Just put the Skyscale in the shop [Merged]

I don't remember unlocking the Skyscale as terribly hard, following y YT guide to it. I would not want to have missed that experience though, it should stay as it is.

Once you have it, the game transforms. Yes, it's slow. but it gets you everywhere except on and under water. It opened up the HoT maps for me to 100% completion. It's this unique ability of it to go UP in a much more controlled way than the springer, and if you fall....well, you don't, since it flies.

I've got all mounts fully unlocked with their masteries, but unless a quest requires the use of a specific one, I end up using only three: The Skimmer for everything on and under water, the Siege Turtle for everything, well, siege and the Skyscale for everything else. Yep, Beetle is fast, but needs mostly flat ground, Raptor is similar. Springer has been made obsolete by the Skyscale. Jackal is a pain to use for me.

Well, of course I use the Bettle to smash through walls and the Jackal to pass sand portals.

18 hours ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

Yeah, For real. Just when you do like 80 items and you go. "Okay, that was like 20 hours. this 1/7 has GOT to be over now!" you find out there's more, and more, and more. and more. Like a house with a plumbing issue that leads to a den of rats that leads to a hidden chamber that leads to a hidden entrance to your neighbor's house.. That continues on and on never ending, and each time y our enjoyment and excitement becomes boredom. 

For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost, to see if he has enough to finish it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is unable to finish, all who see it will begin to ridicule him, saying, "This man began to build and was not able to finish!"

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost, to see if he has enough to finish it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is unable to finish, all who see it will begin to ridicule him, saying, "This man began to build and was not able to finish!"

For lo and behold, after 200 hours of articious grinding, the wise man lifted up the articles of creation. A spork. It could do any job, but not very well. But it could do any of them for people who could only eat with one utensil at a time and could not comprehend the use of multiple utensils. Which seemed to somehow be a quite surprisingly large amount of the population in fact!

Verily, he saith unto the others. "This object is the ultimate one. i hath spent 200 hours filing the edges, anyone who eats without a spork's life is complete, you will never hath to change a utensil again!"

The other person ate their steak dinner and chopped the steak with a fork in 2 seconds, Then the fork held it forever, without needing to land 4 times on the ground like the spork's gimmicky grip. While the other person was spending 4 minutes cutting a steak with a spork, the spoon user decided to do 3 loop de loops around the map, take a scenic tour of a mountain, visit some hidden caves, took a scenic dive into the ocean. And simply just wondered why anyone wanted a spork when every utensil did the job better except maybe spork specific related tasks. it just seemed like a clumsy tool but 90% of the population only wanted sporks, even though sporks required you to do a 200-400 part series washing the spork maker's house for some reason while you just bought the fork and spoon for a dollar.

After all.. You could do anything with a spork.. but not very well...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I kinda like how quite a few of these posts range from: 'No, you and everyone else should suffer as I did for this mount.'
Personally, I think the mount should be buyable or least have those dumb time gates removed. I, for lack of a better example refused to go through the pain to get the mount until a friend got fed up and simply dragged/forced me to do it, and even then, it was pain. 

Time gating anything is bad design. Wait for Gorrik - Or set amount to feed pet for XX days.

Really, what's the harm in it being buyable from the gemshop?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

For lo and behold, after 200 hours of articious grinding, the wise man lifted up the articles of creation. A spork. It could do any job, but not very well. But it could do any of them for people who could only eat with one utensil at a time and could not comprehend the use of multiple utensils. Which seemed to somehow be a quite surprisingly large amount of the population in fact!

Verily, he saith unto the others. "This object is the ultimate one. i hath spent 200 hours filing the edges, anyone who eats without a spork's life is complete, you will never hath to change a utensil again!"

The other person ate their steak dinner and chopped the steak with a fork in 2 seconds, Then the fork held it forever, without needing to land 4 times on the ground like the spork's gimmicky grip. While the other person was spending 4 minutes cutting a steak with a spork, the spoon user decided to do 3 loop de loops around the map, take a scenic tour of a mountain, visit some hidden caves, took a scenic dive into the ocean. And simply just wondered why anyone wanted a spork when every utensil did the job better except maybe spork specific related tasks. it just seemed like a clumsy tool but 90% of the population only wanted sporks, even though sporks required you to do a 200-400 part series washing the spork maker's house for some reason while you just bought the fork and spoon for a dollar.

After all.. You could do anything with a spork.. but not very well...

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but you aren't supposed to drink the toilet cleaner and you shouldn't snort asbestos.

• Haha 1

Lol, and this is what makes me happy. Most of the time, those in WoW and Sc2 who speak small words with big gusto are usually the players who are SO bad at the game,  their match histories are them losing 14 games in a row 🤣, followed by proclaiming their "skill", entering a replay where they were carried 90% by their 800 kill to 55 kill "skilled gameplay", and the replay is just them sitting in a base afk lmao. 

