As an Engineer, thank you Arenanet.

SolarDragon.7063

14 minutes ago, SolarDragon.7063 said:

It might have taken 10 years, but you finally taught Engineers how to aim a Rifle somewhat correctly.

Hip Shot has been the bane of my existence for years, it had the worst animation in the game. Deleting it was the best change ever, 10/10, love you forever.

I love everything about this post, except the fact they brought the damage levels up to par then nerfed it without notice.  Still, rifle is much more pleasing to use, if you stomach the dps loss from using something else.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Horky.2507 said:

I love everything about this post, except the fact they brought the damage levels up to par then nerfed it without notice.  Still, rifle is much more pleasing to use, if you stomach the dps loss from using something else.

Imagine caring about mechanics when we finally don't look like idiots! =D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SolarDragon.7063 said:

Imagine caring about mechanics when we finally don't look like idiots! =D

Benchmarks | Snow Crows   Imagine being something simmed at levels that aren't even shown on this page being nerfed while other people are complaining their entire profession, which is on the higher end,  isn't worth using?  I really don't understand what is going on or what is inducing this absolutely bonkers amount of outrage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Horky.2507 said:

Benchmarks | Snow Crows   Imagine being something simmed at levels that aren't even shown on this page being nerfed while other people are complaining their entire profession, which is on the higher end,  isn't worth using?  I really don't understand what is going on or what is inducing this absolutely bonkers amount of outrage.

Engineer bad is the newest fad.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, SolarDragon.7063 said:

It might have taken 10 years, but you finally taught Engineers how to aim a Rifle somewhat correctly.

Hip Shot has been the bane of my existence for years, it had the worst animation in the game. Deleting it was the best change ever, 10/10, love you forever.

Now if only warriors got the same treatment. We are engineers, we just build stuff. Combat with weapons should be more the warriors thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Thanks for this change Anet.  The rifle was always the weapon of last resort for me on my eng, I only used it when I wanted to range something.  It feels like it kills faster (at a speed I can auto-kill things on other classes), whereas before it felt slow to me.  Thank you so much! 😄

I really miss old rifle on engi, i am not a soldier i am a girl with a gun who makes stuff. Hip shot felt thematic the new auto attack seems like it was meant for warrior but then they realised they were about to kill that class so gave it to Engi.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:34 AM, Horky.2507 said:

Well,if they ain't engineers,they ain't worth using...obviously  😄

On 7/1/2022 at 12:58 AM, SolarDragon.7063 said:

I have one of each profession and for me, engineer was the worst, with Warrior barely squeaking ahead. My playstyle would not sync up to what the engineer had to offer at the time. With the mechanist update, it was 'better,' but still not enough to get me through playing for long until the rifle update. Finally, I could hold my own and still have fun. Even with full berserkers and a mix of ascended/legendary, I wasn't pulling the damage numbers folks were displaying and/or complaining about. And I could tell the difference between pre/post nerf, but it wasn't terribly so (again, probably based on my actual play style,)  but it hasn't impacted me too much.

But the salt! OMG, so much salt! I'm still having a blast with it, and though I won't main it anytime soon, the mechanist/rifle combo moved my little engineer way up the list! Good times for now! 😄

After being the dumpster fire of GW2 for the first 4-5 years, it's great to see it getting love. The first real awesome change was Holo, but you have to stay Holo actually have fun playing engie, then they finally gave use the gyro rework we've been asking for and the Med Kit rework! And now also the rifles.

Now Anet, two more (big) things for Engie to fix:
- Turrets

- Bomb kit (a.k.a. Rainbow Poop kit)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/1/2022 at 1:34 AM, Horky.2507 said:

Because the average player doesn't know what they are talking about. I said it in another forum thread already but open arc dps in any pug or in open world and you will see what percentage of the player base on a good day, has any clue what they are doing. Its less than the amount of people shouting that something is overpowered. People who are more involved are usually complaining about mechanics more than numbers. 

On 7/9/2022 at 3:52 PM, Holly.8190 said:

I really miss old rifle on engi, i am not a soldier i am a girl with a gun who makes stuff. Hip shot felt thematic the new auto attack seems like it was meant for warrior but then they realised they were about to kill that class so gave it to Engi.

As much as I make great use of power mechanist now that the rifle auto was reworked, I do have to agree with you here. Like, yeah, it performs great, but the class flavor doesn't really match it.

Personally, my idea for Engie was always "smart but overall regular folks just doing there best in a world where magic is the norm," it's why 'hipshot' felt appropriate because engies weren't necessarily meant to be highly trained combatants to the level of Warriors (also, the lack of recoil animation and the absolutely jittery look with quickness is wack). 

However... it's an absolute blast going daka daka daka daka with the rifle now.

23 minutes ago, Holly.8190 said:

I am probably the odd one out but since the change i have stopped using Rifle on any of my builds, its just not fun for me anymore. Luckily Scrapper has an Awesome Hammer and Holo a Lightsaber so i can still enjoy my power builds.

And mechanist has a .... fist.... thingy.... what the hell where they thinking with that weapon design?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/20/2022 at 5:03 PM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

They fixed the recoil animation, and now I can't stop thinking how many concussions per minute is my character experiencing when using rifle xD

Cold War strike mission is basically living out my inner Vietnam ….. “get some…. Get some”