Arcane grandmaster traits have 2 power dps traits

Xionor.8963

As we now have the tempest alac builds I had a look at the arcane traits because with arcane you can keep staying in fire/earth as alac/condi. Sadly the mid and bottom grandmaster traits both give a straight power increase and no condi dps increase which should probably be changed to 1 condi and 1 power dps increase to chose from.

Also as tempest we have 2 traits which interact with shouts yet none of those reduce shout cooldowns.

Fire /d 5 and /d earth 4 could also need a condi attack. The fire one more so than earth 4because that one does atleast  CC so I can understand if that isn't supposed to be a dps skill but it still does okayish dmg with a power build so then why doesn't it do okayish dmg with a condi build.

Edited by Xionor.8963
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xionor.8963 said:

As we now have the tempest alac builds I had a look at the arcane traits because with arcane you can keep staying in fire/earth as alac/condi. Sadly the mid and bottom grandmaster traits both give a straight power increase and no condi dps increase which should probably be changed to 1 condi and 1 power dps increase to chose from.

Also as tempest we have 2 traits which interact with shouts yet none of those reduce shout cooldowns.

Fire /d 5 and /d earth 4 could also need a condi attack. The fire one more so than earth 4because that one does atleast  CC so I can understand if that isn't supposed to be a dps skill but it still does okayish dmg with a power build so then why doesn't it do okayish dmg with a condi build.

That's not entirely true though. Arcane Surge enables Arcane Power as the strongest core cdps utiity skill by a mile.

The master trait arcane shield is bugged for years now. It does not trigger the explosion component it should as far as I am aware and does not give the burn it should with arcane surge.

If you take the arcane healskill this will also do some dmg now.

Edited by Zunki.3916

2 hours ago, JPUlisses.8756 said:

I find funny that people just care about 1 spec and have no regard if it can affect other elementalist specs e.g. power weaver that are performing bellow.

How exactly would any of those changes affect power weaver in any shape or form that would matter? Power weaver doesn't use arcane and the additional condi damage would barely improve the dps especially as there is something called damage coefficient.

11 minutes ago, Zunki.3916 said:

That's not entirely true though. Arcane Surge enables Arcane Power as the strongest core cdps utiity skill by a mile.

By giving you 150 ferocity and doing a 2k fire dot? You know the ferocity that increases crit damage. I just tested it and it does way less damage than glyphe of firestorm, glyph of lesser elements and signet of fire with elemental surge equipped.

Edited by Xionor.8963
  • Confused 2

Arcane line seems a bit odd as its less of an utitily line and more of an dmg line it dose not "fit" air line is the dmg line and it should have the burst dmg arcain skills and arcane line should have the utility of glyph. I like to see "stronger boon" on atument swaps over say more dmg.

2 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Arcane line seems a bit odd as its less of an utitily line and more of an dmg line it dose not "fit" air line is the dmg line and it should have the burst dmg arcain skills and arcane line should have the utility of glyph. I like to see "stronger boon" on atument swaps over say more dmg.

Putting the glyph trait on arcane would be a good change. I think if you want it to be more of a boon focused trait line it would need something unique like the aura share and passive healing of the water traitline. We already greatly overcap on might alteast with some weapons and the other boons you give as ele aren't that important as they are covered by other classes.

Edited by Xionor.8963

3 minutes ago, Xionor.8963 said:

Putting the glyph trait on arcane would be a good change.

You would need to change the names too lol. I would love to see glyph traits on arcain give self strong boons as well adding in condi/cc to glyph effects would be nice too.

1 hour ago, Xionor.8963 said:

By giving you 150 ferocity and doing a 2k fire dot? You know the ferocity that increases crit damage. I just tested it and it does way less damage than glyphe of firestorm, glyph of lesser elements and signet of fire with elemental surge equipped.

If I am not heavily out of touch that's not how it works.

YOU get 4 applications of around 4k burndmg (100% boonduration, might, condispecc, weakness), your party gets 2 applications each counting with your stats and towards your dmg.

Best case scenario:

• 45-50k dmg per use on a 28s CD arcane power with arcane surge, INSANE burst! No casttime, useable while stunned, can be precasted, should be used right before breakbar breaks
  • >20k dmg aoe with fire storm on a 20s CD, 1.25s casttime. In this time you can kick in 1-2 scepter AA, which is another 6k that could be counted towards AP dmg in comparison

I agree a better trait would be good, but don't underestimate arcane surge.

Edited by Zunki.3916

18 minutes ago, Zunki.3916 said:

If I am not heavily out of touch that's not how it works.

YOU get 4 applications of around 4k burndmg (100% boonduration, might, condispecc, weakness), your party gets 2 applications each counting with your stats and towards your dmg.

Best case scenario:

• 45-50k dmg per use on a 28s CD arcane power with arcane surge, INSANE burst! No casttime, useable while stunned, can be precasted, should be used right before breakbar breaks
  • >20k dmg aoe with fire storm on a 20s CD, 1.25s casttime. In this time you can kick in 1-2 scepter AA, which is another 6k that could be counted towards AP dmg in comparison

I agree a better trait would be good, but don't underestimate arcane surge.

I feel like you are a bit outdated. 45-50k per use is nothing. The top builds do 40k per second and good builds 32-34k.

My glyph also does 20k aoe damage on fire. I use Viper+Celestial as condi/boon tempest.

Even as just a power dps the dmg they do is low and the 150 ferocity buff they give isn't much. It is 10% more crit damage added to already +200% crit damage power specs have. So you have 210% crit damage for a short amount of time. The only meta build that uses one of those is power weaver but not with arcane traits.

Edited by Xionor.8963