Profession Balance: Next Steps and Preview of June 30 Balance Update

Josh Davis.7865

9 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Lucid Singularity: Increased the duration of alacrity applied by this trait from 6 seconds to 7 seconds. 

If I may make a suggestion, I think it'd be nice if after the overload finished casting, alacrity pulses for the remainder of the overload's ground aoe. I think this would help alacrity Tempest be more useable.

Very good to see a follow-up and some changes. It's appreciated, thank you.

Edited by TheBossVeigar.1306
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

As we mentioned earlier this week, we’ve added a follow-up balance update to our schedule for August 2. For that release, we'll be looking at addressing warrior banners and chronomancer’s relatively low damage output through chronomancer-specific traits and increasing the damage on core weapons (like the treatment ranger is getting today). Once we’ve released today’s hotfix we’ll move onto planning the details of this update. 

Please include reasoning (in either next weeks notes or Aug notes) for putting the extra 5% crit in Virtuoso traits instead of Dueling, where Chrono could access it as well!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Great stuff, I can't wait for the overview of the balance philosophy and the conversation with Cameron. I hope once the balance philosophy is laid out it will end the preferential and personal whims (mechanist, firebrand, etc) to some of the recent changes in the game.

Edited by LyraOrpheo.8450
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you for making these changes so quickly, this was definitely worth somewhat of a hotfix.

Since you likely read my comment about Herald's quickness I want to make a comment on the changes:

2 seconds instead of 1.5 helps a lot, but it does not actually make a difference in the skill usage - it simply gives a bit more quickness. The real problem was increasing the cooldowns. 15 second (12 with alacrity) recharges does not align well with 10 second legend swaps and players will still be forced to stay in one stance for 14-15 seconds even if the quickness output is higher.

Appreciate that you are iterating on it nonetheless!

Edited by Razor.9305
  • Like 8
  • Confused 4

22 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Draconic Echo: Increased the quickness duration applied by this trait from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds in PvE only. 

Honestly I don't think 0.5 more seconds will be enough. 4 seconds of quickness on 100% boon duration is not a lot especially since the quickness is on Glint and I don't think people want to camp Glint and spam every utility skill forever.  Honestly I think 4 seconds would be okay. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2