Believe or not, most other players from there are a lot harsher on the "Players who would disgrace the simian race by being compared to one." "Mouth breathers who'd fail at living if it wasn't automatic" crowd and terms they use lol. I call out what i see. People want to justify a low skill mount that can fly on one button and specs that do 99% of frame perfect dps by pressing afk and then having the pet spec automate itself and become immune to pve cc and dps while they're downed too haha. Just people who want results for no effort or skill and think everyone else is jealous of them.  "peak skill" in gw2 is doing a pointless grind for a couple days that takes no skill or a strikes or even a bounty lol. And just pressing 1 and going afk.

Suree it iss buddy.. I'm laughing with my squad lol, playing the game how i love and enjoying it. And that includes using more than 1 button for all of my life decisions lmao. I bet you'd be a afk tombjorn main who's only potg would be going afk or hitting the wrong turret lol. 

• Confused 4

On 8/4/2022 at 4:37 AM, Ashen.2907 said:

This is not achievable.

Perfection is impossible, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it.

@Sunchaser.9854 brings up an interesting point, too. The long, rewarding grind for the skyscale is for a mount whose main use is being too lazy to pick the best mount for the job?

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Perfection is impossible, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it.

@Sunchaser.9854 brings up an interesting point, too. The long, rewarding grind for the skyscale is for a mount whose main use is being too lazy to pick the best mount for the job?

Sure, but what you were suggesting wasnt perfection, or even improvement, just sufficiently different that it would be disappointing to different people than is the case now.

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Sure, but what you were suggesting wasnt perfection, or even improvement, just sufficiently different that it would be disappointing to different people than is the case now.

How in the world is it not a definite improvement to make it a streamlined quest so you don't have to repeatedly tab between a guide just to know what you're doing?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

How in the world is it not a definite improvement to make it a streamlined quest so you don't have to repeatedly tab between a guide just to know what you're doing?

What you described as, "tedious," other people called, and continue to call, fun. Personally I agree with you as to the tedium (which is why I do not have a Skyscale), but most of my circle of friends and guildies absolutely loved the entire process. 

Edited by Ashen.2907

Years and years of complaining that would have been better spent ingame playing for 1 or 2 hours a day to chip at the skyscale. Y'all what's boring is this topic...💀 

It was made 'easier' already with achievements literally knocking out all the currency you need for you. Just get some gathering tools. Convert gold into gems if you must have it **right that second** for the treats and stuff. But god forbid, you will have to do everything before that. 

Edited by Jools.6293
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Then why read it?

The fact that there's a huge merged mega thread for this topic is really telling. Its beaten to death. Skimming through threads like this is like walking through a museum. Whenever I see these I try to offer some tips to try to help people and I did try already for this thread. But, it just keeps going on and on. 

Tldr: Its entertaining to read forums sometimes. If you want something do the steps to get it. 🤪 

The best part about this is you aren't missing out and can do as much as you want, take a break and still be where you left off! 😊

Edited by Jools.6293

10 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

What you described as, "tedious," other people called, and continue to call, fun. Personally I agree with you as to the tedium (which is why I do not have a Skyscale), but most of my circle of friends and guildies absolutely loved the entire process. 

Hmm, I think l see what you're saying, but not quite how it refutes my point. Taking out the "look up a guide" aspects should leave the in-game grindiness the same as it was. Counting events before the collection is unlocked wouldn't change the fact a player who already did that event already did it. Removing the timegates won't hurt anyone's enjoyment, it'll let them get on with the collection if they're ready.

8 hours ago, Jools.6293 said:

Years and years of complaining that would have been better spent ingame playing for 1 or 2 hours a day to chip at the skyscale. Y'all what's boring is this topic...💀 

It was made 'easier' already with achievements literally knocking out all the currency you need for you. Just get some gathering tools. Convert gold into gems if you must have it **right that second** for the treats and stuff. But god forbid, you will have to do everything before that. 

Like l had said before, the Skyscale treats feel like such a, "Here, now stop whining," band-aid solution from ANET. Couldn't be bothered to actually address the issue, just gave a catch-all option so some players can craft/buy their way through it.

Oh, and l suppose l can also say that I don't want to waste my time chipping away at content l don't enjoy, when l can chip away at content l do enjoy.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Hmm, I think l see what you're saying, but not quite how it refutes my point. Taking out the "look up a guide" aspects should leave the in-game grindiness the same as it was. Counting events before the collection is unlocked wouldn't change the fact a player who already did that event already did it. Removing the timegates won't hurt anyone's enjoyment, it'll let them get on with the collection if they're ready.

Like l had said before, the Skyscale treats feel like such a, "Here, now stop whining," band-aid solution from ANET. Couldn't be bothered to actually address the issue, just gave a catch-all option so some players can craft/buy their way through it.

Oh, and l suppose l can also say that I don't want to waste my time chipping away at content l don't enjoy, when l can chip away at content l do enjoy.

Skyscale treats also become something crafters can make and sell. So they engage with the skyscale quest content long after they’ve unlocked their own.