Jump to content
  • Sign Up

What if cache keepers had more hp? [Merged]


Gibson.4036

Recommended Posts

Could the Drizzlewood cache keepers get a design pass to see how they scale with the possibility of giving them more health when large numbers of players present. They melt crazy fast, which makes it a hectic, frustrating experience for some players.

I have a griffon, so I can reach them in time. I know experienced players can manage on skyscale. But I don’t think I’ve done south without someone mentioning how frustrating it is getting left behind.

Scaling wouldn’t have to be drastically adjusted. On a full meta, if each keeper took even 30s to 60s longer to down it’d make it more accessible.

Post-Dragonfall champs could also use a look.

  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since there's a limited time window to kill them all, it's probably why they have a lower health pool.  Even with a skyscale or griffon, I frequently get there after they're dead...no issue just because I want to open the chests.  I still am amazed how fast some players get to them.  For players new to the map, trying for achieves, or without a flying mount it has to be very frustrating.   Another 30 to 60 seconds would be reasonable and barely noticable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Could the Drizzlewood cache keepers get a design pass to see how they scale with the possibility of giving them more health when large numbers of players present. They melt crazy fast, which makes it a hectic, frustrating experience for some players.

I have a griffon, so I can reach them in time. I know experienced players can manage on skyscale. But I don’t think I’ve done south without someone mentioning how frustrating it is getting left behind.

Scaling wouldn’t have to be drastically adjusted. On a full meta, if each keeper took even 30s to 60s longer to down it’d make it more accessible.

Post-Dragonfall champs could also use a look.

This would drag out an already very long meta. Is this just so some players can complete the achievement in a single run instead of two?  Is this really fair to other players to make the meta even longer?

  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at older content, for example the Great Jungle Wurm in Caledon Forest: This thing used to die very fast. This was due to the fact that it already became attackable while spawning (= rising). Due to the extreme damage-output of modern times, many players only happened to see its corpse when they did this worldboss. How did they solve it? They did not make it attackable for the first few seconds, giving more players the chance to give it a hit.

We are talking about delaying every keeper by 5-10 seconds at max. If you consider this too much, I would like to know what you spend this time with normally? 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Looking at older content, for example the Great Jungle Wurm in Caledon Forest: This thing used to die very fast. This was due to the fact that it already became attackable while spawning (= rising). Due to the extreme damage-output of modern times, many players only happened to see its corpse when they did this worldboss. How did they solve it? They did not make it attackable for the first few seconds, giving more players the chance to give it a hit.

We are talking about delaying every keeper by 5-10 seconds at max. If you consider this too much, I would like to know what you spend this time with normally? 

That’s probably a better idea than looking at scaling! And I expect it would be less work for the devs, too.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1: you can't air drop while flying

2: there are inconveniently placed invisible walls

3: they are near impossible to get to in time on a skyscale

4: it's still difficult even with a Griffin

 

Please this is ridiculous how fast they die and I have to deal with this ^is

Just 10% pls

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Infinity.2876 said:

1: you can't air drop while flying

2: there are inconveniently placed invisible walls

3: they are near impossible to get to in time on a skyscale

4: it's still difficult even with a Griffin

 

Please this is ridiculous how fast they die and I have to deal with this ^is

Just 10% pls

Wrong on practically all claims. I can’t remember if the first one is true or not otherwise I’d say you were wrong about everything. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main problem is players on griffons getting to the keepers way before anyone without one can keep up. The parachute drop with griffon is really strong. On skyscale I think you can still get there in time, if you are fast. Anything else though, gl.

I doubt increasing the HP will help much, your best bet is having a tag and asking in the squad to wait for most players.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Wrong on practically all claims. I can’t remember if the first one is true or not otherwise I’d say you were wrong about everything. 

 

You can't air glide whilst in the air or on a flying mount, that is true.

 

Skyscale is still fast enough to get there, however. It should still be like 80-90% if you air drop right away.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If so, I think they would need to add more to the timer as well. Even with people getting there fast and killing fast, I'd estimate I usually see 2-4 minutes to spare on timer when all are done for, which isn't much. If I'm not misunderstanding how the global countdown works, 60s to each could push it over to running out of time easily.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2022 at 8:16 AM, Hotride.2187 said:

The main problem is players on griffons getting to the keepers way before anyone without one can keep up. The parachute drop with griffon is really strong. On skyscale I think you can still get there in time, if you are fast. Anything else though, gl.

I doubt increasing the HP will help much, your best bet is having a tag and asking in the squad to wait for most players.

They don’t die instantly so it’s not like it matters. The key is to look at the map for the ping  and not sit there waiting for someone to tell you where to go. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I cannot finish "return to drizzlewood" because everyone rushes to cachekeepers and kills them in seconds. It takes me a while to run to each one. I think gating them for elitists to ruin the experience for others is completely unacceptable and the suggestions of "git gud with gryphon" aren't helpful. They really need to have these bosses scale based on map population or integrate them into the build up to the meta somehow (such as clearing a zone spawns them). I do not want to have to farm the south meta 12 times and camp at each cachekeeper location once each to get this achievement done. ANET PLEASE DO SOMETHING

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...