Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Legendary armor Suggestion


Recommended Posts

Can you please address wvw and pvp legendary armor?

 

Pvp and Wvw legendary armor are the only legendary gear in GW2 that does not have a unique skin.

They cost just as much in resources and time as raid armor to get.  

 

Suggestions:

1.       Give Pvp and Wvw Legendary armor unique skins. (ie not the same as ascended wvw/pvp skins)

 

Or

 

2.       Make raid skins purchasable with LI and currency.  This can be in a similar manner that pvp/wvw armor is purchased, allowing those who already have pvp/wvw armor to just purchase raid skin(s).  If needed, make completing the Envoy armor collection a requirement to purchase the other two armor class skins.

 

Or

 

3.       Provide Vender that lets players trade their pvp/wvw legendary armor for legendary raid armor, along with required LI and raid currency.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No people asked for legendary armor for their game mode and dident care about skins they wanted the functionality.

Anet listen since what took time was the skins for the raid ones they could easily implement it in spvp and wvw.

You knew before you made them that the skin were the same bud.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Linkin.  I am asking now.. and I am a person..... 

You do not speak for me or many other players, so please do not try to.  But thank you for your opinion.  

 

Pvp and wvw pips takes a significant amount of time to get.  I can get my my LI each week in much less time than waiting for pips. 

 

And NO, I did not realize the ascended version was the same as the legendary version.  As you said, ANET did not originally intend to implement legendaries.   And no one, knew how they would be implemented as the armory was released. 

 

Legendary crafting is somewhat complex... i mean, gift of might vs gift of condensed might?  how many different materials are required for a single piece? How many different currencies does gw2 have to complicate things? 

 

 One could assume pvp/wvw were different since every single other legendary in the game is unique. 

If people are paying 1000+ gold for end game content, they expect it to be unique. 

 

What i am asking for is not a stretch.  It doesnt take away from raid armor or the effort to get it.  It is asking to make it as unique as the rest of the legendaries in the game. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MrBean.6475 said:

Linkin.  I am asking now.. and I am a person..... 

You do not speak for me or many other players, so please do not try to.  But thank you for your opinion.  

 

Pvp and wvw pips takes a significant amount of time to get.  I can get my my LI each week in much less time than waiting for pips. 

 

And NO, I did not realize the ascended version was the same as the legendary version.  As you said, ANET did not originally intend to implement legendaries.   And no one, knew how they would be implemented as the armory was released. 

 

Legendary crafting is somewhat complex... i mean, gift of might vs gift of condensed might?  how many different materials are required for a single piece? How many different currencies does gw2 have to complicate things? 

 

 One could assume pvp/wvw were different since every single other legendary in the game is unique. 

If people are paying 1000+ gold for end game content, they expect it to be unique. 

 

What i am asking for is not a stretch.  It doesnt take away from raid armor or the effort to get it.  It is asking to make it as unique as the rest of the legendaries in the game. 

 

Yes and you a proving my and many others point that it was a slipperly slope to even introduce it into other game modes exactly because it never stop at we dont need skin we only want functionality.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have all three weights of WvW armor.  I don’t care that they are shiny or not.  I wanted, and got, the functionality  that I wanted.

 

It shouldn’t be the raid skin.  They did the raids to earn that.  If you want a skin that could change the look of the WvW armor, change it to an existing skin of some other armor with the thousands of transmutation charges most of us have that play WvW.  
 

Otherwise, leave the armor alone.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mrbean.5621 you’ll never outlast the raiders’ need to defend their exclusive loot. You’re blowing against the wind.

 

You guys are sort of missing the point... its only exclusivity is the proof that you earned Living Insight (LI).   LI is not special. 

 

I have about 700 LI and a single set of raid armor.  I continue to do Raids for fun and hope that i can get the remaining skins without spending twice as much as those who only crafted raid armor. 

 

I am not asking for it to be purchased without the LI or without doing raids. 

 

Linken.. I guess your pronouns are plural since you continue to them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MrBean.6475 said:

@mrbean.5621 you’ll never outlast the raiders’ need to defend their exclusive loot. You’re blowing against the wind.

 

You guys are sort of missing the point... its only exclusivity is the proof that you earned Living Insight (LI).   LI is not special. 

 

I have about 700 LI and a single set of raid armor.  I continue to do Raids for fun and hope that i can get the remaining skins without spending twice as much as those who only crafted raid armor. 

 

I am not asking for it to be purchased without the LI or without doing raids. 

 

Linken.. I guess your pronouns are plural since you continue to them.

Oh could you point out were in my 2 posts I referd to myself as them?

 

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You knew before you made them that the skin were the same bud.

If you mean this one I thought it was quite clear that we'r talking about multiple armor suits (light, medium heavy) as them

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Linkedin.. As Requested…underlined is plural.

 

“No people asked for legendary armor for their game mode and dident care about skins they wanted the functionality.

