Just put the Skyscale in the shop [Merged]

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

The rate at which skyscale food sells tells me people are getting their skyscales just fine, contrary to what these perennial complaint threads might lead one to believe.

Never overestimate a handful of forum posters.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/2/2022 at 11:24 AM, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

The unlock quests for the Skyscale mount are beyond tedious. Just put the mount unlock in the Gem store and I'll just buy the damned thing. 

I agree with this. It was cool at first,  but I would hate to have to do all that again as a new player when the vast majority of players moved on from that content, which means players doing Skyscale now will have less help than we did back then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2022 at 12:44 PM, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

agreed, just selling it outright, no, but this idea that somehow it's a "premium" mount, and therefore must take a lot of hardwork and commitment (that just means gold, time, and grindy collections) is silly to me. Making it FUN should be part of the process, and I honestly don't get how making it easier to get would somehow destroy the balance of the game.

Fun is subjective. For some people SPvP is fun. If I had to do 1000 SPVP games for Skyscale, I would abandon that crap.  But for some people that's nothing 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Fun is subjective. For some people SPvP is fun. If I had to do 1000 SPVP games for Skyscale, I would abandon that crap.  But for some people that's nothing 

Sure but it's usable only in PvE so there would be no reason to put sPvP games as part of the requirement. Most legendaries have cross mode elements to it because you can use legendary gear in those modes as well. The Skyscale is just PvE only. OW only even.

Besides, what you need for getting the Skyscale is just a little patience for a couple of weeks. That's what this is always about in the end: a lack of patience. It's just like those over-dramatic people in chat that have completed Draconis Mons for Aurora and say "finally, I'm never coming back to this map ever again". And why? Because they had to do 4 easy hearts once a day for a couple of weeks. 

It may not be fun, but the choice is yours to do it or not. For me the fun is the sense of accomplishment at the end and then the use of the utility of the legendary.

But people want something and then they don't want to do what it takes. That's just a poor attitude if you ask me, especially if it's not actually that bad. Legendaries are about patience and just like the gen2 legendary weapons, the Skyscale is something you have to do yourself and can't buy off (at least not the achievements/collections part). Whenever someone comes here to complain about it, it goes on for days if not weeks. They could get very far with the Skyscale in that time.

Initially it may seem like a lot but you just have to keep doing stuff towards the end goal and at some point you realize, it's not that far anymore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/2/2022 at 8:56 PM, Silent.6137 said:

For many that got it during the initial release, it was lots of FUN. Everyone going after the same thing, trying to figure out the next steps, helping each other, etc.

I guess it could be tedious if you're doing it by yourself, and everyone else already have them. But even so, very few would not feel a sense of accomplishments from obtaining it after a long journey. If every single difficult items to obtain are sold in the Gem store, then the appeal of the game will be lost. What's the point then? Just to explore? Farming for loots? What for?

As guy that buys pretty much every skin in gem store on every rotation they throw, i wholeheartedly agree more with your take here.

Skyscale was absolute pain, sadistic collection, and i would like more of such content, majority of things is way too easy to achieve and gives no sense of accomplishment. 

Skyscale teases for days with those cooldowns, the constant movement in same circles to collect eggs, feed med... kitten was clearly made with intention to punish grinders, the minigames at the end convinced me that they tried to make it as painful as it can get, even mocking in a sense.

But in the end, gratification on aquiring such stuff it is what makes game fun, what keeps me playing, and what initially led me back to gw2 after trying every other mmo. 

Most of suggestion in these forums would kill gw2 imo, nobody is interested in games where u aquire kitten with no efforts, its literally the reason why most games flop. 

Less post makey, more farm makey. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I agree with this. It was cool at first,  but I would hate to have to do all that again as a new player when the vast majority of players moved on from that content, which means players doing Skyscale now will have less help than we did back then.

What help was needed?

Theres only a couple group events required, and people still do them.

• Like 2

Always find complains about the skyscale weird. Like it is just 1 or 2 weeks of play if you take it easy. And the things you do for the collection is basically just playing the game which should be what you are doing largely anyway.

You want currency? Farm the season 4 maps and their hearts or do Drakkar meta or do IBS strikes and exchange the currency. Or lastly just do story and get them by doing season of the dragon story achievements. You want the food? Either craft them or farm the gold to buy them. And to farm the gold you do open world or strikes or raids or fractals or TP flipping or what ever. You do not like PvE many of these you can do with PvP reward track. Takes more time but you do what you enjoy.

So  if someone finds doing all those options that tedious for a couple of weeks for the skyscale, what do they like about the game? Like what  would they be doing if not for the skyscale these two weeks?

Edited by Turin.6921
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Origami.1956 said:

this bit not the sneak

Welcoming your allies

Tomb of the Primeval Kings as seen from Allied Encampment.

Make your way back to where you entered the instance. You will have to defend the area around the portal until all five waves of your allies have arrived. One wave will arrive every time the area around the rift has been secured. You may continue to use Blish's Arm to kill enemies or you can decloak and use your normal weapon skills

you are the perfect example for me in another thread

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I finally decided to go for the Skyscale a few months ago and it took like a week and a half playing 1-2 hours a night. The time gates were by far the biggest hindrance in the process but besides that it was honestly pretty easy. The Return achievements/rewards really cut out a lot of grinding. 

