Cele Heal Tempest: How much DPS is enough to justify weak healing?

Linnael.1069

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWGBrhtwuYkYZN53UB-zxQY1Io8jeHNUQLnREKg0lAecWafYD-e
A different take on heal alac tempest. Brings alac and all boons just like heal temp.
Worse at healing than most healers. But it benches 16k dps while healing. This is almost like a unique 10% dps buff assuming a 5 man party with 4 dpsers doing 38k+ dps.

The reasoning is that alac tempest is locked into a rotation to maintain alac (cannot reactively burst heal) so we should rely on passive ticks from soothing mist/regen, and get as much dps as we can out of the overloads we are forced to do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bit unsure about your regen sources here since you run neither Arcane nor Invigorating Torrents. Unless you overload water I don't see how you want to get to 100% uptime on that and doing that directly hurts Soothing Mist uptime so it's not an option in the first place.

I think the question is not so much how much damage you can bring but rather "is the healing enough?".

Your actual Healing Power stat is really low and you give up on 30% outgoing healing by passing up on Monk rune and Transference sigil.

Assuming you get your 100% regen from somewhere you heal for (290 + (0.325 * 448)) * 1.25 = 544 life per second.  Which is more than a regular healers regen. Most raid bosses tick 600-800 aura damage with prot every 3s meaning this is easily enough for low pressure bosses. On bosses that deal further damage that is either hard to avoid or completely unavoidable you likely won't be able to run this due to the lack of healing output beyond the passive healing which essentially includes the entirety of W1+2 and some other raid bosses.

Overall this would be more of an equivalent to the Condi Druid that has already been run in the past with the difference that unlike Condi Druid, this build won't be able to easily heal through damage spikes (like Gorse retal).

There is a lot of flexibility to bring more regen/heal. If someone covers a little of your prot uptime of you don’t need projectile reflect you can bring water shout instead of earth; if someone has stab or the boss cc is predictable you can bring the auras regen trait. If you don’t need to completely cover might or you can have people stand in your fire overload, you have water field blasting built into the rotation. Between the swap to water every 10s, heal shout, and water 3/4 there is actually a lot you can throw out there. The problem is mostly having you interrupt your rotation to react to damage. 

Personally I feel it is pretty rough having such a tight window to maintain alac, and I am hoping we see some changes. If it gets to a place where you can interrupt rotations to do your water burst without dropping alac, then I would maybe say it’s a much better healer than the old condi Druid.

Until then this is more just a theory craft for low pressure situations where you want more damage, or random stuff you want to be more self sufficient on (pugging fractals is fun with this, it is cute to watch yourself creep up on  the slow  dpsers on arc. Also nice when u want to scratch the healer itch but still want to get stuff done in open world)

• Sad 1

It is purely theoretical at that point but this is my take on the celestial Condi Alac/Heal tempest :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGAFgE26WZEsL2CriRijqkfTF-zxIY1opvMSoIqORk/gICNxmxaCwnG-e

The idea is to rotate between Overload Fire, Earth and Air to maintain alac and damage while only dipping into water for 2-3 seconds in between each Overload. Hopefully maintaining Soothing mist, some Regeneration (about 40% uptime) and procing Healing ripple regularly are enough healing for your group. As far as the rotation is concerned the gist of it is :
Fire : Drake's breath > mash your other skills > Overload fire > Drakes breath (Switch to water while Drake's breath is doing its job)
Water : Cone of cold every time, other skills only if more healing is needed (Ideally Water globe + Frozen burst healing combo goes there because you can blast the water field a second time with Sand squall in Earth)
Earth : Ring of Earth > mash your other skills > Overload Earth > Ring of Earth (Switch to water while Ring of Earth is doing its job)
Water : same
Air : Convergence > mash your other skills > Overload Air > Convergence (Switch to water while Convergence is doing hits job)

"Wash the pain away!" is used when needed.
Glyph of lesser Elementals is always used in fire.
Signet of Fire, "Feel the burn!" and Flame barrage (that is the Elite fire elemental skill) are used on cooldown.
Scepter and focus are only there for precasting purpose.
You never overload Water unless it is an absolute healing emergency and you are ok with loosing access to most of your healing for the next 16 seconds !