Anet listen since what took time was the skins for the raid ones they could easily implement it in spvp and wvw.

You knew before you made them that the skin were the same bud.”

 

In statement above, You implied “people didn’t care about skins” and “they wanted”

 --  Please speak for yourself and your opinion.  But you do not speak for me, you do not speak for all ANET employees, and you do not speak for all players or people. You do not speak most people, or most ANET.  You also presumed to know what ANET “could easily implement” and what "took time" or effort they expended to make the changes. Just don’t. Speak for yourself, not others please.

 

“Yes and you a proving my and many others point that it was a slipperly slope to even introduce it into other game modes exactly because it never stop at we dont need skin we only want functionality.

 

--Again… you are assuming to speak for others… Please don’t.  Here you refer to we instead of me and speaking as if you were more than one person.

 

Thank you for your opinion. Please let others speak up. If you would like to continue to discuss feel free to friend me for in-game banter.  You can show me how superior your dps is over mine on the training dummy.  That way I know you’re a better raider and deserve that exclusive skin more than a lesser wvw or pvp player.  Maybe you can fill in my static if im lucky (im serious, we always have at least 1 no show that wastes time).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MrBean.6475 said:

Can you please address wvw and pvp legendary armor?

 

Pvp and Wvw legendary armor are the only legendary gear in GW2 that does not have a unique skin.

They cost just as much in resources and time as raid armor to get.  

 

Suggestions:

1.       Give Pvp and Wvw Legendary armor unique skins. (ie not the same as ascended wvw/pvp skins)

 

Or

 

2.       Make raid skins purchasable with LI and currency.  This can be in a similar manner that pvp/wvw armor is purchased, allowing those who already have pvp/wvw armor to just purchase raid skin(s).  If needed, make completing the Envoy armor collection a requirement to purchase the other two armor class skins.

 

Or

 

3.       Provide Vender that lets players trade their pvp/wvw legendary armor for legendary raid armor, along with required LI and raid currency.

I agree that the pvp/wvw legendary armor sets are lacking a final skin set compared to the other armor and any other legendary in the game.

Also of note: Some other responders are preemptively against the idea and have long been un-open to the topic so be aware it will get some unusually aggressive negative posters who post ALLOT.

 

Here is an old thread from a last July on the topic.

 

 

And Another Thread on the same Topic that was also trolled untill it died.

 

 

 

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing how it was barely put into the game after much back lash at not having another way of getting legendary armor. Anet said they would not be making it flashy, that it would only be for functionality. The players then were happy to have more then 1 way to get legendary armor didn't seem to mind. YES some players that are either new to the game mode, or the game in general. Get upset that the armor is not as neat or flashy. They will have to get past that or do the raids to get the transforming armor. As a person who did Raids for 1.5 sets of legendary armor and WvW for the other 1.5 sets. None of my armor even has legendary skins on them.

If someone wants the raid armor skin they will need to do the raids. Just like if someone wants the WvW Mistforged Triumphant skins or PvP for the Mistforged Glorious armor skins.
 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mazreal Blackknight.1564 said:

Seeing how it was barely put into the game after much back lash at not having another way of getting legendary armor. Anet said they would not be making it flashy, that it would only be for functionality. The players then were happy to have more then 1 way to get legendary armor didn't seem to mind. YES some players that are either new to the game mode, or the game in general. Get upset that the armor is not as neat or flashy. They will have to get past that or do the raids to get the transforming armor. As a person who did Raids for 1.5 sets of legendary armor and WvW for the other 1.5 sets. None of my armor even has legendary skins on them.

If someone wants the raid armor skin they will need to do the raids. Just like if someone wants the WvW Mistforged Triumphant skins or PvP for the Mistforged Glorious armor skins.

 


 

 

No argument there..

I dont understand why people troll the topic.  

Im not asking for a free raid skin, just make the armor legendary.  Guild wars isnt called fashion wars for nothing.  Just hoping devs take to the idea. 

I normally use an ugly outfit instead of my legendary armor and have poor fashion.  Want all the skins!  Just because. 

 

Exclusive or not, ANET appears to want people to have access to raid armor, or they wouldn't have patched strikes for LI and the difficulty scaling of a weekly raid wing. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wvw has the upgraded mistforged skins that you buy with extra currency (not sure how you get the extra skins in spvp). Not the same as a special skin, but its something. They are hard to get to look good, but if you match your weapons and dyes well you can get solid results.

For adding new skins... If the modes were in a good state and were being cared after, sure why not. Making a few raid players angry cause you spent ~300 hours (assuming gold or above rank) to get a wvw legendary skin set? Resp. ~175 hours (assuming plat rank and relatively good performance) in conquest? Who cares honestly, pve players are gonna complain about everything that doesn't force others into their boring game mode.