Thing I've noticed though is that I dont even think the Skyscale is all that great. Dragonfall meta is really the only place I use it much.

Edited by Deadric.1427
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2022 at 12:01 PM, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I just wish it was FUN to get, and not just an arbitrary gold cost, time gate, and a grindy collection. I get that that's just what mmos do, but man, for most players, I can't imagine it's actively enjoyable to go through the process of getting it. Being finished? or using it? Sure, but the actual grind itself? I just can't see it.

If you do the "Return To" achieves (for a free legendary) you don't have to grind hearts for it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Deadric.1427 said:

Thing I've noticed though is that I dont even think the Skyscale is all that great. Dragonfall meta is really the only place I use it much.

Skyscale is probably the most used mount once acquired, replacing Raptor. You are probably one of the few who don't use it as your main mount.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/2/2022 at 6:24 PM, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

The unlock quests for the Skyscale mount are beyond tedious. Just put the mount unlock in the Gem store and I'll just buy the damned thing. 

As far I agree with you the tons of ppl who farmed it out won't be happy about so probably won't happen.

The only thing we can wish is that the next release of such type of ''feature'' will be tought over a couple of times before release and hope for the bests.

and as off-note it's amazing how much hate/flame you got as if  it's something absolute normal to spend tons of time grinding a virtual thing which in the end you lose when the game shuts down,be it 10 or 20 years...

As for suggestion,get the commander tag maybe mentor and do yourself as much farming you can with some help.

P.S I got both the Gryphon and the Skyscale and lucky for me I did in the good times where all the farms were up but if I had to start it now I would not do it any of them, better live without it. I helped a couple of new players who farmed things for Skyscale but lots of the trains stopped already.

When the trains will die out completely I wonder what the developers will do to refresh it... maybe add more achievement locked grind-walled things to go for...

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I used to think the same until I got my skyscale. Yes it can be a bit tedious, but not every single goal in game will be fun (besides, "fun" is subjective). I actually had a good time working on my skyscale. I really liked going back to core maps, or the puzzle in the dwarven rooms, or the overall feeling of having a goal to work on for the next few weeks. Believe me, when you finally get your skyscale, it feels so much better and looking back it's worth it (for me, of course). Every time I mount the skyscale, I remember how much I wanted it in the first place and how long it took me to finally start working on unlocking it. 

I personally don't care if from now on the skyscale can be unlocked by purchasing it. It might feel unfair, yes, but at the same time I'm happy with my journey to unlock it, and wouldn't regret it. But that's just me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Kinda reminds me of Elsword. Sure, you could unlock your master class through 3 days of grind (if you're lucky), or you could just shell out 10 bucks to skip the process.

It feels predatory. The only upside is that you can only unlock skyscale once, and you already need to shell out for all episodes of lws4 to unlock.

• Like 3

i was once at the point where i had nothing else to do in the game. t4 fractals completed for years, story caught up.

skyscale was welcome content to be completed over a 1–2 week timeframe.  tired of people still complaining about this years later.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, Rysdude.3824 said:

Its a game-changer that def needs to be earned.

I also procrastinated for quite a while ... then I decided to go for it. As I'm a casual player, it took me a month. Then I wondered if I would really use the Skyscale and my favorites are the Griffon and the Springer ... Now I find myself mainly using the Skyscale 🙂 So, in retrospect, the "grind" was worth the effort. Now it's Skyscale, Griffon, Springer ... and the Skimmer when on water. I rarely use the Beetle or the Raptor 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

Sir, this is not Guild Wars 2 : Immortal, your wallet gives you no advantage here.

lol, yes it does. You can skip 90% of the time to get a griffon by just buying 250 gold on the store and it gets you mount that's as good as the skyscale in most places anyway. The skyscale just makes it so you don't have to get off and use your springer to navigate heights, and even most of those you can hop up on the griffon without much trouble once you know how to use it. IMO it's more fun to use than the skyscale, but unfortunately you just end up using the skyscale for the convenience of it.     

And that's ignoring that you can buy gold to gear out characters in exotics in minutes, or even buy some legendaries if you have the disposable income. Being able to pay the skip the grind isn't exactly an unprecedented idea in this game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

Sir, this is not Guild Wars 2 : Immortal, your wallet gives you no advantage here.

You forget that there's a part in the skyscale grind where you can use a TP tradeable item to skip parts of it, so... wallet -> gems -> gems to gold...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

You forget that there's a part in the skyscale grind where you can use a TP tradeable item to skip parts of it, so... wallet -> gems -> gems to gold...

Of course, the two things people complain about the most, scales/medicine/eggs and LW4 currencies, are not shippable this way.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

For me, it's more like having a cold. I've mostly blocked it out of my memory, I just know it was something I wouldn't want to repeat.

I’ve done it twice. Once for myself, once with my son. If my daughter was interested, I’d do it all with her no problem.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 1