New playeable races

52 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Other than aesthetics, culture, lore, additional personalities for player characters, and a new hub city to explore.  

all those can be added without a new race tho.

And the combat tonic add the rest since you wont get all armors retrofited anyway + it is easier with said tonic for Anets part.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

I can only speak from my perspective. But I would be more interested in a story related to the Tengu, which are locked in the Domain of the Winds for 300 years, instead of solving the energy problem of Kaineng. EoD was a very good foundation for opening the Domain of the Winds, which could had led to a whole living story/expansion/campaign introducing the Tengu to the rest of the world. Let us imagine a 30 bucks mini expansion with exactly this: A story related to the Domain of the Winds opening up. Or maybe something inside is happening and a few Tengu are calling out a wind of change in their society, hoping of outsiders to help them out. If Guild Wars 2 would handle this like it was handled in World of Warcraft, we could get story, new characters, new masteries, weapons, armor, strikes (?). And on top of that, Guild Wars 2 could introduce the Tengu as a new playable race after the end of the campaign. If you don't like the race: fine. Then you had content and a lots of things to do/collect with their campaign. And if you like it: You are rewarded even more. Having this or just seeing more Tengu outside the Domain of the Wind only makes sense at this point. It expands Tyrias story and opens up many new ways of new story/content.

That is just a small idea which could work. Like I said: EoD is a perfect foundation for that. I'm open for anything similar. So far this sounds much more interesting to me than seeing more green stuff in Cantha and solving their energy problem. But who knows how things gonna turn out in the newest living story? 

Edited by Maria Murtor.7253
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

all those can be added without a new race tho.

And the combat tonic add the rest since you wont get all armors retrofited anyway + it is easier with said tonic for Anets part.

I would certainly welcome more combat tonics, provided they allowed use of mounts.

Anything you have to toggle off to mount and then toggle back on after dismounting is too annoying to use consistently.

Edited by Gibson.4036
And yes, Ele's elementals are included in that statement.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3