Profession Balance: Next Steps and Preview of June 30 Balance Update

Josh Davis.7865

The quickness buffs are not going to change anything for alac tempest and quickness herald. Heal tempest can't heal without aura share and DPS alac tempest damage is too low to compete with other alac specs. Herald need more base quickness and damage to be able to compete with other quickness spec too. Please just make them as good as alac mech and quickness firebrand.  

Edited by Hazell.2065
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, MissZenith.1970 said:

They're addressing the high skill FLOOR, not the ceiling. The irony of you dissing players for not wanting to learn something new when you completely misinterpreted what the balance changed is palpable.

Lowering the skillfloor is fine, but these changes also lower the skill ceiling by trading away the burst window for generic sustained damage to weapon modifiers, and that's saddening for players who played power soulbeast a lot in fractals and raids and enjoyed that aspect of it.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Castiel.9048 said:

Does this actually give hope to piano builds? Weaver? Catalyst? 

Will piano rotations actually be rewarding? 

Please confirm! 

From how often they nerf elementalists for any amount of damage...Likely not. I imagine at best they will just do competitive damage. Like 40k max, or they will get a weapon rework that makes you camp either fire or air for easy dps.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

There's a bug with Ele and the Air Traitline. It still only provides 5% crit chance additive in Air. 

Whereas the Alacrity change from 6 to 7 seconds actually went into effect. 

So just a heads up. Zephyr's Speed Trait is bugged

Edit: it's been changed. Please ignore

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The cause of the flashing on Mecha seems to be coming from Rifle Burst Grenade not Aerial Assault.  Rifle burst grenade needs to be removed from the auto.  Too many ways to take advantage of the explosion every second is I believe the reason for the OP of the rifle and the constant explosion animation that is causing complaints of visual noise.

Best fix would be to make rifle burst be 3 shots at between .45 or .5 damage, no grenade.  If you want to add a second explosion on the rifle, add it to Blunderbuss, or better yet Net Shot (for the lols).

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, pureblackfire.5390 said:

Warrior especially needs a lot of attention and more than some afterthought tick changes will fix. 

Meanwhile, Bladesworn is already back to benching 38.6k (the top power build currently).

Warrior just needs banners to not be mechanically garbage.

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Antina.5973 said:

Cool, that's a good start.

PS: please don't forget to address the epilepsy-triggering animation flashes on mecha https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/vnqeuz/epilepsy_and_seizure_warning_mechanist_animation/

It's no joke. Several people in Dragonstorm with me earlier tonight were complaining about all the mechs blasting triggering visual headaches and seizures, and at least one definitely dropped out because of it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Barraind.7324 said:

Meanwhile, Bladesworn is already back to benching 38.6k (the top power build currently)

Its pretty neat what happens when you stop having to couple yourself to a mediocre trait line because its required for banners.

Warrior just needs banners to not be mechanically garbage.

yea it's obvious the devs want everyone playing bladesworn, mechanist, virtuoso, harbinger and firebrand.  want a cookie?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff
47 minutes ago, Antina.5973 said:

PS: please don't forget to address the epilepsy-triggering animation flashes on mecha https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/vnqeuz/epilepsy_and_seizure_warning_mechanist_animation/

This is fixed in the hotfix that's being prepped.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

Please consider consulting experienced players for individual balance of specific specs. I'm sure we're all eager to provide whatever you need within minutes of dming us on Discord! 🙂

Thanks for trying to fix everything - besides is there anything planned to help Holo a bit too?

Edited by Xyonon.3987
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Great follow up and thanks to you and your dev team for such a quick turnaround on this hotfix!

I've seen a few comments here and elsewhere about having a shorter release cycle. As an engineer working in industry, I 100% understand the difficulty of getting through release processes in a timely manner while ALSO ensuring a high degree of quality assurance. I've seen time and time again issues and bugs slip by because a customer wanted something really fast...

