one make the tickets able to be sold on the TP or give a second currency that can be used to make the ring and either or situation works just as well.......While your at it really really really look hard at the Mech they are all over the place and they need to be fixed the rifle is just WAY to OP.

Good point. Anet made a long grind for many things in the hope ppl stay and keep playing the grind. But its better for them to just ignore the torture and play a relax game. A legendary gen 2 can be crafted within 2 weeks if you have the gold. But these accesoires nonsence is ridiculous. They better have to make things more simple because the game is going in maintetance mode in a few years. Look at the quality expansions we see. Worse every new one. After EoD we got a battlepass. Ppl want more and more new. While they can keep players IF THEY make old content easy access like the ring you described. But they just keep it as it is and let ppl go away. 

the game is made for the real addicts. Or ppl who like their content. Wvw, raids en pvp.  I hope new legendary gear is sell able on the trading post. So if its crafted the person who crafted it gets the skin and then able to sell it on the tp. I always wanted legendary armor but dont care playing much anymore. I better play wow if i can then a game without loot drops. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Good point. Anet made a long grind for many things in the hope ppl stay and keep playing the grind. But its better for them to just ignore the torture and play a relax game. A legendary gen 2 can be crafted within 2 weeks if you have the gold. But these accesoires nonsence is ridiculous. They better have to make things more simple because the game is going in maintetance mode in a few years. Look at the quality expansions we see. Worse every new one. After EoD we got a battlepass. Ppl want more and more new. While they can keep players IF THEY make old content easy access like the ring you described. But they just keep it as it is and let ppl go away. 

the game is made for the real addicts. Or ppl who like their content. Wvw, raids en pvp.  I hope new legendary gear is sell able on the trading post. So if its crafted the person who crafted it gets the skin and then able to sell it on the tp. I always wanted legendary armor but dont care playing much anymore. I better play wow if i can then a game without loot drops. 

Omegalul. So you just want legendaries for free. If You don't want to do what is required to get the shinies, than simply don't do it, and go do what You enjoy instead. If You don't enjoy anything in this game, apart from some shiny trinkets, than by all means, do go back to WoW. Long term goals, helps to keep peoples engaged in content, it's healthy for the game, and in GW2 Legendary gear is not even required to do any content. You can run just as easy in Ascended or even Exotic.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

No

Please do 

First i have to finish battle pass for battlefield 2042. I meant content wise wow. But mmo asks too much time. So i play no mmo at the moment. 
for me its better to play solo rpg games so i cant get annoying by other players. And ofc battlefield is online only. 

btw i keep hoping that guildwars 2 gets better. If i had no hope then i left already. And yes maybe a bit addiction. Its sad that a once so good game is doing bad. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

First i have to finish battle pass for battlefield 2042. I meant content wise wow. But mmo asks too much time. So i play no mmo at the moment. 
for me its better to play solo rpg games so i cant get annoying by other players. And ofc battlefield is online only. 

btw i keep hoping that guildwars 2 gets better. If i had no hope then i left already. And yes maybe a bit addiction. Its sad that a once so good game is doing bad. 

You keep hoping GW2 turns into a game which it is not. You can keep hoping but those chances are slim. You're like the person who goes and enjoys the look of a shooter, then demands all guns be removed from the shooter and a turn based system gets implemented.

This game is a MMORPG. It certainly broke with some stereotypes. What it won't do is become NOT a MMORPG.

Also this topic was necroed from over 1 years ago: 1 year later...

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5