If you need more healing you should not be afraid to switch your Elite fire elemental for the water one. There is also an argument about dropping Superior sigil of Smoldering in favor of Superior sigil of Bursting and switch the glyph of lesser elementals for Conjure frost bow to cap the burn duration during Fire overload and gain another source of healing.

It looks clunky-ish and I would wait for a rotation wizard to fix things up but in the meantime it is viable enough I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Guybrush.4762 said:

It is purely theoretical at that point but this is my take on the celestial Condi Alac/Heal tempest :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGAFgE26WZEsL2CriRijqkfTF-zxIY1opvMSoIqORk/gICNxmxaCwnG-e

The idea is to rotate between Overload Fire, Earth and Air to maintain alac and damage while only dipping into water for 2-3 seconds in between each Overload. Hopefully maintaining Soothing mist, some Regeneration (about 40% uptime) and procing Healing ripple regularly are enough healing for your group. As far as the rotation is concerned the gist of it is :
Fire : Drake's breath > mash your other skills > Overload fire > Drakes breath (Switch to water while Drake's breath is doing its job)
Water : Cone of cold every time, other skills only if more healing is needed (Ideally Water globe + Frozen burst healing combo goes there because you can blast the water field a second time with Sand squall in Earth)
Earth : Ring of Earth > mash your other skills > Overload Earth > Ring of Earth (Switch to water while Ring of Earth is doing its job)
Air : Convergence > mash your other skills > Overload Air > Convergence (Switch to water while Convergence is doing hits job)

"Wash the pain away!" is used when needed.
Glyph of lesser Elementals is always used in fire.
Signet of Fire, "Feel the burn!" and Flame barrage (that is the Elite fire elemental skill) are used on cooldown.
Scepter and focus are only there for precasting purpose.
You never overload Water unless it is an absolute healing emergency and you are ok with loosing access to most of your healing for the next 16 seconds !

If you need more healing you should not be afraid to switch your Elite fire elemental for the water one. There is also an argument about dropping Superior sigil of Smoldering in favor of Superior sigil of Bursting and switch the glyph of lesser elementals for Conjure frost bow to cap the burn duration during Fire overload and gain another source of healing.

It looks clunky-ish and I would wait for a rotation wizard to fix things up but in the meantime it is viable enough I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tried a dagger build and ultimately dropped it because the forced movement is tough to manage in some fights. I will say with around 80% boon duration you can do a 2 element overload rotation instead of 3, so you could drop the air overload part of that. It may be worth looking to see whether that is better or worse, considering the loss of condi runes/sigils on a condi build.

• Sad 1

In therory, with both alacrity and quickness, you need about 7.5 second to attain singularity to an element and finish the overload. You then have to wait 16 second to refresh the cooldown of that element (or 14 second with Arcane trait line). That means with zero boon duration using one overload gives you around 29% Alacrity uptime (or 32% with Arcane trait line). Furthermore, if you hit sand squall regularly you gain up to 12% "free" boon extension (or 15% with Earth trait line) but it requires cooldown management.

So if my not yet caffeinated morning maths is to be trusted and assuming you do a perfect rotation you need around
-100% boon duration, both arcane and earth trait line and a friendly chrono pumping signet of inspiration perfectly... to barely make it work with 1 overload (that is pretty much unrealistic but it is cool enough to mention it)
-At least 52% boon duration with 2 overloads (38% with Arcane, 47% with Earth and 33% with both).
-At least 1.2% boon duration with 3 overlords.

So yeah, my build/rotation up there have way more boon duration than needed... I was like... hum... What rune should I take ? I have a few rune of the traveler nearby so I guess they will work. 😄

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2022 at 11:29 AM, Guybrush.4762 said:

38% with Arcane, 47% with Earth and 33% with both

The question is: Which heal tempest takes Arcane and Eath? For healing, the water trait is a must-have.

Die Frage ist: Welcher Heal Tempest nimmt Arkan und Erde? Wasser ist Muss für ein funktionierendes Heal-Build.

Edited by Cindaria.6379
Wrong language
  • Sad 1