can someone explain why they changed rifle so much on engi?

1 is now a machine gun with an underbarrel attachment? (i didnt know about the patch till later today i was getting shot by an engi who apparently had an AK47 instead of a single shot rifle)

2 swapped with 3 why?

3 swapped with 2 why?

4 unchanged? unless i missed something

5 range increase fine w/e no issue

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

1 is now a machine gun with an underbarrel attachment? (i didnt know about the patch till later today i was getting shot by an engi who apparently had an AK47 instead of a single shot rifle)

QoL, I suppose they also wanted it to be able to trigger the Aim Assisted Rocket trait more consistently the moment it comes off cooldown.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

2 swapped with 3 why?

3 swapped with 2 why?

I'd assume this one has to do with Rocket Punch now being tied to weapon skill 3 in general which for rifle would work better with the old skill 2 then the old skill 3.

Edited by Tails.9372

On 7/1/2022 at 2:21 AM, Tails.9372 said:

I'd assume this one has to do with Rocket Punch now being tied to weapon skill 3 in general which for rifle would work better with the old skill 2 then the old skill 3.

The rocket punch was set to be used alongside a crowd control effect:

mace stun into rocket punch

Rifle net into rocket punch

Pistol blind into missed rocket punch (in theory pistol should maybe cripple or so to streamline this)

On 7/1/2022 at 1:56 AM, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

2 swapped with 3 why?

3 swapped with 2 why?

basically, the original rifle had low damage, and consists of effectively no real defensive option unlike other weapons, as such it makes sense that the rifle would therefore be a very high damage output as the tradeoff for lower defense, it is essentially a high risk high reward weapon but before it was just high risk little reward due to it's extremely weak damage output.

keep in mind the warrior axe for example is like this and can basically double the engi rifles damage if it wants usually with an even higher risk threshold.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:56 AM, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

2 swapped with 3 why?

3 swapped with 2 why?

So they changed the autoattack lol.  They didn't do anything to it. It's only "different" because permanent passive quickness and a free passive bonus attack without any resource to manage output is going to make anything dumb.  GW2 player perception is about as deep as a mud puddle on a hot summer day.  It's not that anet changed a lot, GW2 is just so shallow that any change is going to rock the boat like a rogue wave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marxx.5021 said:

Last patch was about personal preferences. Whatever some designer likes to play gets buffed. You can also spot what specs they don't like to play ;-).

No sh*t sherlock, the leaks shows that it was the case for a long time

13 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Cuz pvers wanted a power build, they cant split design changes only numbers. They prolly knew it would be strong pvp, but released it this way anyways

Tbh, we now have a precedence case in which they split design changes instead of just numbers.

Catalyst air jade sphere still pulses quickness by default in PvP, but has the quickness replaced with fury in PvE and you need to take a grandmaster trait to get the quickness back there.