Just put the Skyscale in the shop [Merged]

I just wish it was FUN to get, and not just an arbitrary gold cost, time gate, and a grindy collection. I get that that's just what mmos do, but man, for most players, I can't imagine it's actively enjoyable to go through the process of getting it. Being finished? or using it? Sure, but the actual grind itself? I just can't see it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

Its a game-changer that def needs to be earned.

I guess I have to wonder, why? Why does it need to be earned? What would happen if suddenly everyone had easier access to Skyscales? Would the game just suddenly get boring for everyone? Would all of those people that got the Skyscale suddenly leave?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I guess I have to wonder, why? Why does it need to be earned? What would happen if suddenly everyone had easier access to Skyscales? Would the game just suddenly get boring for everyone? Would all of those people that got the Skyscale suddenly leave?

To make it worth while. Why should it be sold?

• Like 13
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, disco.9302 said:

I agree, skyscale should be in the gem store. 50k gems to make it fair for all the people who already have completed the quest line. Anything less would be ridiculous.

Sure but for every Skyscale unlocked with 50k gems all players that played the game to unlock it as intended should get 5% of those gems in return distributed equally among them.   Sure it probably be something like .01 gems per player but it would be funny to get fractions of gems and then watch the count go up very slowly if more players pay the 50k gems .   😆

Of course I'm joking.

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 3

31 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

Because selling it would be pure P2W, and a lot of people would feel pressured into buying one. I'm not against reducing the requirements to farm it in-game, but selling it is an absolute "no".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wintermute.5408 said:

Because selling it would be pure P2W, and a lot of people would feel pressured into buying one. I'm not against reducing the requirements to farm it in-game, but selling it is an absolute "no".

agreed, just selling it outright, no, but this idea that somehow it's a "premium" mount, and therefore must take a lot of hardwork and commitment (that just means gold, time, and grindy collections) is silly to me. Making it FUN should be part of the process, and I honestly don't get how making it easier to get would somehow destroy the balance of the game.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I also have to wonder why we have to do anything in game to receive rewards... What would happen if all content just got moved to gem store? Buy all your legendary gear, achievements, titles, skins, mounts, etc. Just flat out swipe my card every update they release and I get everything added without ever having to play. The dream.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Okhu.7948 said:

It would spit in the face of people who worked on it when it was difficult. Earn it like everyone else.

I "worked" for it. I wouldn't mind if it got reduced. It should still be harder to get the regular mounts, to not invalidate them completely. But things like charged quartz or 3 separate item hunts across DF have absolutely 0 value to them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

agreed, just selling it outright, no, but this idea that somehow it's a "premium" mount, and therefore must take a lot of hardwork and commitment (that just means gold, time, and grindy collections) is silly to me. Making it FUN should be part of the process, and I honestly don't get how making it easier to get would somehow destroy the balance of the game.

Fun is subjective. For my experience, it had fun and not so fun parts. There are also many ways to bypass parts of the achievements already.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I said the same thing when I first saw the wiki list of things to do to get the Skyscale. I decided to try. I will be  70 years old in August

and nothing more than average but now I have a Skyscale, and in all my years of playing games that is the one achievement I will never forget, nothing compares. It took me to every area of the map and pushed me to do things I would have never tried. Some things seemed impossible, and some were impossible for me to do alone, but people always helped. One thing I needed was so high in the sky I couldn't even  see it, you have to do a jumping puzzle to get up there. After many frustrating fails a Mesmer showed up and asked if I needed help. So he ported me up there and I was so happy I mailed him gold. That gold was returned the next day in the mail, because people will help because they want to. Did I not earn it because I had help? It is designed that you will need help on some things, there are just some encounters you cant do alone. You will know you earned it, and you will never regret the journey or the reward I promise you. Go for it.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Curtis.7890 said:

It took me to every area of the map and pushed me to do things I would have never tried. Some things seemed impossible, and some were impossible for me to do alone, but people always helped.

You should try legendary trinkets. Maybe start with Aurora. Unironically, they will be a blast for you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

The Skyscale didn't cost me  thousands of gold,  and thousands of materials, only a lot of time and effort. The Skyscale is worth the effort to me, the legendary items are not, but if they are to you I wish you good fortune. I am only speaking about what I have personally experienced. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

To give you a sense of accomplishment in an imaginary world.  Some people, myself included, actually really enjoyed the "grind" for the skyscale.  It's a legendary mount...why are all the legendary weapons and armor not just handed out?  Again, because that's they style of game it is.  And if everyone is legendary, then no one is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I just wish it was FUN to get, and not just an arbitrary gold cost, time gate, and a grindy collection.

For many that got it during the initial release, it was lots of FUN. Everyone going after the same thing, trying to figure out the next steps, helping each other, etc.

I guess it could be tedious if you're doing it by yourself, and everyone else already have them. But even so, very few would not feel a sense of accomplishments from obtaining it after a long journey. If every single difficult items to obtain are sold in the Gem store, then the appeal of the game will be lost. What's the point then? Just to explore? Farming for loots? What for?

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3