Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Rifle auto attack speed bugged or stealth nerfed (includes numbers for comparison)


Xyonon.3987

Recommended Posts

Context: Rifle auto attack was bugged since they changed it, the grenade dealt less damage than intended. They did fix that just now but (maybe given how opressive the weapon was in pvp) they also reduced the attack speed of it. This is so heavy, it's straight back to where we started before tha changes (-10% total damage last patch). Here some auto attacks to compare to:

 

Rifle 100%

Grenade 112%

Mortar 132%

Bomb 144%

Mace 156%

 

If their intention was to make it a solid auto attack, they did it until today. Now we're back to better using kits for ranged autos instead. Not sure how intended this change was so I wanted to share. 🙂 Cheers!

Edited by Xyonon.3987
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Xyonon.3987 changed the title to Rifle auto attack speed bugged or stealth nerfed (includes numbers for comparison)
2 minutes ago, God.5728 said:

I hope this is actually a bug and not a stealth nerf they sneaked in. 😡

Even the new recoil animation look ridiculous.

Doesn't seem to be a bug, considering that they also changed the tooltip to say 1 second now....

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if the AA is back to where it was before then what's the point of the mech and the upcoming AAR nerf? It's just a round of nerfs in disguise under the banner of "we wanted to increase viability of power mechanist builds" coupled with some QoL buffs (which I do appreciate).

  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They changed it to 1 second instead of 0,75 seconds.... And they didn't even bother to put that into the hotfix preview.

Wow, so much about the "communication" here. They sneak in nerfs without telling us.

Tooltips on cast time are generally wrong. I do frame counting so the actual cast time was 1.0 and now is 1.24. So yea - big oof. 😞

Edited by Xyonon.3987
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being missing from the patch notes is probably a mistake. Anet HQ seems on fire right now, so I imagine this was a future nerf that came in too soon.

I just came back today and rifle feels ridiculously good and kinda nuts only to find out this is the nerfed version?

Rifle is definitely better than before.

 

Edited by lorddarkflare.9186
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lorddarkflare.9186 said:

Being missing from the patch notes is probably a mistake. Anet HQ seems on fire right now, so I imagine this was a future nerf that came in too soon.

I just came back today and rifle feels ridiculously good and kinda nuts only to find out this is the nerfed version?

Rifle is definitely better than before.

 

It's now at just about the same level, it just feels more satisfying to use, as it's not the slow hip-shot you're used to.  You've come back to the version that is about 33% worse than the original iteration, which was somewhat competitive with kit auto attacks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not only does it look like my character is going to shake herself apart while using it, the damage is once again trash. 

 

And they didn't even bother to announce it via the notes, yeesh. Hoping this is just an unintended change and it'll be fixed, otherwise what was the point in all that effort to refresh the rifle.

Edited by iateacat.3874
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, iateacat.3874 said:

Not only does it look like my character is going to shake herself apart while using it, the damage is once again trash. 

 

And they didn't even bother to announce it via the notes, yeesh. Hoping this is just an unintended change and it'll be fixed, otherwise what was the point in all that effort to refresh the rifle.

Right?   Fixing the animation/fire rate, fine, nerfing the damage that was finally up to par? sad

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well this is a no from me. I just gave my deadeyes rifle to my mech because the 28th lost me a bunch of stealth and they nerf mech the day after..... Uh, I don't feel like logging in tbh. Just saying I played everyday for hrs a day but i just don't want to deal with this stuff. It feels bad.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mincsk.6028 said:

Well this is a no from me. I just gave my deadeyes rifle to my mech because the 28th lost me a bunch of stealth and they nerf mech the day after..... Uh, I don't feel like logging in tbh. Just saying I played everyday for hrs a day but i just don't want to deal with this stuff. It feels bad.

It's too early to say that it's too bad now. Aim assisted rocket is going to be nerfed one more time in august 😄

Really love the approach of anet: people kitten around crying 'MECHANIST IS TOO STRONG!!!111' - anet like 'Ok let's nerf it to the kitten 😄'

 

But anyway i'm going to continue playing it before it get nerfed to the veeeery deep hole.

Edited by LunieL.1738
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think what is interesting about the rifle now is that it has additional projectile combo field chances than it did before. I wonder if that 20% chance in our own combo fields can pull off anything relevant.

Do these numbers also include RNG bleed damage from explosions and critical impacts? Grenades and rifles seem to have those as the edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like what i wrote in the topic of the "hot fix patch" today, people get high flare and high sound and think the class became top dps, but unfortunatelly, wasn't so, and now, we get a nerf on the basic damage that get the mecha on the sub par dps branch. (before, was in the middle at least, and totally not the top dps, BUT the new animation deceived people thinking it was a lot stronger than the reality).

ATM, mecha power get a big nerf, (condi was nerfed before) and unfortunatelly, in august they will nerf it even more...... but don't worry, condi fb and condi willbender appear to be in the same bad situation after the "real test" was done (and not "totally ok and 0 nerf" like many people wrote in the patch preview topic without even testing them with the golem); it appear that the lost of 5% burning damage + banner and spirit lost was more problematic than imagined.

On the strange side, bladesworn (warrior elite) appear to be the top power dps against the test golem........

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knowing Anet......its probably a stealth nerf as intended......

 

They love to suck the fun out of a class as soon as the majority of players, that don't play Mechanist, start crying "OP....OP....OP"

 

Boohooooooooo.......

Edited by DylanLucas.6058
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was hoping for some Quickness rife scrapper gameplay. Unfortunately it still benches way lower than hammer. Rifle still fails as a power weapon, and no one will run it even on the "OP" Mech build after the AAR nerf in August. 

The best part is, people are so blinded by their hate of mech that it's unlikely it will ever get addressed. Instead more core nerfs are likely to bring down mech some more. 

Questioning if I should move onto another game with better devs and a community that isn't blinded by Tall Poppy syndrome. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Was hoping for some Quickness rife scrapper gameplay. Unfortunately it still benches way lower than hammer. Rifle still fails as a power weapon, and no one will run it even on the "OP" Mech build after the AAR nerf in August. 

The best part is, people are so blinded by their hate of mech that it's unlikely it will ever get addressed. Instead more core nerfs are likely to bring down mech some more. 

Questioning if I should move onto another game with better devs and a community that isn't blinded by Tall Poppy syndrome. 

 

I understand you feeling........

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, LunieL.1738 said:

take you time, it's still not that bad, at least till August when they nerf mechanist and core specs to the kitten 😄

Lol thanks and I like to see every profession get some love.   I was genuinely curious to see if I roll my face on the keyboard how many mobs I can mow down.  Quite a few!  It really is fun though, love my renegade but this is a nice change in game play.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...