[deleted]

51 minutes ago, xlion.3065 said:

Why don't you, too? Please stop pasting pre-formatted text into your posts.

Thank you so much for this post!

I was rolling my eyes over said dev post and considered for a second to bring the topic up -- but since that didn't help with forum users in the past (example), I didn't feel confident it would change anything in this case, either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, xlion.3065 said:

Why don't you, too? Please stop pasting pre-formatted text into your posts.

That's an issue with dark mode, actually. That pre-formatted text was initially made under dark mode and moved to another post - and for some reason when you do that, dark mode formatting follows along. It does not happen the other way, btw, which strongly suggests it is an issue with how dark mode got implemented.

It happens as well sometimes with chain quoting when some users are on dark mode and some aren't.

• ArenaNet Staff

This is partly on me, sorry everyone! There is a persistent formatting issue that I've been working with some others to solve, and I forgot to warn Stephane about it yesterday. 

I know it's super annoying and I am trying to get it resolved! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, peachyspace.1846 said:

Just stop complaining because behavior like this start to be a controlling.

A controlling...what?

I'm guessing you don't use dark mode. The post is unreadable. We shouldn't let them know this is a problem?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peachyspace.1846 said:

It start to be a controlling behavior. Like idk since they made a mistake its like the heaven fell down upon everyone. They are human,they make mistakes like everyone else,and this dark theme mode is least important for the moment.

Yea and if noone spoke up they would not know there even is a problem.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, peachyspace.1846 said:

Just stop complaining because behavior like this start to be a controlling.

Have a look in a mirror would you?

"Stop complaining about [legit issue] because I don't want to read it/'I don't care (but more than enough to make a post anyway)'/'it doesn't bother me (because I don't use it)' and so you should not complain about it because I, randomperson.1846, don't like it if you do."

This part of the forums is very specifically assigned to do bug reports. This is a bug report. What are you even doing?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

This is partly on me, sorry everyone! There is a persistent formatting issue that I've been working with some others to solve, and I forgot to warn Stephane about it yesterday. 

Anyone who has coded anything or implemented software can understand this one. You move one wrong letter and suddenly everything is broken. I was wondering what that was about though lol. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

This issue is neither new nor is the cause unknown. Just don't paste pre-formatted (HTML) text into your posts. The forum software even warns you (pasted as rich text) and offers to paste plain text instead. 

Some rich text (HTML) examples ...
Dark text on light background
Light text on dark background
Dark text on unspecific background
Light text on unspecific background

Edited by xlion.3065
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• xlion.3065 changed the title to [deleted]