To be honest about rifle and turret

XenMaster.7165

I wish Turrets get some love. I want my turrets deal decent damage temporary (with duration before it disappear). Make turret hp lower so they become glass cannon.

Turrets are what kinda dragged me to play engineer, not the rifle. Or ya know,

Scale the stats for the turrets?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The forum is full of rework suggestions for turrets to make them playable. All these years, Anet didn't care to even try to do something with them. It's very unlikely that this will ever change at this point.

Kinda weird when they added mechanist an engineer's strong specialization but never done something to turret?

• Like 1

The moment they buff turret people will go crazy. Look at the rifle change, everyone was screaming rifle is OP while showing golem benchmark on Mechanist.

But not a single soul played Holosmith, Scrapper or core Engi with rifle and came here to say "Yep rifle is OP". Of course that is without counting the troll we often see here who take their engi, press the high damage keybind and scream "look at how OP it is".

And the cherry on top, Anet did not even bother to mention the nerf in their patchnote. Is it because they forgot ? Or they thought we wouldnt notice anything ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/1/2022 at 12:15 AM, XenMaster.7165 said:

I wish Turrets get some love.

As much as I would like turrets to be stronger in general, after seeing what they did with warrior banners, I don't trust Anet to make turrets better. I'd rather they have niche uses on a few various builds than have no use at all.

• Like 2

Doesn't power sword Holo use the Rifle Turret for its toolbelt skill? That's good enough to never touch for the next year.

After that they will nerf it cuz niche skill bad.

Unless the contracts with NCSoft ran out by then and Anet can finally stop pretending to care. That was a joke, please don't send the frighteners.