But the competitive modes are not even on life support at this point. If the devs are going to invest any effort into them, it has to be balancing of some sort (population balance, profession balance, anything).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not just let us "pay a bit" for the skin of legendary raid armor if we already got pvp/wvw legendary armor. 
Because well my problem atm is ive got lege pvp armor. And ive actually started to do raids with the new awsome buff. But there is simply no point for me to make raid legendary armor now, cause i wont get the full potential of a second lege armor by doing it.
 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MrBean.6475 said:

Linkin.  I am asking now.. and I am a person..... 

You do not speak for me or many other players, so please do not try to.  But thank you for your opinion.  

 

Pvp and wvw pips takes a significant amount of time to get.  I can get my my LI each week in much less time than waiting for pips. 

 

And NO, I did not realize the ascended version was the same as the legendary version.  As you said, ANET did not originally intend to implement legendaries.   And no one, knew how they would be implemented as the armory was released. 

 

Legendary crafting is somewhat complex... i mean, gift of might vs gift of condensed might?  how many different materials are required for a single piece? How many different currencies does gw2 have to complicate things? 

 

 One could assume pvp/wvw were different since every single other legendary in the game is unique. 

If people are paying 1000+ gold for end game content, they expect it to be unique. 

 

What i am asking for is not a stretch.  It doesnt take away from raid armor or the effort to get it.  It is asking to make it as unique as the rest of the legendaries in the game. 

 

Saying you didn't realise it was the same skin as it's precursor is redundant... you can preview all legendary armour via the bank wardrobe tab.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WvW/PvP armor requires only time to get. If you put a shimpanzee behind the keyboard, then given enough time, it can get WvW/PvP armor eventually since there is no baseline requirement.

PvE armor requires you to have teamwork, tactics and skill (i.e. you actually need to git gut). It is far more complex to get. 

Giving the WvW/PvP armors unique skins and animations would instantly kill 80% of raiding playerbase.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Why not just let us "pay a bit" for the skin of legendary raid armor if we already got pvp/wvw legendary armor. 
Because well my problem atm is ive got lege pvp armor. And ive actually started to do raids with the new awsome buff. But there is simply no point for me to make raid legendary armor now, cause i wont get the full potential of a second lege armor by doing it.
 

That's the same as saying "I crafted a legendary warhorn but i want this other legendary warhorn skin but don't want to put the effort in to get it."

 

If you want a new legendary aesthetic, just craft it.. it's that simple.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No people asked for legendary armor for their game mode and dident care about skins they wanted the functionality.

That's untrue. People asked, and devs answered that legendary armor can be implemented for those modes, but only without skin, because management didn't allow them to add a set with unique skin. Players said "well, that's bad, but at least it will be better than no legendary at all". Most in fact had then hope that a skin will be added later. Just like raiders hoped that many issues with Envoy skins would be fixed later.

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You knew before you made them that the skin were the same bud.

That was before armory arrived and made crafting more than one legendary armor set per weight pointless. Someone crafting an Envoy set now, when alredy having a WvW one, gets a skin, and only a skin. Someone crafting a WvW set when already having Envoy gets nothing at all. That was however not known before Armory introduction.

Ironically enough, someone that crafted two WvW sets before the armory introduction could have ended with a legendary set and envoy skin, because they got refund boxes with option to pick envoy pieces out of them. Someone with two envoy sets could pick runes out of those boxes. Someone with Envoy and WvW set did not receive any refund however.

Contrary to what some people want to claim, the issue of those sets not having their own skins is being constantly brought up since the time those sets were introduced first. So, no, claiming that "people wanted it" and "were okay with it" is a flat out lie.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea of WvW and PvP legendary armour having unique skins, but I'd want it to be unique, not the same as the PvE ones. For one thing I think the only part of the PvE ones I like is the light shoulders, whereas I like several of the WvW ones, especially the medium chest piece. I actually got the precursor for that just for the skin, and I'm planning to upgrade it to legendary at some point. So I'd prefer a skin which is an upgraded/adapted version of the existing one, rather than copying the PvE legendary. It would also help keep all 3 versions distinct.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Myralien.6754 said:

That's the same as saying "I crafted a legendary warhorn but i want this other legendary warhorn skin but don't want to put the effort in to get it."

 

If you want a new legendary aesthetic, just craft it.. it's that simple.

There's a potential (even if purely theoretical) gain from having 2 legendary warhorns (although currently, as far as i know, no sensible build with warhorn on both first and second weapon set exists). There's no use whatsoeer from having 2 legendary armor sets of the same weight however.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Myralien.6754 said:

That's the same as saying "I crafted a legendary warhorn but i want this other legendary warhorn skin but don't want to put the effort in to get it."

 

If you want a new legendary aesthetic, just craft it.. it's that simple.

Bad analogy tbh. I can actually equip 2 warhorns anytime. But i cannot equip 2 sets of legendary armor of same weight. 
Aaaaand they actually did similar thing with aurene legendaries where you can pay a bit and get a diff skin for legendary weapon. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...