Just as a thought, it might help the community understand if you were able to share and elaborate a little on what your processes are like, not to mention the long hours I'm sure your developers are putting in to make the releases on time. I think people sometimes undervalue or don't understand the hard work that's needed to make such frequent changes and sometimes at such a large scale. Burnout is a huge issue amongst game developers in the industry and I think a lot of people forget about that when they ask for more and more changes, faster and faster.

I see you and I appreciate you all! <3

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Antina.5973 said:

They would also have to remove the confetti infusion, Frostfang animation and about 20 other animations that have been in the game and triggered seizures on people. Hint: Anet will never remove infusions from being forced to show on others whether we like it or not.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Castiel.9048 said:

Does this actually give hope to piano builds? Weaver? Catalyst? 

Will piano rotations actually be rewarding? 

Please confirm! 

I loved Weaver when it was in it's prime. After heavy nerfs I quit pvp. Then fell in love with Catalyst. kitten rollercoaster of being able to enjoy advanced level of play.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Some good changes here and a fast implementation from the last patch. Appreciated to see such a fast response to the situation. 

I would ask though, is there any plans here regarding warrior. 

Warrior since the banner change up, not only now has lost any level of meta build availability, but isn't even good as a pure dps option. 

I won't delve hugely into the pvp situation of warrior, mostly because this update is quite obviously not aimed at the pvp game modes. 

But warrior in pve content is in a rather critical state right now given 

- banner gameplay is still very much unliked, it feels incredibly outdated. 

- quickness application isn't exactly amazing. 

Would you guys consider

Merging banners and shouts? 

So shouts apply the buffs and quickness uptime. This would remove the banner chasing gameplay and allow us to simply use CDs for boon builds alike other proffessions. 

I get banners are something from the beginning concerning warrior. But continously running around picking banners up and moving them to provide a buff which means we have less uptime then any other quickness provider is kinda a redundant concept. 

• Like 6

Is there consideration for looking into Holosmith? It is currently overshadowed by Mech, while being forced into melee range and managing heat. It's in a similar space to Chronomancer's low damage which is confirmed for changes. I know the engi community would love this

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ErisianMoon.1740 said:

I appreciate the willingness to amend mistakes through hotfixes and I hope you commit to the effort of amending this enormous mishap. 

What I am personally not happy about is the apparent direction the balance is taking, however.
Soulbeast having a high skill ceiling through burst was by no means a bad thing. Catering to people who do not wish to put the effort to learn something, despite the myriad of help sites like SC, LN, dT, is. I will await to see your post about balance to see if I wish to continue this game at all for that reason. Dumbing down to cater to a select crowd while hurting everyone who has been around a long time and has done the effort of learning gw2's combat system will not help your game.

Let's not act like this hasn't been a pattern. 

Backstab has nerfed by about 40% minimum, due to players with the situational awareness of a baked potato. Stealth, without using utility skills or full on depleting Initiative with Heartseeker in a smoke field, was 2-4 seconds, depending if you had SA. But of course, that's beyond so many people. 

Bulwark Gyro is no longer a personal defensive utility skill. Again, cause of players with the game sense of a baked potato. Literally just hit the gyro for free. All anyone had to do.

But of course, the devs, with their infinite wisdom, instead of assisting newer or less skilled players with better tutorials, or helping lead those players to player-maintained resources (GW2 forum threads even if not outside web sites for obvious reasons), decided to nerf things that people were too bad to deal with properly. So, the players with game sense were kicked in the shins.

Edited by xavios.3601
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Xyonon.3987 said:

Please consider consulting experienced players for individual balance of specific specs. I'm sure we're all eager to provide whatever you need within minutes of dming us on Discord! 🙂

Thanks for trying to fix everything - besides is there anything planned to help Holo a bit too?

No they shouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As an (ex) ranger main, I don't think any number will fix the issue that now there is 10% crit chance and 15% damage output of difference between flanking and not flanking, especially since most of the new content has enemies you can't usually flank. So now the benchmark on golem will be even more inflated and detached from reality. I guess it's not a problem for me since the only fun thing about that class was planning and executing the burst with owp, I now embraced the superior orange class and do 40k dps while alt-tabbed.
Also, did you know that untamed is a ranger spec too?

Edited by fondentenero.7893
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1